Universal Neo Monsters (by NTT Resonant Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Oct 21, 2015.

1. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Thank you.. that's reassuring.. downloading now :)

2. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Any chance of MFi support and an Apple TV version? ;)

3. Jaxal65

Jaxal65 Member

Oct 30, 2014
    Does this require a constant internet connection?

4. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #64 Zeillusion, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    Thanks for answering my question dev! Gonna buy some eggs to support y'all. What about name change? I don't see an option, or does the game not require that.

The game is seriously beautiful. I love how monsters evolve and don't require crazy grinding like that f2p garbage minomonsters that just came out. The art is awesome as well in this game!

5. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    I have problem attaching the photo but I have
    registered my monster online already, so do add me as fren at 48395064 to use my legendary monster :)

6. ZigZaGameDev

ZigZaGameDev Active Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Letting the Japanese guys get some sleep, so taking over for questions from the US side!
    Name Change: You set your name when you first go online. You can change it later once you get far enough. This is to prevent people from being abusive with names.

Save and restore code, this is coming but is not intended for device sharing. With device sharing, cheating becomes very easy and we have made extreme efforts to block cheating so that pvp and online experiences are the best they can be.

The ~90 meg size is the submitted size, somebody else correctly pointed out that the unzipped app size is closer to 200 megs. That is pretty tiny considering we have 900 animated monsters.

You do not have to be online to play this game. You only need to go online to access the extra missions and content section.

7. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    I still love more all the Battle music from DIB!

Please add all the battle songs from Dragon Island Blue later in an update to Neo Monsters!
    I buy it if you add the pack songs!

Stay awesome ZZG Team!:D

8. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    Totally agree with what you said.
    It's so slick and polished and I'm just loving it.
    Pulled a super epic on starting egg and have progressed through the rookie beginner challenge ok.
    Got killed in the rare dungeon by a super hard boss.....will need to level up my team a bit more.
    Anyone in any doubt......GET THIS GAME

9. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    #69 Zeillusion, Oct 22, 2015
    If someone knows anything about name change lmk.

Also; just tried to capture the first rare dungeon encounter. Caltured the monster in third try but they wiped my team >.< looks like I'll have to go back later.

Also, is 4$ per monster a little steep? Considering there's hundreds of em.

Edit: unlocked online play, was able to change name.

Also is there any point in having two of the same monster?

10. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    #70 Tulki, Oct 22, 2015
    Kind of cautious about this... Micromon had advertised a new zone in an update, and iCloud support, and neither came. It was also heavily pay2win with the whole "monster rarity" thing that gave bonus stats.

What is this like in comparison, and how do we know updates for this won't be put off?

Dragon Island Blue was fantastic... it was just Micromon that felt a bit iffy in terms of support.

11. ZigZaGameDev

Oct 20, 2015
    Great news guys! We just made #1 RPG in the US. Thanks to all of you for your support! Please share the game with your friends if you like it, maybe we can go for #1 overall!

12. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    You deserve it! This is an awesome game! Thank you for being active in the forums and answering questions... Take care..

13. donnaloia

donnaloia New Member

Oct 22, 2015
    #73 donnaloia, Oct 22, 2015
    I would also like to now how this compared to Micromon. I though Micromon was fantastic game, but was completely broken.

Also, I just watched gameplay footage of Neo Monsters on Youtube and what are the teal outlines surrounding the character when moving around the map?

14. ZigZaGameDev

Oct 20, 2015
    Q: Kind of cautious about this... Micromon had advertised a new zone in an update, and iCloud support, and neither came. It was also heavily pay2win with the whole "monster rarity" thing that gave bonus stats. What is this like in comparison, and how do we know updates for this won't be put off? Dragon Island Blue was fantastic... it was just Micromon that felt a bit iffy in terms of support.

A: While we did publish Micromon, Dragon Island and Hunter Island are games that Pocket Trend(ZigZaGame) developed ourselves. We have followed in the footsteps of those games with Neo Monsters but also branched out with a giant online section. In addition to regular updates, our online section does not require app updates to grow so we can add more content whenever its ready. Our beta testers actually have already played some of the new online content that is not yet in the live version.

15. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    I'm really impressed with this game. Markedly higher quality and polish from previous games, just good stuff. I was also lucky enough to get legendary on the free spin. I thought for sure it was by design but it looks like others weren't so lucky..

16. sakuraarts

sakuraarts Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Is there a difference in choosing male or female at the start of the game?

17. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    #77 Zeillusion, Oct 22, 2015
    I recommend getting this game NOW. No timers no currency to f2p trash. Straight eggs only IAP. I've got a crazy team that I've earned with no money and later tonight I'll throw 20$ at the devs. No evolve items to grind just level , play , have fun. No crap poke pall nonsense "pay 2 capture". You have a capture button that is always there to use. It's absolutely amazing. Perfect f2p game. The only thing you can buy are eggs at a chance at some monsters. 4$ per monster. Not sure if that's a bit steep, you can buy more for discounted but yeah. Games BEAUTIFUL.

Edit: looks like there's super evo materials but can't be bought just earned. Looking at my monster I see 4/5 stars ect. How can I eventually 5* him? I've evolved him twice but he stays at 4*. Do you use these event materials somehow?

18. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Where are you guys resetting the game for a better monster? Right at the beginning when you pick one of the 4 elements, or after that first fight against the Zapcat? Or after you get into the city for the Rookie League Tryouts?

edit: nevermind figured it out

19. Zeillusion

Sep 30, 2013
    Also what does training session days mean? Like next to all your monsters. Some say 35 some say 60.

Lol @ y'all resetting. I could never do that, no patience.