Universal Need for Speed: No Limits by EA

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Singer, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGrimCreeper

TheGrimCreeper Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    I would want them to port Pro Street, Hot Pursuit 2 or Underground 2. Those are my favorite! I also want them to finish The Run, and stop being lazy!!

2. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    What the point I won't be wait for this game this ea come on ea think about money not fun games what the point :mad:

3. Jamesrooney27

Jamesrooney27 Well-Known Member

May 13, 2014
    Male
    Uk
    I give up with ea :(

4. PureRumble

PureRumble Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2012
    You fooled me twice with your post. I was staring at the empty space of your post, waiting for some nice video trailer to load up. :) Then I saw what you wrote in the end. :D

5. Hope this isn't some type of endless runner.

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
  7. valdeto

valdeto Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    #27 valdeto, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    It looks similar to the Most Wanted mobile game.

9. valdeto

Mar 3, 2012
    #29 valdeto, Nov 20, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
    They update the site with trailer! It looks like MW but Ken drive the car left/right with touching the screen. Hope to see a tilt control.

10. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Thank everything that is sacred!!!

We have control of the vehicles not just swiping to switch lanes.

Finally another true arcade racer.

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    After looking more closely, it does look like an endless runner with the lanes system.

12. Dan't Ponic [ModProof]

Dan't Ponic [ModProof] Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Seems DAMMMMN COOL! WOW...

:)

Attached Files:

13. I sort of guessed that after seeing the game being called 'No Limits'. That's a bit of a big hint

14. JMarceLF

JMarceLF Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    I wouldn't mind if it were an endless racer with no lanes and freedom to actually steer and possibly endless generated locales.

15. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Endless generated locales? Sounds a bit... out there :|

Sure hope this is as good as Most Wanted.

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I hope im wrong, but after seeing the promo vid i think this is a car runner more than anything.

17. valdeto

Mar 3, 2012
    In this case I hope to see F&F 7 by Kabam to be a racing game with tilt conrol such as MW, Asphalt etc.

18. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #38 Rip73, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    I don't know where people are getting endless runner from the trailer.
    There's a cut scene where the car drives down an alley behind another that could be perceived as endless runner but that's only a cut scene, it's not gameplay.

The gameplay section shows a car drifting around bends, going around bends, overtaking traffic and cars, getting drift scores, has a racing/lap clock/timer, has a placing/position in race counter, is obviously being steered around bends with tap controls and most tellingly of all has no sign of a distance counter.
    There is a percentage counter but I don't know what it related to exactly, looks to be a drift extremity counter, but all of the elements above sound like what a racing game would have rather than an endless runner.
    Perhaps they've made some kind of hybrid but to me it just looks like a tap control method on a proper racing game.

They have said that they plan on "redefining street racing on mobile" with it but note they are calling it "street racing" which carries the implication that it is racer not a runner.
    Along with that, the games executive producer has said
    "We've built No Limits from the ground up to deliver the insanely-fast driving and incredible graphics that fans have come to expect from Need for Speed – all in the palm of your hand"
    which to me implies a racer, not a runner.

Note also that the release date is referred to as 2015.
    The "soon" would imply January or early February but January sometime looking more likely. (though there is some contradictory indicators that don't make January seem quite so solid but early 2015 a lock in)

Forgot to mention earlier but its a brand new engine designed specifically for mobile having its first run out with this game so expect cutting edge visuals and controls. No surprise there really as last one looks fantastic but this one will look even better again.

19. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Endless or not, open-world or just classic arcade racer the only thing could ruin this game for me is energy/fuel/repair timers... I hope they go with a model like A8 (a ftp model that at least let you play as long as you want) than the RR3 repair/timers. On the other side after the huge success of RR3 i am a little bit pessimist for this title. NFS MW has never left my iPad... With the ups and the downs is still one of the best arcade racers for iOS, that was made with all the right ingredients... Awesome graphics, very good arcade physics, nice tracks and of course, with ''walls'' around the track only and not into your pocket...
    Crossfingers for the surprise but after a very good start on iOS universe i never played an EA game on their FTP era.

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #40 Rip73, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    The repairs/timers/service was never the problem with RR3.
    In fact it plays in perfectly with a "real" element and the game mechanics and design.
    The real problem was the price of iap primarily along with people expecting it all for nothing.
    If there was an actual value for money proposition in the iap in RR3, it would have been perfectly fine because many people are happy to pay for a good product.
    The problem was/is they massively over priced the iap.
    Too many people react to a perfectly legitimate game mechanic (if it follows the basic principles of the game design) and miss the overpriced iap.
    If it were priced reasonably and targeted more than the whale 2%, say the standard 20%, people would be much happier with the value for money proposition.
    The problem is people just focus on the iap and "oh, no, it's not actually free, how dare they charge for that" (or anything at all in a free to download game that can essentially be 80% or so finished without spending a penny). How dare they.
    Or "how dare they make those of us that will never pay a fair price, or any price, wait", the cheek of them.
    If people were actually willing to pay a fair price (not 99c, 2.99, 4.99 or any other number that pretends to be "premium ") for quality products, we'd have much less of a problem.
    It leaves only the whales left to generate income which leads to timers and massively over priced iap.