Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Spin-Doctor

Spin-Doctor Member

Jun 22, 2015
    Happened last week to me (iPad). Solved itself but still frustrating.

2. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Yep, there's definitely an issue. Suddenly can't enter in both NFS and dungeon hunter 5 .

3. FRANSOLO

FRANSOLO Member

Nov 30, 2015
    There's a new iOS update, 9.2, might help.

4. sean91499

sean91499 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Didn't, GC still doesn't work, and basically endless loading on this and Fallout Shelter.

5. DeanKeith

DeanKeith Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    #585 DeanKeith, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
    Best Use Of Gold

So I was thinking, what is the most effective use of gold:

First thing is, how many ways can you spend gold:

1. Buying items from black market (price varies)
    2. Converting it to cash via Black market (I think 1 gold = $400)
    3. Refill gas tank (30)
    4. Flip cards (30 then 90)
    5. Regular Crate ($20K for 5 (which is worth 10 gold per crate using assumed conversion rate above))
    6. Premium Crate (90)
    7. Limited Time Crate (600 for 3 = 200 each)
    8. Refreshing the Store (60)
    9. Increase parts storage (30) (not relevant to this discussion, but something you most likely should do a few times)

Is there more?

So buying stuff in black market is the only guarantee to get what you want, but it's probably the highest rate per item.

The loading doc gives you the worst chance at getting what you want.

So in the middle is flipping cards and refilling your gas tank.

Here is what I have come up with as the "average" cost of the item you want (see below for explanation):

1. 30 gold for the item you want via refilling tank (not guaranteed).
    2. 60 gold for the item you want via flipping 2nd card (not guaranteed).
    3. 120 gold for the item you want via flipping 3rd card (guaranteed).
    4. ??? gold for the item from black market or tournament store (guaranteed).
    5. ??? gold for items from crates (not guaranteed). I think spending 90 for one item given the above is not a good use of gold, but it also might be the only way to get non-farmable items that are also not in the black market, so there is still a reason to do this. Also since you can't actively convert gold to cash, buying regular crates is a decent way to get rid of extra cash if there is nothing you need in the market. Limited Time crates for farmable items is very much not a good deal, but on the other hand, it's the only way to get some blueprints.
    6. 60 + ??? Rotating the store. This seems like a big waste, as it's a similar gamble to crates but you still have to buy the stuff you want. But I guess if you have lots of gold, this gives you 8 chances to see the item vs. 1.

So my conclusion is:
    The cheapest way to get what you want is refilling the gas tank, and you should only use the stores if the item is less than 120 gold ($48,000) or an item that is not farmable.

Also, you should never flip 2nd or 3rd cards unless your time is more valuable than your money (gold) because you can always get there farming longer.
    The exception is if both items left are the item you want, then flipping is the same as it would cost refilling assuming you are playing 3-fuel-unit races. If not, it's still cheaper to just refill your tank and keep farming.

Here is how I arrived at the above numbers:

10 gas units will get you 10, 5, or 3 races depending on fuel units per race.
    Each race gives you a 1 out of 3 chance of getting your item (I know sometimes your item is not there, and sometimes there multiple times, but I still think it averages out to about a 1 in 3).
    So statistically, even using the most expensive races, you should on average get the item you want once per tank.
    So that means 30 gold for an item you want. If you're using cheaper races it's even better.

Flipping cards. That's also 30 gold for the first flip, so that is only as good of a value to filling your take if both of the hidden items are your needed item. If only one is (the usual case), then statistically you need to do that twice to get what you want (and I mean flipping 2nd card twice via two different races, not flipping 3rd card), so that means flipping items with a 50% success rate means they are about 60 gold each.
    Flipping the final card of course always wins, but that is 90 gold, plus the 30 you just wasted on flip #2. So I'm calling this one 120 gold.

The irony of my findings is: I've never spent gold refilling my tank because I considered it just being wasteful. Now I realize flipping cards is more wasteful, and buying items that are farmable is usually wasteful (unless they are cheap).

6. Clintonempty

Clintonempty New Member

Dec 13, 2015
    #586 Clintonempty, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    After updating the game, I am getting crash randomly during the game particularly in Chapter 14. Some of the replay event bugs with 0PR opponents etc. Does anyone with the same or similar issues?

PS: Iphone 6s with latest version of IOS

Edit: I have tried to re-install the apps and the issue still happened.

7. DeanKeith

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    I am getting a few crashes too. 128GB iPhone 6s Plus. Not enough to stop playing, but it happens a couple of times a day. The bummer is, when it crashes in a race it's the same as losing it. :(

8. Clintonempty

Clintonempty New Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Yeah I know what you mean.
    I have been wasting lots of fuels and tickets because of the crash :(

9. Clintonempty

Clintonempty New Member

Dec 13, 2015
    [​IMG]
    And I am also getting this bug with no opponents.

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Dean great tips man I appreciate the time you took to write all that.

11. DeanKeith

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    Thanks! I actually kept thinking about this today, and realized I should have pointed out one more thing:

If you're REALLY conservative with gold, the ONLY thing you should spend it on is items in the store that are not farmable. Since time will fill your tank (and the other timers) you can pretty much get anything farmable eventually spending zero gold. Also, it takes even more time to wait for store items to change, and I am assuming eventually everything rotates through the store, so if that is true, buying crates is also not necessary, just a time saver (and a gamble).

I also will edit my original post to add another way to spend gold I failed to mention, and that's updating the store's contents. I also don't see that as recommended as that is a similar gamble to crates, but even if you "win" you still have to spend more gold.

12. FRANSOLO

FRANSOLO Member

Nov 30, 2015
    It's really unfair that mod points are forced on you when they provide no benefit. At least throw me some extra cash after a race for buying this sweet body kit…

13. FRANSOLO

FRANSOLO Member

Nov 30, 2015
    #593 FRANSOLO, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    Is anyone playing the Lambo event? My timer went from 0 up to 24 hours... Even got a NEW EVENT notification on my two devices.

14. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

there are no limits to the uselessness.

15. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    me too

16. DeanKeith

Dec 27, 2009
    San Antonio, TX
    #596 DeanKeith, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    Same. I came back to this thread specifically to ask this question. I watched the timer go down to zero, then tried to start the event and it appears they bumped it another 24 hours right at the last moment. I was hoping it wasn't a glitch on my device and I'd be cheated a day to work on it. But I guess the whole event was just shifted forward.

Now there is a Special Event and Tournament starting one hour apart which seems weird... usually they stagger them more.

17. ReinoutV

ReinoutV Active Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Me too, I even tried to restart my iPad, without success.

18. Bre0gaN

Bre0gaN New Member

Dec 21, 2015
    Hello.

I live in Spain, and I got the same problem.

I'm worried about that.

19. FRANSOLO

FRANSOLO Member

Nov 30, 2015
  20. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Lambo event started with 150 gold and 50 VIP points.

Snowing effect!!