Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. jon427

jon427 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    QA Tester/ Business Analyst
    California
    What does everyone have their Razor BMW PR rating at so far? I'm trying to make sure I'm doing everything I can to win this time. Mine is currently at a PR of 674.

2. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Exactly where I'm at.

Afaict, anything else needs parts that are only crate-able. And the crates aren't currently producing those parts.

3. Lord XIII

Lord XIII Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    I'm at 653. I'm playing it very conservatively and saving as many parts as I can for maximum profit. I know EA will spike up the difficulty in the last 2 days (the Snoop Dogg tournament taught me that and this tournament has almost the same pattern race-wise and reward-wise), so I'll adapt to what's needed. Plus, thanks to grinding a lot after finishing races, I got a bunch of Relays :p

4. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I currently have 11 relays, which leads me to think they might not be that important... We'll see!

In other news, this crash was unexpected:

[​IMG]

5. jon427

jon427 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    California
    Finished the Fourth chapter at 715 PR

6. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Yeah - a bit odd, that one!

699 pr at the start of the race.

Seemed to've magicked into a 715 pr at the end (?!)

7. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I'm on the last event of the day, the m4 doesn't have a high enough pr.. 684 required and I'm at 679... Grrrrr wasting time and tickets trying to go back and get parts now..

8. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    If my experience so far is anything to go by, you'll need pretty much everything you grind. It'll all come in useful once you upgrade parts. The overall cost in terms of time is ridiculous - next time round, I'll be grinding those early purple parts from the word go...

(I've just easydrive ground one battery and a couple of clutch plates whilst walking around with my son on my back :D)

9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Haha, good tip.. So easy drive is like autopilot? Pretty much drives itself....

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Yes.

Imagine the shame of the developers.

"We created this phenomenal racing engine.

We rolled it out on numerous phenomenal premium games, with tight difficulty curves and full tracks with tolerances of hundredths of seconds.

And now we've got to let people spam a "bodge it" button to avoid any actual racing themselves, in order play a random number generator."

Gutted.

11. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I currently have 22 prototype relays.

(A result of grinding epic batteries... Four of which I've kept in store, as I'm not sure where they'll be most useful tomorrow...)

12. Lord XIII

Lord XIII Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Until now, the rewards of this event are pretty similar to those of Snoop's event. If they stay the same, grinding up to 6 Batteries will be good enough (2 for the last remaining Epic parts, then 4 for the 2 parts you can upgrade to rank 6).

13. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Of the four epic parts I've got atm... One requires one battery (fitted!), the other three require two. Not sure how that'll play out but, tbh, I've grinded all the other parts I can grind / fit atm, so will probably attempt to get another two batteries (and upgrade them all).

What leaves me hesitant is the ungrindable parts - when will they appear (if at all?) And how will that affect / shape a "sensible" upgrade strategy (if purple batteries are a limited resource).

There are already some things I'd do differently next time! Holding back on upgrading lesser parts until I need the PR, for example - suspect I've wasted a fair few materials on blue parts that've been swiftly replaced by their purple superlatives.

14. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Ah! Just realised what you mean.

The two blue parts will each need one battery, once they hit purple...?

If so, that'll mean nine batteries (total) - three for the bottom row, six for the top. (Can vouch for the top six / one at the bottom need already :D)

Edit: also, any thoughts as to what to grind in advance for the last two epic parts...?

15. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I have yet to get almost anything I want from the right hand option out of the RNG three.

Perhaps I'm just unlucky, ay!

16. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Holy crap! I hoped that'd work, but never believed it. First good item from an RHS pick, ever!

[​IMG]

In other news, I seem to've won a Hallowe'en Subby:

[​IMG]

17. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Cracked and installed em.

Fwiw, two batteries gave me +3 PR in the top left / top middle parts. But only +1 for the top right :hmm:

18. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    #498 Yanagi, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    I just finished the event and somehow ended up with 300,000 to spend — which I ended up using to upgrade the new BMW. Needless to say, it's now down to only 60,000. Thankfully it doesn't seem extra difficult to obtain batteries it just costs a lot to install. And it looks like they plan to sell Razor's Mustang GT in the shop.

Now I can finally finish more underground races with this BMW.

19. jon427

jon427 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    California
    I also was able to win with a PR of 751. They gave me the car with like 735 PR and upgraded back to 740 PR.

20. Yanagi

Yanagi Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2015
    Medicine
    #500 Yanagi, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    Probably because the game removed all the slotted materials from your parts. Unless you're sure the part can rank up, it's best not to install anything to it.

That being said, I tried to see if I can at least rank up all six parts to 5-stars by purchasing 10 premium boxes from the loading docks that seemed to contain virtually all the parts the car needs, but getting absolutely nothing but garbage from my first 10 tries raised a red flag and therefore stopped before incurring any more damages.