Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. frownface

frownface Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    #441 frownface, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    I guess I expected that when I saw how much it cost to upgrade a blue (rare) part to a purple (epic) part.
    Then i discovered that there are yellow (legendary) parts :eek:

At least it seems that street cars cap out at blue.
    C. Sports & Muscle cap out at Purple, Sports, Super & Hyper cap go to Yellow.

I am now going back to buying crates in the hopes of epic parts as the long road is truly long.

Unfortunately yellow parts seem to be premium only.

Edit :
    Just managed to pull my 3rd epic part from a crate, a C. Sports Engine. Wonderful, gone to slot it into my RX-7 (childhood dream car) and to do so without losing my blue engine, I have to pay 175 gold, wtf I've never seen that before :mad:

Attached Files:

2. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Uninstalled this at level 67. Quite literally impossible. I don't see $10, $20, even $100 helping. Try ~thousand dollars per hyper, and still not guaranteed. Ridiculous.

3. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ouch that sucks.
    Did you level up your cars as you go along or have you been beelining for the hypers?

4. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Not at all. Got my super as high as it could go (800s), but altogether stuck now. You don't progress through the underground enough to unlock any of the hypers, so the blueprints for them would be purely from chests.

5. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    It's super annoying that you have to go grind a couple of levels before you can keep progressing in the "story" mode. I think I'll just go play horizon chase or something even though it's not the same but at least it focuses on what a racing game should be, purely racing.

6. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    #446 frownface, Oct 23, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
    Ah then that really does suck

So do the individual chapters unlock every 5 levels? e.g. chapter 10 at level 40, chapter 11 at 45, .... chapter 15 at 65?

If so the hypercars shouldn't unlock until 70, no?

7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I would still contend that this is not a racing game.

The races are, overwhelmingly, unchallenging. You have to be doing something pretty fruity to be persistently entering "hard" or "x-treme" races*.

The easydrive option and necessity of grinding mean that a sensible player won't even be controlling the "race" car c.90-95% of the (non-tournament) time. I've just knocked out six green relay grind runs whilst working at my desk.

The only aim of most races is to play an RNG to get upgrades for a car that will then, for the most part, race itself slightly faster. In order to play more RNGs.

On which basis, this is something - but I can't credit that it's a "racing" game. An RNG game seems more accurate.

*and even with hard / x-treme races, I'm routinely winning by >3 seconds. Compare that with the last NFS, in which I was replaying races multiple times in order to shave off hundredths of a second.....

8. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Has anyone tried resetting their phone clock to cheat timers?

Assume this is short circuited by the need for a net connection, but before breaking the game, seemed worth asking :D

9. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    This also happens with snoop parts :thumbs:

(Which appear to be somewhat underpowered *and* harder to upgrade than their bog standard blue counterparts).

10. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ah that sucks.

Anyone here in the top 10 for the current muscle car tournament?

Currently placing 17th (61000 points) but curious as to the gap between the top 25 and top 10 in terms of points. I bounce between 16-18 but haven't cracked 15 yet and wonder how much of a hike it would be to the top ten.

11. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    That can't have come cheap?

I've been using pretty much all my tournament tickets (aside from 8hrs sleep each night). I've lost one race. It's only in the most recent tier that I dropped down to racing owt but the top offer.

And I'm 428th with c.32,000 points :D

Edit: and I won't be progressing any further - can't win any more races.

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    [​IMG]

That's as upgraded as a four star pink Golf can get :D

Now just need some more blueprints...

13. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    F***ing springs!

That is all.

14. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    #454 frownface, Oct 25, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
    You would be surprised.

Heh, f***ing springs indeed. They've got to be my biggest bottleneck followed by relays, and of course all the epic materials that i can't farm yet.

That's a nice golf btw. You should be prepared for the next event, though it appears that it'll be a 24 hour event so I am doubtful that your car will get to shine.

Edit: With the muscle car event finished and thanks to the trophies received I bought the lsat 5 blueprints i needed for the supra. 15 Blueprints to tier 3 though :( This will be a slow and long road.

Attached Files:

15. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Member

Oct 2, 2013
    The grind just get worse and worse now once you reach Super.

Has anyone getting decent parts lately? I had been putting a lot of in game cash into the crates and all I get are crappy materials.

No purple, other than the first 4 i got for Classic Sports. Nothing at all for Muscles and Sports too.

16. jon427

jon427 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    QA Tester/ Business Analyst
    California
    Yes I have been getting purple and the gold legendary parts which none of my cars can use yet.

17. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ah the volkswagen tournament runs for 48 hours, I had expected it to go for only 24 as the razor event starts tomorrow.
    I guess there will be overlap and people have to decide whether to spend their tickets on the volkswagen or razor events.

Also you earn a lot more points this tournament so I guess it's entirely possible to reach tier 5 or 6. Better upgrade my GTI.

18. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    As I do with all my cars, I've played around with customisation of my supra.

Man this is one bugged out car :eek:

The only customisation options that work properly are the body kit (very limited), wheels, and the spoiler (rear and roof).

Headlights & taillights make no visible affect, even if you buy the custom options.
    Roof scoop never appears even if you buy any of them.
    If you buy any custom side mirrors, they simply disappear.
    The third exhaust option simply disappears (hooray, electric vehicle) but leaves a hole.
    If you buy any hood, it also simply disappears :| you drive around with an exposed engine bay, there's no engine of course but strangely there's a suspension system :confused:

The abomonation of a car carries through even in races

Attached Files:

19. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Love that hood :D

Loving the gti tourney, too. Incredible returns so far. Buckets of tourney credit, and some decent cash too. Now regret that I went to bed before midnight & didn't bag some points then. The exhaustion cost of a 14 month old! :D

20. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    #460 frownface, Oct 27, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
    Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

I didn't expect to progress as fast as it did. Starting to struggle a bit, opponents at 550pr are unnaturally fast.

Regretting dumping all my street upgrades on my STI. Scrambling to upgrade my GTI now

Edit: just reached tier 5. The struggle is real.