Universal NEO TURF MASTERS (by DotEmu)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jun 29, 2016.

1. cmmc38

cmmc38 Member

Jun 22, 2012
    Thank you Dot Emu!! Thank you for providing such amazing ports. Everyone in the Emulation scene correctly claims that emulation is for game preservation first and foremost while publishers claim emulation is purely for piracy. Seeing companies like you guys and M2 provide legal avenues for game preservation is wonderful to see. I will support you as long as you do what you do.

2. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I can only comment on the original, but it was a phenomenal golf game and very addictive, and it holds up very well today.

3. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Im not that into golf games but im buying this just cuz its dotemu....the awesome devs giving us awesome ports, i will 100% support them for that alone!✌#️✌#✌#✌#✌#

4. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    +1 for Windjammers. That game is awesome.

5. TheGodless

TheGodless Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2013
    Well said!

6. Rhino

Rhino Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    + 1 for windhammers as well. Game is so great

7. poopguy69

poopguy69 Active Member

Nov 14, 2015
    It took me a while to understand how to play this, but now I'm hooked. This one is a gem!

8. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    So many 5 stars, I just got it and will give it a go now.

9. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Ditto. This brings back massive memories of drunken afternoons in the Leeds university refectory bar in the early 90s which can only be a good thing

10. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    Does anyone know how the continues structure works? I can't work out how/why I occasionally get asked to insert coin. I thought it was if I didn't par a certain amount of holes but it doesn't seem to be the case?

11. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I agree that quitting and saving needs to be sorted - maybe an explicit option in the menu for "Save and Quit". It's not obvious at all if you want to pause the game.

Also, one thing that annoys me is the fact that, for the swing, I have to tap the exact area I'm supposed to be monitoring in order to hit the right shot power, and the right shot "place" (i.e. low/nice/high).

Since I use my thumb, and I have big fingers, by thumb fully obscures the screen area I'm supposed to be watching in order to make it stop in the right place.

Could you look into an alternative for that? I wouldn't mind moving that "tap" area to the top-right quadrant of the screen, maybe above the area you touch to aim the shot further to the right. This way I could still hit it with my right thumb without obscuring it.

The way it currently is isn't really working, though.

12. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I'm having problems implementing the backspin. I read the directions and I'm following them but no luck?

13. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011
    I've just noticed that the distance indicator doesn't change when you select a different club which is slightly annoying....

14. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I noticed that - is that a bug or is that how the original game was?

I expected it to change, but since I hadn't played the original I didn't know if it was a bug or not.

15. pbb76

pbb76 Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Would make sense that it would, though I wonder if it would make the game too easy. Judging distances is pretty hard though - would be nice to bring up the overview map again.

Putting is a bit weird too - figuring out the direction of the 'grain' and what it relates to on screen.

Great game though!

16. pjft

pjft Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I was looking up some YT videos and it doesn't seem to change the arrow in the original :O

That was unexpected.

17. orangecan

Aug 9, 2011

Yeah I can't remember either and it does make judging distances very hard if your not just shooting up the fairway.
    I do remember the putting being very tricky in the arcade tho

18. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Well, it was an arcade game, they wanted you to spend coins more and more. :D

19. kellstrand

kellstrand Member

Apr 29, 2014
    This has earned a permanent spot on my iPhone/iPad. Thank you.

20. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Each club shows its maximum distance in the lower bar.

So I guess you guys are talking about on the map? Because I was wondering that too, and just put it down to an acquired skill that I assume you learn as you play?