Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Lord XIII

Lord XIII Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    #501 Lord XIII, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    Alright, I finished the event as well. The 7th race is a pain in the butt if you don't know how to be fast. I got almost 400k cash out of the event (I could have grinded for 10 more Batteries, but I wouldn't have been able to). Car ended on 736 PR post conversion. Finally, anyone here was able to upgrade their Epic ECU to rank 5? There's a material missing for it, and the game says you can obtain it with crates (I highly doubt that).

2. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    #502 Yanagi, Nov 1, 2015
    I already have the other purple part the ECU needs; it only needs a battery now and then it's rank 5. I can't remember how I obtained it though.

Update: It's now rank 5 and gained 1 PR out of it. It seems like the part is indeed obtainable via loading docks; mine changed shipment upon level up and it probably got looted without me noticing. And my goodness it sure is expensive to upgrade it any further.

3. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    So what's the advice?

Sell all prototype parts and materials before the final race?

4. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    No, those prototype parts are automatically converted into cash after you finish the event. I think I had around 90 spare parts in my storage and after the event it got me over 300,000 to spend.

5. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Ah - fantastic. Cheers! Currently have a mere 83 ;)

And five parts that are one non-grind able material off an upgrade. Bastards!

(All spare cash to date has gone on basic crates... Which leaves me unconvinced that many more basic crates will yield many more grind able parts. £60k in the bank atm, and two races off the finish. May make a judgment call then!)

6. NumbNutz

NumbNutz Member

Nov 1, 2015
    #506 NumbNutz, Nov 1, 2015
    im gutted, i was playing this morning on my phone, got the first 5 races done on the event, collected 2 crates and bought 5 for 20k and left it a while,
    loaded the game up on my ipad and it showed 0/13 for day 5 and i had my money back, got back on my phone and it showed the same and now i have to wait again for the tickets

also any advice to beat race 7 ?

7. chatnever

chatnever New Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Help, I can't upgrade the M4 F82 to 740. Only 12hrs left, but I have spent all my Gold, Cash, and Tournament Cash too.

8. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Grind, grind and grind again. If you can't grind enough, then you needed to've ground more in previous days...

9. jon427

jon427 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    QA Tester/ Business Analyst
    California
    Can anyone see the mustang for sale in the store yet? I see the icon has changed but I don't see the car for sale......

10. BulkSlash

BulkSlash Active Member

Yeah I'm seeing that too. Hopefully it's just a timing screw up and the banner has gone live too soon.

11. speeed

speeed Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2010
    Any tips for beating razor? I can't seem to catch up to him at all. Only at the last bend but he is too fast

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Hate to say it, but I think I beat him first time round. PR of something... erm... like 752?

Didn't need owt more than standard... drift a bit, nitro a bit, draft a bit, slip past. And tbh, he struck me (in my only race against him!) as considerably easier than some of the earlier ones (who I beat by hundredths of a second).

Persist, and good luck!

13. jon427

jon427 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    California
    I had trouble with Razor first time around so on second race right from the start I rammed him into the wall and not him out of the race and cruised to the finish. #

14. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    No special blueprints crates? Pfffffff.

15. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    #515 Yanagi, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Razor's Mustang GT is now being sold for $10. I'm somewhat interested to know what parts it comes with and such.

I never got the snoop dog car so not sure what it came with, but I guess they're similar.

16. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Buying the snoop car with blueprints got all blue parts. Pretty sure that I saw the same advertised on an "omg buy this awsummmzzzzz" post-loading screen.

17. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    #517 Yanagi, Nov 2, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Just heard from someone who bought the Mustang GT and apparently what you get is the car in stage 2 form with stage 2 equipment. It opens up a special loading dock crate area upon purchase where you can get the rest of the cards needed to level the car up. That's... pretty bad. I was very tempted to actually get the car since it looked pretty cool, but I want it to be useful, too. Not for me, I guess.

18. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    At times like this, this forum needs a :rofl: emoticon.

Must say, every time I look at a substantial-way-to-go grind, a little bit of me dies inside.

You are just 10 blueprints short of a fully upgraded STI!

Shoot me now...

19. jon427

jon427 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    California
    Was hoping they would have special crates for the upcoming event. Really need blueprints for my snoop car.

20. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #520 Quoad, Nov 4, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    Define "need"... ;)

E2a: tbf, apologies. I'm swiftly approaching my "no longer give a f4ck" point with this NFS, I think / hope.

I'm basically watching 40-second promotional videos of what a racing game would look like, if I was racing (in a racing game with joke-level unequal races) in order to play a themed slot machine.

The challenges have been dragging me through, but I'm hitting the OH MY GOD NO MORE OF THIS wall more and more frequently. I haven't even easyraced for parts whilst at work this week. And that must be the sound of a death knell looming.