Universal Neo Monsters (by NTT Resonant Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Oct 21, 2015.

1. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I really appreciate you addressing questions as they come up and I asked if this was the same as Hunter island since I did enjoy it bit never finished it as I got distracted with life.

Please explain A, B, C, D or do you recommend any guide tat might be useful as I never played Pokemon and wonder if even some Hunter Island guides might be useful for total newbies like me????

2. ZigZaGameDev

ZigZaGameDev Active Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Those dungeons are epic challenges. If you are really good you win them near the end of the island they are on, otherwise simply come back part way through the next island and you will have no trouble. Its just a way to test yourself.

Signing out for tonight. Happy hunting!

3. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Hi dev, can I ask if I backup my app in my iTunes, will my progress be saved? I may need to buy a new iPhone soon so if I switch can I get my progress back?

4. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    yes, it should be saved. also, we are currently testing an in-game online saving function, which should be ready soon. Will keep you guys posted.

5. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    #146 CoreyFox, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    I was reading a lot of complaints - on the IOS page about the leveling system being "card based" and unrealistic.. Well, I just want to let the devs know that I find this leveling system very fun and creative, and I always look forward to when I have a handful of skill points to go spend.

6. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Online saving? How does that work? U mean generating out a code and input that code in the new phone to get back the progress? Or is it iCloud?

May I also suggest using Facebook or Gamecenter to keep progress?

7. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Can someone tell me what's the use of capturing non-starred monsters? Beside occupying space and maybe for the monster list

8. hunkyducky1

hunkyducky1 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    I feel this game is a freemium hidden inside of a cheap premium price. Would have thought twice about getting it if I knew before hand.

9. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    #150 Talaen, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    I don't think this is true at all and it would be beneficial to note what aspects of the game make you feel that way.

I rolled an Epic (not even super Epic) with my first egg hatch, and didn't even consider re-starting. I've since played for many hours (Hero rank 10 and finished the Elite League) and never once felt pressured to spend money.

The only elements of the game that are freemium-like is the egg hatch (which is optional; I played a lot of the game leveling up and evolving the 2 and 3 star rares I've captured in the world and in dungeons), and the fact that the online components use a ticket system (their name for the energy system in place).

I have not seen any impediment to playing the non online components or training monsters, so I have not felt unable to make progress at any time. I would like to see the # of tickets you can earn increased faster via earlier hero levels, and the restoration rate increased a bit (cut down the current timing by a half).

I have enjoyed the game so much I spent money on additional gems to hatch more monsters recently and support the developers, as this is a complete steal at $.99. I also love the storyline seems to continue in complimentary ways between the offline and online parts.

This is my favorite Pokemon-like game on iOS to date, and can't wait to get further into it.

[Edit: in hindsight, I had not been paying much attention to the key aspect of the online game. Give tickets already gate frequency of online activities, the keys should be removed completely, as too many elements of evolution progress are locked behind them for no good reason.]

10. ZigZaGameDev

Oct 20, 2015
    #151 ZigZaGameDev, Oct 24, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
    Some question answers:

Q: Hi dev, can I ask if I backup my app in my iTunes, will my progress be saved? I may need to buy a new iPhone soon so if I switch can I get my progress back?

A: If you are buying a new phone, the best way to do this is to make sure your phone is backed up on icloud and then when you buy a new phone at the store(or at home) you can restore your new phone from the backup of your old phone. This way you have your old phone still incase something goes wrong and in theory the new phone is just like the old one as far as your apps.

Q: Online saving? How does that work? U mean generating out a code and input that code in the new phone to get back the progress? Or is it iCloud?

A: Yes you are right, a code.

We feel the game provides an enormous amount of entertainment given its price of 1$. If you feel otherwise, consider what else you can do in your life for 1$ Are you going to see star wars(I know I am)? that is gonna run you 15-25$ for 2 hours of entertainment.

11. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    It's insane that you are even having to justify this model. Far better than similar games I've played.

12. Moocow

Moocow Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    - Does this require constant internet connection?
    - Does it actually play like the GBA/DS pokemon games where there's actually a story of some kind and quests, not just walking around randomly and grinding for monsters?
    - How do battle mechanics compare with the pokemon games? Elemental weaknesses/skill use limits/evolve system?
    - How does capturing monsters work? Is it like pokemon where you just endlessly walk in "grassy" areas and it'll roll a random monster?

13. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015

Exactly!

14. ZigZaGameDev

Oct 20, 2015
    -No internet is required at all for single player activity.
    -There is a huge story localized to 5 languages(watch the video posted on the first page by a player of the first 40 minutes)
    -Battle mechanics differ significantly from Pokemon. Most noticeably you have battles with 4v4 and your replacment pool of 16 guys means each battle may contain up to 16 of your guys.
    -Capturing monsters is similar to pokemon in that the health of the monster determines capture chance

15. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I don't know if this is really worth a whole .99ยข...hey devs can we get a 50% off sale...

That is of course a joke^^^ this game is highly polished and a very, very easy recommendation. This coming from someone who is 39 yrs. old and never owned nor played A Pokemon game.

16. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Add me please.. I have the legendary tiamat

17. ZigZaGameDev

Oct 20, 2015
    I don't mind add me requests but could you also include some comment about the game so that new people don't have to go through a sea of friend requests to find game feedback. Thanks!

Add me: I have a red user name with a dev tag

18. Moocow

Moocow Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    There is a sub-forum for the friend code spam. Apparently people would rather spam here for some reason.

19. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    I see some people arguing that this price is unfair or whatever... that's silly. The only freemium element is random eggs, which really isn't that bad. The game doesn't ever bug you to pay extra money and it has a whole offline campaign. The online missions are icing on the cake, though they're sometimes too easy because the game lets me invite other peoples' super powered monsters.