Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    They've certainly been cheeky with this competition!

Tbh I'm dumping all my upgrades into a handful of cars - Subaru wrx, Golf, Mazda(, ford).

Will work on the assumption I'll lose other challenges, though the gains on others will be worth it. Guess the worst position will be to have mid ranked everything - and to consequently get nowhere, ever :hmm:

2. frownface

frownface Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Same, I've maxed my brz (607) nearly maxed my fiesta (557) need 8 more bp for my sti and that'll be maxed too.
    The rx7 is my one of my favourite cars from my teen years so I've been working ok that too 617 so far but the epics will be a long way away.

Unsure how well I'll do with this GTI tournament, I'm placing well right now but I'll lose steam soon as my car is only 587pr and the opponents are bloody quick

3. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I also note that the final ranked rewards have been scaled down - main gains (well, for most of us) will come from charging through the ranks rather than... tbh... even placing top 100.

I have no idea how much I've won in getting to rank 6 - but I'm pretty darned sure it's more than I'll gain from my finishing rank.

(12 blueprints off an upgrade to five star, too, with no more upgrades available at four star - so pretty sure that what I have is what I'll end this competition with!)

Current priority grind: get 570 gold, so's when the Razr challenge is finished, I can buy eight boxes of blueprints :D

4. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Even top 50 looks knife-edge for making more than ranking up rewards. And my full time job, full time son, and already-acknowledged GTI limitations make that look massively unlikely :D

5. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    #465 frownface, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    Edit : tier 3 with a 615GTI, still able to scrape wins from the lowest opponent, but I don't think i'll win any races once I reach tier 2.

6. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Member

Oct 2, 2013
    #466 Cheesenium, Oct 28, 2015
    It is getting quite frustrating now. No purple, no gold. Card packs are either filled with common materials or random cars.

The game is really trying to turn me into a whale. No thanks.

Might be time to dump this game once the daily gold expires.

7. Lord XIII

Lord XIII Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    The premium crates will probably give us blueprints for a special Ford Mustang, which is useless (to me at least) since I already have a rank 4 Mustang with some pretty decent parts and Snoop's Shelby with Epic (purple) UCM and Nitro installed. Speaking of which, I hope you can purchase the Shelby's blueprints from crates at some point.

8. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Last time round, the "special time limited" crates were only >3 snoop blueprints each :thumbs:

My working assumption is that this time it'll be the Razr.

Speaking of which, what's the advantage of completing all Razr events? Get to keep all the prototype parts?

(If so, do they cost gold to upgrade / replace, a la snoop...?)

9. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Completing all the races gets you the m4 obviously. Credits get converted to cash at the end of the event.

It's also in your best interest to upgrade the car as much as possible before the event ends as it'll likely be harder to do so afterwards

There will probably try to hock razor's mustang. Though I don't think I want a third mustang

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Last time, the prize / purchaseable was the car you were driving, no? And not the car you were racing against? Iirc, snoop was sufficiently enthusiastic about you, that he lent you his car...

Why do you suspect otherwise this time?

Wrt upgrades - so the upgrades on the m4 will stay in your possession, if you win the race? (This is relevant, because for me it looks like a comparison of the benefits of winning the m4 through this event, or purchasing it through 8 packs of blueprints for 570 gold - which last time got me something like three level upgrades).

If you do keep em, do the parts remain "prototype"...?

11. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    #471 frownface, Oct 28, 2015
    Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Last time the prize was the car you drove, with equivalent parts to what it finished with. Eg if you had a 3 star engine and 5 star gear box then your prize would be a gt500 with a 3 star engine and 5 star gearbox.

Naturally it would be wiser to upgrade the car as much as you could as it would be harder to do with normal parts.

The purchasable blueprints were for the challenger which was snoop's car in the final race. You couldn't buy blueprints for the gt500.

I am only guessing that they may have razor's mustang for sale.

Prototype parts get converted to cash at the end of the event

12. Lord XIII

May 12, 2014
    #472 Lord XIII, Oct 28, 2015
    You will keep all parts you installed on the car, however they get converted to normal parts. During this conversion, ANY PROTOTYPE MATERIALS THAT WERE INSTALLED ON THE PARTS PRE-CONVERSION WILL BE LOST FOREVER, so either upgrade the part's rank with them or keep the materials for cash, unless absolutely necessary (for example, races requiring you to have a certain PR).
    On a similar note, take note of every single material that is not obtainable through repeating races (AKA not easily grindable), and save them until the very end, where you can trade them for normal cash (not tournament cash) or upgrade the most rare parts with them (I have a feeling that the highest rarity of prototype parts we'll get will be Epic). If you have to upgrade your car (for reasons mentionned above), install materials in this order:
    - Materials you can grind right now
    - Materials you will be able to grind later on
    - Materials only available through crates
    Also, before you do the last race (of the last day), go on a grinding spree and upgrade the rarest prototype parts as much as you can. That way, you won't have to use too many of your normal materials to upgrade them afterwards.
    Finally, I dunno if it changes anything, but save the prototype parts you want to replace. It's pretty easy to grind tournament money, and they might give you more normal cash than you usually would have if you sold them.

I'm spoiling things a bit, but I did a few things wrong and I don't want other people to get caught in the same trap :D

13. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Very useful indeed, both. Cheers! #

14. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    I have also noticed that by installing & keeping the old part (for a small fee) you can sell the old part at a higher rate.

Or do you mean to suggest to hold the parts till after the tournament is complete?

15. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Seems confirmed.

In car series -> horse power., Take a look at the list of eligible cars.

Attached Files:

16. Lord XIII

May 12, 2014
    I was suggesting the latter, but I'm not sure. I suspect that conversion of prototype parts/materials into normal cash has a higher rate than the tournament cash, but I have yet to provide a proof for that.

17. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Of an evening, when tired, I find the prospect of grinding particularly gruelling / pointless.

That is all.

:thumbs:

18. Hippida

Hippida Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Upgrading this car has been the easiest so far, as street and muscle cars require more materials and blueprints. Closing on 6 star Mazda tho

Muscle race, I could win facing cars 50 RP beyond my lvl, GTI race, I have to be 40+ RP to win, and that is mostly because opponents have wayyyy more nitro then I have and can get. I never draft my opponents, cuz the few times I've lost, I fell behind early, and even by drafting, they nitro almost all the way to goal line

Thats fore sure. My materials have been spent on Golf, Mazda and SRT8, and currently my GTI is highest ranked with 631PR maxed out. Even tho my first car was WRX, I've yet to get enough bleprints to even get it to lvl 3, so its been left behind. Lvling 911(993) atm, as it will prob be better then Mazda, which I will continue to focus on when I am closing on lvl 6

When finnished with every dayly races, I highly recomend using all the tickets you can, to grind the races possible, and hold on to every material you get your hands on, not to mention, max out everything possible to be rdy for tomorrows race

Far from pointless, and much more important to winning the car, getting the best reward. Use any ticket you have available, if you're online enyway. The tourny credits will also be helpfull getting 5 part crates

Attached Files:

19. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ah, that I am unsure. Tournament credits certainly convert 1:1, I just assumed they sold the parts for credits then converted those credits to cash.

I would agree with that, when i started the event i had a 530PR GTI, once i realised that i'd need to upgrade my car massively i put it top of the priority list. It is now 631PR also.

The mazda is one of my favourite cars IRL, so naturally it's my hobby car in the game. I reached 6 stars with it just this morning.
    Yeah the AI is unnaturally strong this event, their nitro is nuts.

Don't just go by PR, the RX-7 has one of the highest top speed stats amongst the cars i currently own.
    My 633 PR RX-7 has 5414 for top speed, whereas my 660 PR WRX has only 4420. Acceleration sucks on the rx-7 unfortunately :(

20. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Yeah. I think you and I are drawing on different definitions of "pointless."

I think you mean "there is a point, because it gains you advantages within the game."

I mean pointless, as in "oh my actual God, what the hell am I doing with my life if I have nothing better to do with my evenings than watch a car race itself in order to win electronic trinkets for a game I can almost guarantee I won't be playing in six months."

Though I see your point.