Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Makes sense to release it in smaller non-English regions as the entire purpose of a soft launch is to tune and balance your game, not give free to play haters endless ammo to just ruthlessly flame your game before it's finished. *shrug*

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

True, the game isn't so bad. Looks like EA still had some sense to not do to it like they did RR3. After successfully using all my energy, I usually spend enough time in the garage to let it fill up a little back again.

But if EA doesn't want the F2P haters to flame them so much then why do they do what they do. The company is really wealthy now.

3. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Stockholders. That's all that matters. Never ending saga of making more money than you had the day before.

4. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    It's a good racing game for people new to racing games.
    People where looking forward to a street racing games, with police chase, and a lot of customization.
    But they got a casual racer. That why people are giving the game bad rating.
    Ea is trying to cash in on the NEED FOR SPEED franchise with casual racer.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Well I mean obviously they don't care enough to not release free to play games, but when you're soft launching something it's a matter of which regions you check on the iTunes Connect page. It's not like they needed to hire a new team of guys to do this, they checked "Taiwan" and "Netherlands" instead of "Canada."

6. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Why should EA care what free to play haters think? "Wait a second... you mean the incredibly tiny minority of people who refuse to play free apps aren't going to play our free casual arcade racer either? WE'RE DOOMED!"

A lot of this thread is like a gun nut walking into Whole Foods and complaining that they don't sell pistols. What did you expect?

7. Anonomation

#127 Anonomation, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    Or rather the last survivors of the mind-control aliens after they unleashed their freemuim laser on Earth are in constant war. But the aliens don't care as they are no threat. :)

Or even the tiny flies that bug the strong race horse ready to race and has no time for them :confused:

But hopefully this format doesn't hit other big name games, for now I'll play, but in the future I don't think I'll get excited for mobile NFS games anymore.

And I've seen something in Facebook that may lead to Open World.

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    i think maybe reinstall may resolved your problem, it doesnt supposed to be blurry on air 2 as it looked really sharp on mine.

yes i gotta agree with you that theyve generate the same layout over every levels and the gameplay is pretty blend sometimes, no controls over your brake/acceleration, only tap and drift and boost but to be honest i kinda enjoy this game, its quite simple pick up n play racing games(similar to csr racing) and i think thats what EA trying to achieve with this game. i used to be a hardcore nfs underground fans and i still enjoy playing this game. just my opinion.

9. Anonomation

You can use the cards from your old cars that have become obselete to upgrade new ones.

10. valdeto

valdeto Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    Need For Speed No Limits Car List:

Racer:
    BMW E36 M3
    BMW F82 M4
    Dodge Challanger
    Ford Fiesta ST
    Ford Mustang GT 5.0
    Mazda RX7 FD
    Nissan R32 GTR
    Nissan R35 GTR
    Porsche 911 (991) Carrera (no Carrera S and no complete)
    Porsche 911 (993) Carrera
    SRT Viper
    Subaru BRZ
    Toyota GT86
    VW Golf GTi mk.VII

Cop:
    Chevrolet Corvette Z06
    Dodge Charger SRT8
    Ford Crown Victoria
    Ford Explorer

Traffic:
    Dodge Charger
    Ford Crown Victoria
    Ford Explorer
    Ford F650 Box (WTF?)
    Nissan Leaf
    Nissan Quest (Duble WTF)

11. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    Hardcore players are the reason we got mature titles.
    No BS , freemium is encouraging hacking.
    And for me it's not worth it, defending freemium.( that's bs)
    That's why people who own console refuse to consider mobile games as normal games.
    At least infinity blade is coming to console.
    Why ea should care, well because they will loose Ther old fans after a bunch of crapy game or mistakes.
    Do you remember battlefield 4 , a great game with a bunch of bugs. Guest what happened?
    Cut it out, kid I am already on strike for that game. They would not get my money, and they would get a 2 stars rating on the App Store.
    1000000-1 will always be 999999

12. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    EA have released plenty of premium titles on the App Store, and have now switched to releasing lots of freemium titles. We can therefore assume one of two things:

- Freemium titles are making EA more money, that's why they keep on releasing them.

or...

- Premium titles made EA more money, but nobody who works there can count.

There's no point fighting this battle anymore. They know how to make money. If it's making a product that you don't want...so be it.

13. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    That pretty much sums it up. They are about making money.

14. Anonomation

Weren't they voted worst company in America?

15. Anonomation

I've gotten far enough in the game to delete it and play it at worldwide release for final judgement. Until then I'll keep quiet about this one...

16. madreviewer

Sep 22, 2013
    Well they won't get mine over that crap

17. BoneyCork

BoneyCork Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2011
    They also generated $3.8billion of revenue last year. Everybody loves to moan about EA, but they still manage to sell games. Even titles like Dragon Age Inquisition - aimed purely at hardcore gamers manage to sell more than a million copies in a week.

We all love to have a moan on the internet, but actions speak louder than words. The videogames industry is very competitive. If EA were truly shoveling nothing but crap, they'd be in financial trouble. The truth is, EA are very good at making things people like. Maybe not you, or me...but enough people to turn a $100million+ profit last year.

18. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I don't know who voted, but their profits are up, and their profit estimates have been raised for the next quarter.
    That's the risk they are willing to take, and it's working fine for them.

19. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    They money they make from freemium probably makes up for this loss many, many times over. They're a company, they don't actually care about us, and you can't really fault them for that.

I deleted the game but have still been pondering on it, trying to work out why I didn't like it and if there were anything that would make me want to go back to it. I think I've worked it out - and it's not even the iAP. The actual racing isn't fun at all. The only part of the game I got any enjoyment out of was the customisation, that brief moment of excitement at the end of a race where you got a chance at cool new upgrades for your car. The races were a chore than had to be endured for that short moment of 'fun' afterwards. Probably people that love upgrading and collecting will enjoy the game, but anyone after a racing game sure wont.

20. Anonomation

^THIS^

Sums up my experience with the game.