Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Most people were just expecting a good mobile racing game like A8, RR3 or MW I guess. Just, more of a core experience. :)

2. Dan't Ponic [ModProof]

Dan't Ponic [ModProof] Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    OK! Keep playing and be HAPPY! ;)

Lee
    I'm a big fan of your reviews but this game is unplayable!
    And I'm not talking about F2P, which is not desirable but acceptable.
    Besides...
    You'll find here people saying that even the trailer is a fraud!

Thanks! Man :)

The truth hurts!
    I'm mad because I'm human!
    I was expecting an iOS game and received a Java game.

:(

Attached Files:

3. chicago1271

chicago1271 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2014
    This is sick

Attached Files:

4. chicago1271

Mar 15, 2014
    This is from the back of the car.

Attached Files:

5. chicago1271

Mar 15, 2014
    This is the whole car.

Attached Files:

6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Toucharcade allows you to include multiple pictures in one post you know...

7. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    #107 spleen, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    I think it's down to the device you're playing on. Looks really good - better than NFSMW iOS - on the 6 Plus. Seems to be rendering at 1080p, upscaling to 1242 then back again to fit the dispaly. Tried to get some shots during the first race where there's more going on but it's so hard to hit both buttons at interesting moments, so here's some boring garage shots:

http://i.imgur.com/K49jjZi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/X7sDSRp.jpg

Rest of the game is pretty average though. Doesn't feel like racing at all, to parrot others races are too short, customisation is to random and it plays a bit like a endless runner, tap left and right to avoid obstacles...maybe it gets fun later on but eh, not worth trying to play through a language I don't understand. Might give it another shot at final release but hopes aren't high.

8. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    [QUOTE="Dan't Ponic [ModProof]
    I was expecting an iOS game and received a Java game.
    [/QUOTE]

im sorry my friend but i have to disagree with your opinion on this. :(

iPad Air 2 Gameplay:

ps. just like everyone here said, the experience is different on every device. load it up on a beast device like iphone 6/6plus/ ipad air 2 and youll noticed a huge difference over another device.

9. leocold

leocold Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2013
    3D Graphic Designer
    Vancouver
    i'm playing on an ipad air 2 and it looks like a blurry mess :(

10. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    You can change the controls to tilt, it does improve the entertainment value quite a bit. The tap to turn was kinda weird/endless runner-ish.

Yeah, it's pretty blurry on my iPhone 6. Something is up with the scaling. Same thing happened with Godfire when it first came out.

11. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Judging by videos like this one (I haven't played the game yet, I'll have to wait for them to release it on android to actually be able to play it myself) graphics really aren't the main issue here.

What I don't like is that the tracks have literally no distinguishing features, they're all pretty much the same layout wise and tracks in each environment seem to consist of different arrangements of the same blocks, which get old pretty quickly.

The other, probably even bigger issue though is that (one again, I can only judge this based on videos, so can anyone confirm this?) all you seem to do in this game is drift and boost, it's not about having to handle cars at high speed (and everything that comes with that challenge), it's not about driving. It's about performing the same two actions at the right (fairly obvious) times. Would the people who have actually played the game say that's at least close to accurate?

12. spleen

spleen Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Australia
    #112 spleen, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
    This is pretty much what I was getting at by comparing it to an endless runner. Perhaps changing the controls to tilt helps change up the feel a bit but it doesn't play like a racing game.

That said, a lot of the footage and what I have played so far is from early on in the game. Faster cars should make it a bit more exciting. I can certainly see how it will appeal to some people but I don't think it's my cup of tea.

13. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Here are some pics from my iPad Air 2... as well as a quick video.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Not from the app, the app is buggy.

15. Anonomation

I wish EA would remove the energy bull so I could grind more. But at least you can get somewhere in the game. In asphalt 8 I've only ever gotten up to season 6 without spending money. I'd gladly pay for infinite energy... Or shall I say...

NO LIMITS

16. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    That's looks IDENTICAL to how it runs on my iPad Air.

17. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    why there is no english version in game?

18. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    It's a soft launch in a country that English isn't the primary language.

19. Anonomation

I'm confused on how English people make a game that isn't English, even the credits and some words such as showroom are English.

Maybe EA just didn't want people bashing the game before is went worldwide so they could take over with the freemuim experience before anyone had say in it.

Or maybe the news wasn't supposed to get out so early, as someone spilled the beans in Facebook and Twitter and fake accounts ahoy.

20. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark

Ouch, does not sound too good. Aah well at least Eli wasn't hating it, so there is hope yet. Thanks for giving me a tiny bit of hope. :)

I have decided to wait for the final release, feels kind of exciting even though I admittely am a little less excited now, than I was before the soft launch. Well people hated on SimCity as well, and I enjoyed that (even though it is more Farmville than SimCity). So heres to hoping.

Anyways with Gunbrick and Space Marshalls out I am happy. :)