Universal Neo Scavenger (by Blue Bottle Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lurchroboter, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    Some people just try really hard to find the negative.

Edit: Appears to be fixed at AppStore with free download to try it now.

2. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    What's game like any feedback

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Wrote up a summary on page 2.

Hope I can get my $9.99 back from Apple so I can apply it to the IAP.

IMHO I wish it was premium instead of unlock, but that's today's app market.

4. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Looks nice. But isn't everything so small? Or is it just me?

5. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    You added zoom. You're a genius! I hope I can get into it, if so, I'm making the purchase.

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It's been like that since the PC version. IMHO it made for a great game to run in a small window at work. ;)

Double-tap to zoom caught me off guard - wonder what other UI changes there are.

Anyone with a force touch device want to share if that brings up a sub menu on objects in-game? (Fun fact: this game was coded in Flash, and on the PC to begin with right-mouse-button only brought up the generic Flash controls/options, but hasn't in a while...)

7. Bunion

Bunion Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    can someone please tell me :

1) How similar is it to the PC version? Any main differences or features missing?
    2) Does it have MFI support? Don't suppose it needs it really?

8. BillyOceansBlues

BillyOceansBlues Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Yes! I love this game and I can't wait to get into it on my devices instead of sitting at a desk with a mouse.

9. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Oh my god u got it at 9.99 the full game or the same as the free one?

10. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Oh thank you!!! :)

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    1) Seems almost identical to the PC version, with the addition of a zoom function and touch-hold to bring up the menu right-click does on PC.

2) I don't see why you'd want controller support - the original game plays with a mouse, and the touch interface is so far, as expected, fine.

12. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    One of the best pc games ever

13. Bunion

Bunion Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2011
    Awesome, thanks for the info!

14. Kainamor

Dec 17, 2015
    Double tap works for zoom but in finding just normal pinch and pull works better for me if you all didn't know.

15. LousyHero

LousyHero Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    Well spent some time on it. Love it like the pc version. Actually plays pretty well on my 7, havent tried the ipad yet. Assume it will be better. Playing through the free version and either it ends abruptly and deletes your save. Or i encountered an awful bug as the game crashed and my save was completely gone.

16. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Tried the free version but not sure..there is no tutorial and the interface is kinda confusing. I think it's not very friendly to those that haven't played it or something similar before.

17. Kainamor

Dec 17, 2015
    I want to like this game. It seems so good but I just can't figure out so many basics. I can scavenge or loot but it says things in ground with no way to add to my inventory? Also says goto the med area to treat wounds with no way to do so. I could get over everything being so small if I could figure easy stuff out.

18. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    If you have never played it may want to go watch a couple videos of others playing it even if it's pc version I did that and went back to it I haven't had near as many problems now if I can just stay alive
    I really want to buy it but I accidentally bought lord of the rings two towers today in HD never meant to buy it just trying to free up space hahaha I should be fine to grab it anyways though
    I do enjoy it much more now that I know what does what
    At first it can be confusing but trial and error and some videos should help

19. Kainamor

Dec 17, 2015
    Thanks I'll try that because as of now it's just not fun. I am very annoyed trying to figure out the UI.

20. neumanator

neumanator Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2015
    I second this. I picked this up today. Watched a couple videos (Mathas Games) and I picked it up pretty fast. It is a little funny at first, but it becomes natural pretty fast.