Universal Need for Speed: No Limits by EA

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Singer, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Why wouldn't it?
    Ipad 4 is still an excellent device and firemonkeys new engine is very efficient.

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #62 Rip73, Dec 7, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    Never mind. Miss/double post.

3. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    Great

4. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Now if it can run smoothly on my iPad2, that will be terrific :V

5. Danz060391

Danz060391 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Piano teacher
    New Zealand
    I'm not too worried about my iPad air 2, I wonder if any game could push it to its limits with metal now available.

6. Dan't Ponic [ModProof]

Dan't Ponic [ModProof] Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    I expect the same requirements as Asphalt 8.
    As Rip said, Firemonkeys is shrewd! :D

Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation) and iPod touch (5th generation). This app is optimised for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.

7. Dan't Ponic [ModProof]

Feb 11, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    BY THE WAY

As everybody can see...
    The City-Track design/conception is absolutely more realistic than in Asphalt 8.

;)

Attached Files:

8. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    Yeah I agree I'm playing a game for fun not to simulate an economy. If that was the case I might as well race with a real car. That's a poor excuse for FTP.

9. C3FFF0E

C3FFF0E Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2014
    Moderator in Vainglory Forum
    Philippines
    Yep, I really think that this game will be a FTP. IAP everywhere just incase you need to buy a new car or use them to fix some parts of your car.

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #71 Rip73, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
    I really do wish people would at least attempt to ascertain the context of a post or the post it was replying to at least once in a while.
    Ivalerios weak attempt at superiority was bad enough that I couldn't be bothered replying but I was talking about a game that pertains to be a real life simulation after all but of course that was ignored so that the usual anti F2P rhetoric could once again be rolled out and all level of context where I criticised the actual price of the iap, which is still the main problem in some F2P, was simply ignored.
    The mechanics of a game are not the problem (as widely demonstrated everywhere, except TA posters, by daily player numbers and download numbers and repeat players that never spend a dime) the price of iap is the problem.
    Targeting the 2% of whales is the problem.
    Targeting a 20% of iap uptake would solve a lot of the "complaints" around this place as it would lead to a more balanced economy where people would get a return on an investment in iap in a game and a developer would also get a more consistent return on their own investment.
    But no, of course the main point that we are trying to push developers towards in order to balance things out is simply ignored so ye can focus on ye're own narrow viewpoint of F2P and continue down the rhetorical anti F2P rants that contribute nothing to solving the problem for players and developers.

And yes, of course this game will be free to play but rather than constantly criticise the usual F2P and associated rhetoric, maybe make suggestions as to what forms of IAP people would be willing to invest in and what constitutes a reasonable price for that iap.
    And forget about premium, premium is niche now and not gonna happen for games that want to compete at the top download and revenue numbers.
    So maybe contribute suggestions as to where F2P can be improved rather than rhetorical rants about it.
    A coupe of influential people might actually be reading and pay attention.

Oh and by the way, timers don't even generate that much revenue, there just a motivational tool to try and get people to at least spend something so that devs can get a return on the thing they've spent time and money developing.
    People seem to forget very quickly that it's really only 2% of players that actually pay anything in freemium.
    Does that seem reasonable if you were a maker of anything? That only 2% of you're customers actually pay you?
    Don't you think for a single minute that maybe they'd like to see that change?

Do you really think for a minute that anybody likes putting timers in their game (unless they are going for a real world simulation element)?
    They don't, but because people simply won't pay and want everything for free, they have little choice but to introduce motivational elements that might lead to some revenue generation.
    That's not their fault, that's the fault of those that just won't pay. And plenty of people contribute nothing to F2P games and gets hours and hours of entertainment.

11. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #72 Rip73, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014

12. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    Listen if I want real car I am just gonna buy one, there is no excuses for bad practices.
    And ea better not make this one freemium with Internet connection because I will just forget that this game ever happen just like real racing 3

13. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    All very good points.

14. MarkyR74

MarkyR74 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    #75 MarkyR74, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    Pretty much stopped reading after you proclaimed Need For Speed as a real life simulation :rolleyes:
    It is an arcade game, it will NEVER be aimed as a real life simulation. And also your argument for the F2P model is utterly flawed, because this is EA, and Firemonkey's, the two companies regularly linked to ruining a great racing series, (Real Racing), because of sheer greed around a fixed and unbalanced F2P model designed to force you to grind and grind and grind and grind or spend a LOT of real money.
    Oh, and as for games that want to compete at the top HAVE to use a F2P model, really? So what do you make of the Modern Combat series, Gran Theft Auto, Minecraft Pocket Edition?

And Need For Speed Most Wanted is a premium game with 'optional' in app purchases. This should be the model they follow, NOT the Real Racing 3 model. But we will see soon enough which way they go.

Anyway, will be interesting to see how this game shapes up, the last NFS game ended up being meh IMO, this one could be good fun and better than the Asphalt series, depending on the payment model they use. The graphics so far I think look better than Asphalt.

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #76 Rip73, Dec 11, 2014
    You pretty much didn't read the very first sentence of the post either.
    I wasn't talking about NFS. I'm perfectly aware it's arcade.
    I was replying to a post that was replying to a post which was replying to another post about a different game in the racing genre. It should be pretty easy to figure out what game pertains to be a "simulation".
    Context. :rolleyes:
    Sometimes it helps to read back a bit and what the original subject is rather than jumping in blindly without that context.

GTA and Minecraft are ports and anomalies to the developed solely for mobile category. Nothing has equaled the success of Minecraft or even GTA 3 (which is still miles behind Minecraft) in the premium marketplace.
    And both combined woukd still be miles behind a top performing freemium game.
    As for MC, you might actually want to check its download numbers and chart positions before putting it in the same category as those two.

And ultimately, you completely missed the point anyway.
    Rather than complaining about freemium all the time, perhaps people should accept freemium is here to stay, because it is here to stay, and instead offer suggestions that would allow developers to move away from the 2% of whales generating all the revenue a games makes into an area where they can generate revenue from 20% of installers.
    It might lead to less expensive paywalls, less timers or whatever else and lead to a more balanced ecosystem where iap offers value for money for a player and a return for the developer.
    Premium is not the solution because in the vast majority of cases, it will lead to a loss of revenue for developers. The market results support that conclusion in a much higher percentage of cases than the odd premium success that people throw up that are always the same games mentioned.

It's genuinely amazing that when people have an opportunity to make suggestions on what they are actually willing to pay for in a F2P game, they won't even take that opportunity and will just continue to simply repeat the same rhetorical stance and the exact same points that simply won't work in the current marketplace (unless one owns a hugely famous IP).
    So forget about, don't reply any further. This was a wasted opportunity that I'm not going to further invest time or effort in.

16. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    You know what ea need to learn from game loft, and wb because trust me there free to play need better mechanic. If by any mistake this game is f2p I am gonna try it, but might delet it if it require Internet connection, and have long timers. Because you know what?
    In the App Store there are a lot of racer that could rival need for speed mobile.

17. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #78 oscar123967, Dec 11, 2014
    EA no bueno in the mobile scene. Still irritated at what they did to peggle :( it was such a perfect fit for mobile the way it was. I feel like they don't let their devs do their thang anymore without having price tags in the back of their heads at all times.

But yeah F2P can be done right. But I feel that RR3 has been an experiment because they have made some pretty odd decisions. It is a very greedy F2P game. Especially if you've been riding on it since launch.

Hopefully this game doesnt get hammered too hard. Either way, I know that I'll play it and enjoy the gameplay though...

That being said, F2P still sucks. I don't enjoy it nearly as much as premium games, (I am very thankful for those who still release premium games and note that it is 100% possible to become successful — MikaMobile, Sirvo, ustwo, Kumobius, Ironhide, etc) but I still enjoy them because a lot of them are very well polished and fun for the couple of minutes you can play. Its a love and hate relationship I guess. I spend half of the game playing and the other half attempting to "cheat" the game to play as much as I can without spending a dime. It's personally sad.

And heck, it wouldn't kill EA at all to release a premium game with unnecessary iAP's here and there.

I dont theenk he wus talkin abuot u

All ranting aside, I hope they add corners in this NFS. It was something missing in most wanted. And a little bit more variety in the city this time around.

18. Dan't Ponic [ModProof]

Feb 11, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    That's it!

19. Dan't Ponic [ModProof]

Feb 11, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    This week...
    Probably, the first teaser of the game will appear!

I'm just worried with so many "sponsors", decals and stuffs like that...
    Monster energy, Hoonigan, Castrol, etc...

In my opinion,
    It simply fuc#* the car appearance!
    And the game become a shopping with those products...
    But at the end, the game will be COOL!

Anyway...
    You can't demand too much when the game is Free!

;)

Attached Files: