Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. MadBunny89

MadBunny89 New Member

Dec 26, 2015
    This tournament doesn't make any sense. Lots of players won't be able to finish it and win the Ferrari ( myself included). I managed to finish all the races with my Toyota. The Mazda RX-7 is also solid with 620PR and max stars. The problems will start as soon as i will use the last 2 cars. Upgrading parts cost a frotune ( about 50k for the Mustang and even more for the BMW ) and the short time make it even harder. I understand how these freemium games work, but this is exaggerated.

2. DeanKeith

DeanKeith Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    To add insult to injury, my assumption was, I needed to win the event to keep my credits, so I blew 75K credits on 15 crates, then when the event ended it still paid out the 800 credits I had left into $. So I could have had $75K if I had not bought crates. That would have gone pretty far on the RX-7. :/

3. FRANSOLO

FRANSOLO Member

Nov 30, 2015
    More crashing in this new RX-7 event... Did the first chapter no problem. Farmed for some parts using all 10 fuels, went back to the next chapter and three seconds in and the game closes.

4. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Last race of this week event need 638 PR.
    The same problem as last week event is need many in-game money to upgrade the car.

5. shodanng

Apr 2, 2009
    Last night I use 350 golds to skip the last race with PR 638 requirement.

It's not easy to save 350 golds.
    But upgrading the car to PR 638 is much harder.:eek:

6. shodanng

Apr 2, 2009
    A over 800MB big version update:

Reward many golds!!!

Largely increase the size of your box.

On the main interface, there is a link at lower right corner for you to see ad video to get gold!!!

New daily race with different sorts of parts.

7. benfica88

benfica88 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Is this still auto-accelerate?

8. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    OH no! It seems, that the timers for gas are not there anymore. You have to pay for every race with gold.
    Maybe this is only a bug. If not, I am out and feel cheated for all the real money I spent for the game.
    I wish, I had never updated.

9. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    OK, the timer is back. I bought gas for 30 Gold. After that, the timer is back and I hope it stays.

10. DeanKeith

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    My timer is gone now too... I think it's a bug because it still says "Next Fuel In:" and there is nothing after it. Grrr. I don't wanna spend gold just to find out if it will fix mine too. Exiting the app does not fix it.

11. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I had the problem a second time now. After spending 30 Gold gas and timer are back. I dont wanna do that again.

12. shodanng

Apr 2, 2009
    The game just update some data, now the bug fixed.

13. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Bugs,Bugs,Bugs.... . Now the game was downloading some data, after that it tells me, that there is no internetconnection, which is not true. So I cannot start the game at all.

14. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Still waiting.... . Yesterday the bug with the timers. Today its getting worse. Still cant even start the game.
    Internetconnection requierd, The connection is there, but the game refuses to start.

15. FRANSOLO

FRANSOLO Member

Nov 30, 2015
    The tournament only pays out trophies now which sucks because it takes a ton of cash to upgrade the mustang!

16. FRANSOLO

FRANSOLO Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Contacted support about 2 weeks ago about the crashing and lost event tickets, today I get this:

[​IMG]

5k gold and 500k currency :eek::D

17. DeanKeith

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    That almost makes me want to contact support. LOL I know I've had my share of crashes that cost me event tickets and gas.

Anyway, the reason I came here to post is to offer some more advice. This time, how to make the max ammount of money.

First of all, if you're still early in the game, you may find yourself with more money than you need. I did. I used it to buy crates, etc. Don't. If you keep playing, you'll eventually hit a point where materials cost so much to install that you'll run out of money, and end up with parts galore that you can't install because you're waiting to earn enough cash. I know this is by design since they want you convert your gold to cash, and your real money to gold. So it makes sense they do this.

So here is my advice on earning cash:

Drive slow. Yep, you read that correctly. You get no extra money for finishing faster, but you do get extra money for drifting longer and for running over turbo pads. But it's the amount of time on the turbo pad, and pretty sure the amount of time you drift, not the distance. So the slower you drive, the more time you spend on top of the turbo pads and drifting. So just go fast enough to finish and drift a lot and make sure to hit the turbo pads strait. Don't use your turbo unless you need it to finish. Doing this you can earn over $3K on many of the races. Also you're less likely to jump into an overpass. LOL

Race the hardest ones you can for what you need. The higher chapters have larger cash rewards when you don't get the material you want.

Every Sunday, do both Tuner Trials on the highest you can beat. If you have the Viper, you can get $150K.

Finally, if you've completed all blueprints on a car, the races that used to give you blueprints now give you full parts (not materials) and they can be sold for $3K minimum. So, for example, if you need Thrust Sleeves, get them from Chapter 1: First Scalp, and if you've already gotten every blueprint for the Subaru BRZ, you'll get either the material you want, money, or something you can sell for $3K.

Now if there was only a way to stop winning modshop credits. :p

18. shodanng

Apr 2, 2009
    For chinese new year event,
    mission 4-7 is not easy to win.

19. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Last day of the event and cant enter the game....
    It sucks...

20. ReinoutV

ReinoutV Active Member

Nov 23, 2013
    I finished the special event, and got the Jaguar. Lost 11 PR in the conversion, which is a shame. I should've upgraded all the parts to six stars (which was max for the event), so that I didn't have to spend 500K in cash to upgrade five of them afterwards. Of course I paid some gold for extra tickets before the last event. I had fun with this event, much better than the one where you had to bring your own cars!