Universal Neo Scavenger (by Blue Bottle Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lurchroboter, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Judas Krimson

Judas Krimson New Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Italy
    Since this game is pretty realistic and you begin almost naked, wearing just an hospital gown, you DON'T actually have an inventory because well... you're naked, you don't have anything where you can store things in, so you can just carry things in your hands.
    Your primary objective is finding something that you can use as inventory like a plastic bag or trousers with pockets, or even a backpack or a shopping cart.

2. Judas Krimson

Judas Krimson New Member

Mar 19, 2017
    Italy
    I downloaded the game and I find it pretty good, even if it's all too small, it's difficult to select things.
    The major problem is that the game at a certain random point crashes and shuts down deleting any progress made, and when I reopen the app I have to start over back from scratch, it's a game-breaking issue that I hope will be fixed soon.

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    it's FREE now... downloading! :confused:

4. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Save feature only available in full version...there are save and quit option after you purchased iap full version.

5. dedyp79

Mar 21, 2013
    And there are continue button in full version

6. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    For me its a messed up port.
    The most important "hover over an object and it shows all stats"-mechanic is replaced with pressing long on an object/action/status to see what it does. This is an absolut killer for this game. All takes much too long. And also everything is too small. To press the exact little pixels for a tiny plastic bag takes more time than playing this game.
    Really sad how badly optimized it is for touchscreens. I know you can zoom in, but this helps not if you have to press on every item or action for 1 second before it shows an info.

7. Jaklar

Jaklar Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2010
    Insta-Refund

Huge fan of the PC version, but this port is an interface disaster. It's a top-to-bottom masterclass in how not to make an interface for touch controls. Regrettable outcome.

8. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Only played for 5 minutes on my iphone 6s plus... and the UI really doesnt seem that great. I am pretty sure its going to fit much better on a tablet though.

9. Bunion

Bunion Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Guessing you played on a phone?

10. dedyp79

Mar 21, 2013
    Iphone still playable...but ipad the best for this game

11. Bunion

Bunion Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Having a problem buying full version. When I load the game up and see the orange 'full version' button and click it, nothing happens?

12. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Funny how this game seems very complex to some members of TA,many of them have not even heard or played Cataclysm - dark days ahead or Dwarf Fortress.Just saying...^^

13. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Had the same issue. I forget to turn on wifi.

14. Bunion

Bunion Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    #54 Bunion, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Ah, it's definitely not that lol = Update - Fixed by restarting my iPad (strange)

As for the game itself - I find it really fun but it's somewhat crippled by it's chunkiness caused by its move to touch controls. The grid where you can see what is near you on the ground bugs out sometimes causing items to overlap the green indicators on the left of the screen and sometimes all items disappear for a moment only leaving the quantity indicator visible in the grid. The interface is unintuitive and there is hardly any way of knowing, for example, that you need to equip a shopping cart to your vehicle slot in order to move it around. Also, the 'camp' stuff is pretty confusing initially too. Those two points are forgivable for the most part but the bugs and clunkiness, time will tell - i'm going to keep playing it for a while but I feel these things will become more annoying with time.

I really want to get into this game but unfortunately part of me thinks its better on PC although i'd prefer it on my iPad due to the fact i'm not always in front of the PC.

Edit / update - Ok i can't stop thinking about this game, i'm willing to buy this and hope the dev fixes the bugs. Its so freaking fun!

15. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    #55 geoelectric, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Well, this sucks. I paid $10 for it because of his upload mistake and he didn't do the Dead Venture style thing where previous $$ purchasers get the IAP granted for free. I was at a conference when I jumped on it so didn't find out until today that I'd been inadvertently screwed.

I have a refund request out to Apple. Hopefully they do the right thing. I'd like to reacquire it, even though the free+IAP thing is a quite a bit shittier for family subscribers than a full premium game.

16. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    I guess this game doesn't work offline ? I get a black intro screen

17. dcfedor

dcfedor New Member

Hey Folks! Sorry for the delay in responding. Still finding the threads about the game around the web.

First of all, thanks to all have supported the game so far! While it was a bit of a bumpy launch, things seem to be getting back in order now.

Secondly, I apologize for the pricing issues on Apple App Store. It was indeed supposed to be a free demo with IAP for full version, and I screwed that up. If you accidentally purchased the app, please request a refund. Apple seems to be pretty good about granting refunds so far, given it was an obvious mistake.

Thirdly, another apology for the clunky UI. This is one of the game's bigger weaknesses, even on desktop. It tries to do many things at once, and in a limited screen space, so it gets crowded. And this is exacerbated by smaller screens (and lack of a cursor).

Tablets were definitely the intended audience for mobile, but enough folks asked for phone support that we did our best to accommodate. But, as many are saying here, it's far from perfect.

The good news is that, already, we're getting some good feedback on the issues the game has. And while I'm not certain we can solve everything, some things look hopeful.

I'm going to subscribe to the thread, just to I don't forget where to find it. But if I'm taking too long to reply here, feel free to reach me at [email protected], or via any of my website's contact addresses (Twitter, Reddit, etc.).

Thanks again!

18. phandaal

phandaal Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    How about submitting a premium version without the IPA for family subscribers?

19. Reaganomics

Apr 26, 2009
    #59 Reaganomics, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Thanks for checking on us. I'm really enjoying your game, I'm glad I purchased it. I'm actually a fan of the UI, it definitely has a PC feel, which I miss. I haven't played a PC game in years.
    But, so far so good. The only issue that I'm having is the main map occasionally disappearing when I un-toggle it. Anyway, thanks for bringing your game to iOS.

20. Reaganomics

Apr 26, 2009
    I wanted to get into Cataclysm - dark days ahead on iOS , but the UI was atrocious. Couldn't really play it on my laptop because my laptop is super slow. I'm now glad I get to play some type of survival game with depth.