Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    #141 madreviewer, Jan 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
    I don't care if it's working fine for them.
    I am just gonna financially support their rivals.
    And of course it's gonna be fine for them ripping off money from mindless kids.
    However The smallest fights can start a war, you never know.
    I am still gonna be on strike if the final version is not changed.
    And I am not going to miss there game.
    I God asphalt 8 ( no internet required)
    Repulse
    Battle riders
    And more upcoming games.
    And I am sure I am not the only one.
    1000000-1 will always be 999999
    I am coming back to this page after an update.

2. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    That's pretty arrogant to say "mindless kids" because others enjoy games that you don't. Based on their profits over the past few quarters, to say the least, I doubt they are losing sleep over the rising profits, etc.

3. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

You've pretty much summed up my feelings whenver I see people complain about IAP in a game when the real problem is that the game itself isn't that good.

And regarding the whole thing about EA making freemium games to make more money:
    Yes, of course EA will do whatever makes them the most money.
    But rather than just accepting that, shouldn't we let our voices be heard and ask developers (like EA) to make good games, rather than ones that make them money? It's the same principle: Do whatever is best for you. Sitting there and watching everything turn into a free to play shitfest isn't exactly going to help us people who want quality mobile games/quality games on mobile achieve our goals.

4. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I see your opinion on this. I've tried contacting EA and many others in the comment sections on their facebook page about how much we DISLIKE in a game and they say "We'll consider your feedback" or something similar to that which is a blatant, "We don't really care, it's bringing in money sooooo...."

But otherwise I agree with all the points you made, it's a bit too late now to complain about IAP BS but in this case the game is Pokemon Racing without the fun part.

5. Krieger22

Krieger22 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Male
    Malaysia
    From BBC Capital's Best CEOs of 2014 feature: http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20150114-the-best-ceos-of-2014

So, people expect microtransactions in their games now. Why on earth people tolerate USD99.99 microtransactions is probably an even better question.

As to the game itself, it seems OK gameplay-wise, but the always-online bit doesn't impress me. FM's other games don't go this way, and I'm pretty sure EA learned that people don't think highly of this with Command & Conquer 4. Or what I suspect is true and EA Mobile gives no tosses about the noises coming from HQ, save for profit/loss reports.

Well, I'll stick with my earlier PC incarnations if the absolute worst happens. Maybe someone can try ripping the bodykits and modding them into Shift 2... they've done so with entire cars from Real Racing 3.

6. Anonomation

I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but the name of the game engine is rather peculiar...

Attached Files:

7. chicago1271

chicago1271 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2014
    #147 chicago1271, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    Where are the updates to the game. It should be out soon. Utill no improve have been made. Disappointing EA.I was looking forward to the game but now not so much.

8. Anonomation

Lol I'm still wondering why they are using the "ISIS" engine. All their facebook updates have been about songs in the game. It doesn't even have Wnglish support yet and HAS NOT been updated since soft-launch.

9. chicago1271

Mar 15, 2014
    #149 chicago1271, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    New update alert. Police added in the game. Also ramps added for more air time. New cars in the game.

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow wish this was in US.

11. Anonomation

Doesn't make since to have the game name and app info in English but not have English. THE DEVELOPERS ARE ENGLISH. It's so stupid.

12. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    Game Impressions

:mad: i wouldnt want these crap free to play shit on my App Store purchase history :eek::eek:

13. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #153 Rip73, Feb 17, 2015
    It's a soft launch. You might need to familiarise yourself with what that term means.

It is soft launched in two countries in which English is not the primary language. Or at least not the primary one of the locals. Why exactly would they need English for that.
    Clearly they are using it to restrict release and exposure until it is finished.

And it is clearly not a final product by any stretch of the imagination. Not even close.
    Considering they JUST added police, I would of thought it very clear that it is not complete.
    No English support alone makes it very clear that it is still a semi development build.

Why complain about stuff that is clearly STILL IN DEVELOPMENT. I would barely even call it a beta build.
    Some people obviously would prefer buggy incomplete games to be released all the time with zero large scale testing.

Did anybody ever consider that they don't want a repeat of a recent game (Dungeon Keeper) where the pay model was too harsh and that they may in fact be tuning certain element to be a bit fairer? Anybody think that they might have just learned at least a little bit from that previous game and want to test on a smaller scale.
    Or of any of the other number of fixes, bugs and additions that they might want to test and iron out and that a narrow release soft launch allows for that.

It's not even being tested in the markets that would be used to test monetisation models as much so it clearly is an actual test of the game itself and its actual game mechanics and server communications along with determining what actual type of content to add to the final release.

In summary, it's a SOFT LAUNCH. It is NOT A FINAL BUILD.
    It is far better that it goes through a soft launch than be released as buggy, incomplete and unbalanced.
    It seems some would prefer that latter option but the vast majority would prefer it be finished and balanced properly.

Well, you're very lucky then Henry because nobody is forcing you to download it.
    It is completely your own choice as to whether it's in your purchase history or not.
    You could even just walk away and ignore both it and it's thread completely and nobody would be the wiser.

14. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #154 oscar123967, Feb 17, 2015
    Wish they had went the RR3 direction :(
    Was really bummed out when I played it. Still am bummed out.

15. Dekon

Dekon Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Belgium
    The stupid thing is you thinking that everybody must automatically put a game in English because you want it to be so.Typically American!:rolleyes:

16. chicago1271

Mar 15, 2014
    The game is better but needs a lot more work.

17. Anonomation

#157 Anonomation, Feb 17, 2015
    Umm I don't know what you are talking about, but the only reason I complained was because certain features were available in English yet others were not. Why are you pulling the "typically American" card when there are many other English countries/people who prefer English. That's actually pretty offensive but I'll avoid it since it's irrelevant to the topic at hand. Heck this forum is English. It makes no sense to develop a game in the language but not to have the language in the game. For example, some features in the menu and the songs in game are English.

I've played the game myself. The police show up every other race, and it's only one or two of them. They try to push you a little bit and are stronger than the ones at the beginning. The races are only one minute so you can guess how much that really changes things.

18. Anonomation

#158 Anonomation, Feb 17, 2015
    I know what is means for a game to be in soft launch, but in its current state it doesn't look like it'll change TOO MUCH. I've played it and the new things they added kind of hinder some earlier things you can do. I've been playing three main soft launches lately and only two of them really changed for the better.

It's not that I'm disappointed with the soft launch, it's more of that I'm disappointed with EA and the Fire Monkeys team. It's all about the money now

But aren't complaints the way to change something?

19. YoloChase

YoloChase Member

Nov 14, 2014
    It's always about money. EA is not running a charity and a game like this takes a lot of money to develop. It's very difficult to part mobile gamers with their money so they have to go to build a lot of this monetization nonsense into the games. Mobile gamers are happy to spend $5 at Starbucks for something that will give them 5 minutes of pleasure but will freak out like crazy if EA asks them to spend some money in a game that will give them hours of pleasure.

20. Anonomation

True, maybe I'm just not ready for change yet. :)

I grew up playing the old PS2 Need for Speed games, it seems like there was a better sense of quality and worth back then.