Universal Neo Monsters (by NTT Resonant Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    You're welcome (=
    To evolve a legendary monster you need this omega mid though. The event that lets us get it isn't even out yet and you will have to be hero rank 45 to start the event... So it will still be quite some time before anyone can ultra evolve a legendary like your omegawhyrm.

2. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Yes you're right :/

I thought the first ingredient can be found in the Valley of Pyramids too. So I have to lvl up my hero weeks or even months well I think I'm going to take a brake from playing for a while

3. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Since I was able to beat offline and online modes I will just use up my daily keys and that's it till the update hits. I really hope they implement more chapters as well as the pvp soon.

Best epics are probably the starters or everyone with last stand! I recently got one so now I have 2 monsters with last stand in the end. Increasing the chance to be able to use this crazy strong skill

4. Sertorius

Sertorius Member

Oct 5, 2013
    #304 Sertorius, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    2-star monsters in random encounters

So the map shows you when a 2-star "rare" monster is near, but take note that other 2-stars are also possible (not sure if only in the "rare" areas, or anywhere). If you are the type who wants to catch everything before moving on, this is your worst nightmare.

For instance, in the southern forest on the "Expert League" continent with the town "Daruk" (Ice World)" where the game tells you the 2-star Parasadon is able to be found, I have also found 2-star Seacalf and 2-star Tidalhorn (the evo of Seacalf). I saw each of these ONCE in about an hour of farming that forest area.

I know the 2-stars aren't very exciting, but some of them are pretty darn good. For example, a fully-grown 2-star Hellataur is really powerful with his quick Poison Touch + Poison Eater combo. Rhynobrawl is good in your initial team because he has decent stats and the Death Revenge Passive. 2-star Chillqueen is crazy powerful for her status, and combos well with Rosaqueen and Demihorus (both 3-star). Edit: I should also mention that the Parasardon, fully evolved, has Assisted Bolt, Ultrathunder (all), Accelerate Team, and Knock Back, all of which are pretty crazy good for a 2-star.

I haven't checked any of the other areas for hidden rares, but they are probably there as well (not sure I have the patience!).

5. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    hi guys, sorry we've been away, busy finishing up the next online chapter, which we should be able to release within the next 10 days. After that, we plan to do an event with a chance to get a 4 star, then we will try to squeeze in pvp beta. Will notify everyone once everything is confirmed.

6. Aliens

Aliens New Member

Oct 30, 2015
    #306 Aliens, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    Another generic, grindy, shallow, IAP-hungry "collectibles" game that you shouldn't waste your time and $0.99 on.

How to win this game without getting bored to tears: buy lots of IAP, spam golden eggs, one-shot everything, rinse and repeat.
    How to win this game by getting bored to tears: don't buy any IAP, get completely crappy monsters, spend countless hours fighting the exact same enemies to level up, rinse and repeat.

Comparing this with pokemon is a complete insult to pokemon. There is no variety to monsters because the game probably has a total of 20 usable skills, shared by 900 monsters. You get a generic 1-target attack, a generic 4-target attack, a generic 2-target attack, some status effect attacks, and buffs, that's it. The battle mechanics are completely stupid, 95% of the monsters are probably worthless because the higher the rarity tier the more damage it'll do simple as that, no equippable items, no consumables, no learnable skills, no exploration, no quests, fricking energy timers, monsters have ridiculous, small amount and boring skills (probably half the fire monsters have "flame" or whatever it's called). There's not a single thing that this game does better than any other free-to-play "collecting monster" crap titles out there, except maybe "animated" monsters if it can even be called that. "900 fully animated monsters" lol, if by "fully animated" you mean a subtle "rocking back and forth" pose, then sure...

7. Peterwilc

Peterwilc Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    The devs sold out. Simple as that. They saw how much money the candy crush team was making and decided to screw over the fans to line their pockets.

8. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    It is tough to see the current game as anything other than this. I went back and started over in Hunter Island and it has a completely different feel. I've been able to catch monsters of varying rarity, obtained many free gatcha pulls in that game, but have never felt like I was missing the ability to leverage the appropriate levels of monsters to be effective or missing anything. Still early in the gameplay, and no drive towards online or timers yet.

I'm still going to give Neo Monsters some time to see what changes they make in the next update.

9. unoriginal7

unoriginal7 Member

Nov 3, 2014
    So true the there's no excellent monsters to obtain in the wild...all you can do is hope for good pulls. There's no excitement or reason to really explore the wild.

10. Derprozess

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    #310 Derprozess, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    Sadly and as harsh as your impressions may look, you had spoken the ugly truth behind this "premium" game. I played a lot lately and I came to the conclusion that beating the game it's a matter of luck rather than skill. It's all about the luck you have when buying eggs - and it's not only about the horrible % you have to get a legendary but to obtain epics from all categories (almost all good monsters I won have poison skills which are good in online campaign but absolutely worthless very late in the main story).

I thought making some purchases to buy eggs will make a difference and will support the developers (even if now I find it hard to say "support" when I'm looking at the gems prices - one euro for a gem isn't really a fair price, after all if I purchase gems I use them to buy the picture of a monster and some numbers who determine their strength, and not some new chapters with real story and real places to be explored). Well no, like I said luck plays an overwhelming part in beating the game, at least in my situation.

Now I find myself in the ridiculous situation of having to face monsters who belong to categories which I can't defeat because I don't have monsters to counter attack their abilities. I'm a big fan of Pokemon series and I think the lack of various skills turns to be a big problem late in the game; I also think it really can't be compared with Pokemon in any aspect.

11. hunkyducky1

hunkyducky1 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Interesting. I agree completely.

12. Peterwilc

Peterwilc Active Member

Dec 19, 2014
    I just beat the game. My penguini killed like the last 8 guys in each of the final 6 or so battles

13. Derprozess

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    #313 Derprozess, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    I'm not far from beating the game as I finally finished the online campaign but I'm yet to find a way to defeat Beritus. The bad part is that I cannot win anymore gems to improve my team but with Poison Eater, Change Places and a couple of monsters with Death Roulette and Death Revenge and a lot of luck, I think I will have my chance at some point.

14. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    There is one more fight after him which is even harder ;)
    But gratz to getting so far!

I didn't know this penguin is so overpowered??!

15. ravonrip

ravonrip Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Finally, got a legendary. Was rerolling the game, but then I said F this, I'm just gonna play and got Shadowkit.
    If anybody wants to add me as friend, here is my code: 75368937

16. Derprozess

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    The big ugly Atrahasis =) End of the line for me, my team have to be much more powerful than it is right now and there's no possibility of improving it

I had a "friend" with that Legendary penguin but I never used it and I have no idea how strong he is or what abilities he have, and now he isn't in my list of friends anymore

And thanks, I never thought I will survive so many battles in this game; this last one (at least I know now that this IS the final battle :D) it doesn't bother me at all, I will try my chances with this ugly dragon sometime in the far future :)

17. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    New online chapter is out!

18. Pixelgator

Pixelgator New Member

Nov 5, 2015
    Reroll end for two weeks, my luck turned around, and I got two legendary monsters now. But now it is still very hard. I don't see how it is possible without them, I have two and I'm kinda stuck.

19. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    There's a fake email going around asking for your Neo Monsters' save file for PvP beta access. Please watch out, we do not need your save file for PvP beta, this is fake.

20. Derprozess

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Well I gave it another try after the updates, but nothing changed - same impossible fights, same greedy pay-to-win crap. Game deleted.