Universal Neo Monsters (by NTT Resonant Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Eli, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Keep trying! (=
    I remember the champions league was very tough! The next 4 fights after that are easier due to obvious weakness/strength since they only use one type and the very last fight after that is once again very tough! Tougher than the champions league for sure.

Well I have no friends with Dreadghoul or Necrowing, but the sudden death from Rexobone is too random for my taste. At least for online missions since you will waste tickets for a lost fight. Seems great for offline play though! Like the not even epic rhino I use (=

I was lucky enough to draw a 2nd legendary at some point (Tiamat) which has auto poison, poison eater and poison touch as well. I simply can't lose any online battle anymore^^ with my Tiamat and a friends omegawyrm I one shot everything that comes my way ;)
    Granted, with 160 s time they won't do it too often but I usually kill 5-6 monster with these 2 in combination with other poison applying monsters.

In case anyone is scared for pvp already ;) Sleep is the hard counter to poison! Imagine an enemy poisons your team, then you use one on one or sleep bomb and everyone sleeps...except for all of your monsters which where poisoned and wake up ;)

2. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Excellent post my friend

3. PixTragic

PixTragic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I wish they would have just made a full premium, no IAP, at like $4.99. Access to all monsters, and maybe the option to buy a legendary or something if you really wanted. That would be a model I support.

4. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I agree. I would gladly pay $5 for the current content plus all monsters (and actually I would have no problem with a free "trial" of the first island and then a $10 unlock of all other current content and features - well worth it) and more for content expansions and comparable in the future ($1.99 per content release/new island/etc).

5. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    #285 CoreyFox, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Yep, I agree.. As it stands, they get .99 cents from me... Look at a game like Galactic Keep - they did things right..

6. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    The developer, who was really vocal in this forum early on, has been absent of late. I hope it's just because it's busy over there.

7. hunkyducky1

hunkyducky1 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    I agree. This would have given me much more incentive to continue playing the game. Got frustrated with the stingy amount of gems, the excessive price of the IAP and the very average monsters i rolled when I managed to save up enough gems. And many other things that put me off the game.

8. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Just to check, is my "Necrowing" one of the top tier legendary?

So far, I am in the champion league island doing the tryouts without much difficulty but I am playing slowly so as to enjoy the game more. Hopefully I complete the game in another few days and after that I can focus on lvling my online levels.

9. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    Hi guys, we are a bit busy developing the new online chapter, special events, and pvp. While I understand the criticisms, I just want to say that we are just getting started. One of our main complaints from our last game was lack of content after beating the game, which is why we added a huge online section. We will fix what we can, but just like our last game, we will have special events with prizes. Some of the prizes are legendary monsters. It won't be easy to get them, but we have designed it so that everyone can eventually get them.

10. ZigZaGame

ZigZaGame Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Earth
    also, we have tried the full Premium model in the past, but its very tough to sell an expensive app, not to mention many players expect free updates. I realize some people here don't mind paying for more content, and as a developer, I sincerely appreciate your understanding and values, but the majority will explode if we did an update and charged people. we are trying to find a balance where we can have enough income to support a game like this. we want to have weekend pvp tournaments, interesting events, and keep adding content.

11. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    For the special event with prizes, please inform us a few days in advance, timing with the timezone and such. So that we can set the time right. I remeber the HUnter island event is very competitive, only the fastest few get the rewards :) it's fun.

12. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Is there the possibility of speeding up battles, or saving in the middle of battles. With such a large lineup, battles can drag on and I need to be able to close he app in between battles without losing progress.

13. Sertorius

Sertorius Member

Oct 5, 2013
    Can someone explain how they beat Missions Chapter 2, Holy Ruins, final battle. That seems unwinnable to me. I've tried it about 50 different ways, with a stupid amount of training interspersed. There is no way to prevent the Time Strike from killing something first round except Protect, and then (of course) they have a Protector Killer to get around that. It is also impossible to avoid the Poison Eater combo. Very frustrating. If I could spend 10 gems to skip it, I would.

14. PixTragic

PixTragic Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    So, been re rolling for 8 or 9 days now, and still. I legendary. Think this is pretty bad just let me buy one. It's really unfortunate that this game, which could be good, is so hardcore f2p. I don't know whether to keep re rolling do another week or what

15. Talaen

Talaen Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    I don't recall exactly which monsters were in that battle, but my strategy and lineup has been consistent for a while now including that level.

My starting lineup includes monsters with poison touch, poison eater, and accelerate. When dealing with a lineup with time strike I will intentionally poison many enemies in the first round (which is only a 50 delay, 40 once accelerated). The next round I pick off the enemies one by one, although I generally keep lower rarity monsters on the board for a while to throttle how many higher rarity monsters I face at once.

Ideally you want some epic monsters with poison ester to do more damage, but depending on which enemy and their rarity, even my 2 star with poison eater can take down a poisoned enemy in one hit.

None of my monsters have auto-anything, but I do like to bring in an ally Omegawyrm for his auto-poison and slot him in after my starting 4 to continue poisoning and doing critical damage against poisoned enemies.

This may not be the best strategy for your monsters, but thought I would share it. Good luck!

16. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Keep it up guys you do a great job. It's hilarious that people ask for full blown content for 10$. A game like this would be 40$ on the ds with no updates or expansive library of monsters. / no PVP / weekly events extra.

Granted it might be a little pricey to get legendaries or compete in events.

I highly agree on a meter wheel which fills up everytime you make a purchase to get a legendary. Heck let us even buy one.

Your pay model seems to be holding up well and isn't in your face.

But... As of now legendaries are the most sought after and what's devastating is no matter how much time or money you throw at the game. You will NEVER get one unless your lucky and hit a low numeric algorithm with IAP. Which in my book is kinda sad. Considering these games are based off catching the elite.

17. Sertorius

Sertorius Member

Oct 5, 2013
    WELP... I looked for and found an Omegawyrm friend, slotted him in 5th, and won the battle on the first try. So thanks for that! Good to know that the legendary monsters "don't really affect the gameplay at all" as someone said above :-| I've pulled the egg 6 times now and have six shiny 3-stars.

18. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    The second fight from the last four is insane! I have not close to zero but zero chances to hold the fight enough to stand a chance - I even don't know what is her complete team. I think I need a break, maybe I will have a chance to win another legendary in PvP. Another 4 eggs gave me only epics (2 of them already being in my team) so the best I can do is to wait, since as my team of monsters is right now I can only win in multiplayer campaign.

19. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Then you should be really scared of the final fight after the last four since its way harder^^
    These grand four enemies use only one element so you should use monsters which are strong against it, letting you take less and deal more dmg!
    (You probably knew that already haha but it was the only tip if remember for these fights)

And to the strength of legendaries:
    Omegawyrm is the strongest one I have seen so far and he really does have quite an impact on fights. But don't forget that he also costs more than a simple epic. That is just no drawback when getting him from a friend online.

20. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    #300 Derprozess, Oct 30, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
    Yes, I tried that with no much of a success, I think she have 5 or 6 Legendary who deal massive damage to all my monsters, killing them with a strike - I will take my chances with her lately when my team will be stronger (sure it is possible to defeat her now but I don't want to see my frustration growing high as I hate to lose same fight over and over again)

Right now I try to ultra-evolve all I can and of course I want to start with Omegawyrm - he is almost ready for Ultra-Evolution (it have 4930 maximum attack and only 3300 life..). The problem is the special "ingredients" - I need 30 tickets to take my chances in The Pyramids so I have to wait few good hours until they will be refilled.

And thanks for all the tips you gave me so far, they helped a lot in my way to the final fights