Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Look, I don't know what to tell ya beyond what I already said.
    Not all soft launches are created equal.
    Complaints are not necessarily a catalyst for change especially when it's about it not having English when nothing could be more obvious that it will have English at release.
    Structured feedback about the game, race types and environments, even the physics and monetisation are a more effective use of the opportunity that soft launches of this type give.
    Even the markets in which a soft launch occurs can give very strong indicators as to what is being tested and what is not.

It's a shame that so many on here waste the opportunity that a soft launch of this nature gives by just filling it with complaints about EA/F2P/Firemonkeys/RR3 or whatever else is the flavour of the month to complain about.
    I can only reiterate that the incomplete nature of the game should be plainly obvious and that this should be more considered an alpha/beta test than antyping else.
    It provides an opportunity, people would be best to take that opportunity and offer something other than random complaints (which get filtered out very quickly).

Other games such as Vainglory, Midnight Star, Hitman Sniper (once it releases) and Seabeard, to offer some examples, went through pretty substantial soft launch phases and they were all the better for it one they released and they all continued (or will) to be improved post release.
    This one would be somewhat similar.

It would be a shame to waste that opportunity just complaining that it doesn't have English support.
    People spoke about the lack of cop chases in this when it first hit and what do you know, here we have an update with cops.
    People spoke about the lack of vehicles also and here we have the same update with more vehicles.
    Expect there to be plenty of changes so at least attempt to make the "feedback" constructive.

2. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I personally was not disappointed in the content (its obvious that they'll be adding more, its a soft launch as Rip said), but rather the route they took. The route that the game is clearly being built on.

3. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    its EA people what did you expect them to do ... Be all nice and make it premium or limit the IAP lol yea ok ..
    That wont happen ever!
    Just like The sims series Sims 3 ambitions and world adventures and sims 3 and medival all were paid and good then boom this junk Sims Freeplay comes in with IAP and online lock, plus timers oh joy! I see the same path coming for need for speed lol unless it already has begun ..

All the need for speeds were paid then boom a free one IAP.. timers and wifi locked what do you expect from EA they cant do mobile they act like there broke and push this freemium IAP wifi timer garbage at us ...

They should just go back to doing what they do best PC games ... cause mobile freemium crap is sad .. especially when I saw sims all i believe but one get yanked from the store and discarded like trash why... because EA wants money and IAP games will do it ..and if only one sims or one need for speed remain thats F2P people will go to them sadly this day and age some devs are greedy and pathetic EA being one of them ..
    the same thing could happen with this NFS all will be take down leaving the free one only ...

4. chicago1271

chicago1271 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2014
    For any android users out there, Need for speed No Limits has just soft launch in the Google play store. Only in Netherlands and Taiwan store. Game should be out very soon.

5. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

They have added a lot of new features, some new cars, new modes, more energy, more customization, and is now in ENGLISH everyone.

6. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Maybe getting closer to global release?

7. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    So how can I download the English version now?...

8. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I lost interest due to the way it was on the initial soft launch. I'm interested in the changes now!

9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I am currently downloading this from the Australian store. I'm guessing it's out worldwide

10. Anonomation

Nope, that's one of the secondary soft launch countries.

11. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Only as of today, I've been searching on and off, and today is the first time it has appeared..

12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Hmm. I have a real bad feeling about the freemiumness of this. $, gold and fuel.. Can't race for 17 mins while I wait for fuel refill.. This may not stay on the device for long #

13. Anonomation

Depends on how you play. I've had an hour long session going after frequently leveling up plus winning races. 17 is still a pretty decent time and you have to realize we may not get anything better. Maybe if there was a way to buy infinite energy?

Besides, it's not likely EA would ruin the good name of NFS like they did Real Racing. That would piss off a lot of people.

14. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    This is sarcasm, right?

15. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I hope so. #

16. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    #177 Kenan2000, Aug 26, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Interesting...thank God I'm not a fan of racing games but free2play NFS...dayum!

I don't think that EA's brutal model will bring them anywhere,even asphalt from Gameloft did better,Gameloft is awful and I shall never forgive them for what they have done to order & chaos online but they can make good games - Modern combat 5,Nova 3,recent Asphalt,but that's it,dungeon hunter 5 totally sucks (nothing compared to marvel future fight).

But EA is even worse,I honestly doubt that this game will bring any revenue to them if we can only play for 17 minutes and wait for an hour for recharge,now that's straight brutal.
    Probably about 1% of ios gamers slowly realizes that brutal free2play models suck,I kinda hope that this tiny percent will move to premium or to honest developers at least.

17. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I can't believe how quick the races are. You burn through your "fuel" pretty quick.

18. Anonomation

45 to 55 seconds at the most. That's the mist dissapoinring thing. It's made to be quick and mobile but it requires Internet which pretty much contradicts that.

19. Krieger22

Krieger22 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Male
    Malaysia
    #180 Krieger22, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    I've gotten times as low as 25 seconds in some events. Granted, that's with a highly leveled GT-R from before the update, but it still highlights how absurd things can get.

Graphics, interface, world variety, crate drops and car details asides, it's hard to see how this update has made the game better. Fuel consumption per race has actually increased (3 fuel out of 10 vs 1 out of 5 before) once you get past the first 2 stages, and it takes longer to refill as well (1 hour to refill from empty before vs 1 hour 30 minutes for the same now).

Performance parts now cost money to install as well as upgrade, although they at least got rid of the rust-colored parts of the previous update. Those... well, getting enough of those from crates would make you want to close the game, clean it from RAM and not touch it for the rest of the day at least.

For some reason, they decided to dramatically increase the amount of blueprints needed to build and stage up cars. You had 2 out of 5 blueprints needed to build the R32 Skyline GT-R? Well, now you need 13 more. Yes, you can now manually buy some, but it either costs gold or six-figure in-game cash price tags. No, they did not scale the amount of blueprints I had to what's needed now.

At least they didn't wipe everyone's progress again. That would have resulted in more people ragequitting.

EDIT: And unless you count the new customisation parts for the new cars (which take 30-40 blueprints to build) as "more customisation", the amount of customisation hasn' changed.