Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. frownface

frownface Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    #421 frownface, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    Just realised that the tournament store is the only place you can earn blueprints for a supra, at a hefty 1500 trophies for 5 blueprints, according to the car showroom you need 15.

I assume that the supra's blueprints are always available and the only way to get a supra is to grind out 4500 trophies, anyone manage to get one yet?

2. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    To gain what?

That was part of my rationale - if the goal is to use gold to skip events to win a car... This seemed like an effective short cut to the same route. Seemed like a better route than the flat-out cash purchase too, as it came with enough blueprints for two (point five) upgrades.

3. JonSnow92

JonSnow92 New Member

Oct 10, 2015
    Awesome game

I love need for speed

4. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    I really like this game, but what I hate is this online shit. Loading, contacting server.... .

5. jon427

jon427 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    QA Tester/ Business Analyst
    California
    Quoad, what did your Snoop car PR end up being after your upgrades? I know I paid the ten dollars and got the car with a PR of 550. Wondering if your route produced a better outcome?

6. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #426 Quoad, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
    Tbf, that's the calculation I took on - though I was very unlikely to be able to justify $10 so long as we've got baby food to buy! :)

Reckoned that eight packs of blueprints @1-6 / pack would give me upgrades on top of the entry-level N-star (two star?) model. In the end, they were all 3-6 blueprint packs. So that kinda worked out nicely.

Not entirely sure what my un-upgraded PR was, as I instantly fitted two blue muscle parts (which were better than the all-blue muscle parts it came with).

But the blueprints bumped me up to 4.3-ish starred Snoop (L4 with... Erm. Three or four spare).

I think each additional star added c.10-12 PR, though - obv - that also gives me headway to improve the fitted parts to four-star, too.

I'm currently @615 PR, though I'm struggling to upload a screenshot from my phone. That does include +2 parts and +some spare materials I had lying around, though.

Edit: right. Let's try that with photo bucket.

[​IMG]

7. jon427

jon427 Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    QA Tester/ Business Analyst
    California
    Very nice, so it worked out better for you to spend the gold and get the packs. Good to know for the next vehicle they put up. Having trouble getting blueprints now to upgrade now that the event is over.

8. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Well, tbf, it was a trade off. £1.49 in IRL money ($1.99?) and clearing myself out of gold, vs your route of $9.99 to get the car plus... 270 gold?

You will've ended up substantially gold richer, I assume.

Where gold is best spent is obv a matter of preference!

I also wouldn't worry unduly - they've given us three chances to win the "snoop dogg special" in week one of the game's launch. Which leads me to assume that they need us to need it, more than we necessarily need it. Iyswim. They're clearly trying to flog it by every route available.

I'd be capital-A amazed if it wasn't back. And probably with better deals.

9. Tony78228

Tony78228 Member

Sep 24, 2014
    in my spare parts, I have many Rare and uncommon pieces, when will I be able to use these? sorry, I'm a total newbie.

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I'm assuming they're useful for top end engines, ECUs, etc. Green parts can handle one or two green materials, blue might be able to handle one blue... So I'd assume that purple might have a purple slot (alongside probably a blue and green, or sth).

Haven't fitted any above blue parts yet tho, so can't be sure!

11. iosomfg

iosomfg Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Muhehe :-D

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    OH EM GEE!!!!

I won a green intake!!!

To add to the seventeen I've already got in storage!!!!

On the other hand, I think I may well spend the next week grinding out RNG green thingies. (Will edit in what I mean in a sec.) Literally every single one of my cars needs them. Most of them need two or three.

Indeed, I've just blown 120 gold on two (RNG card flipping for two guaranteed. Worth it!)

Gah.

Edit: green relay. Green relay. I reckon, conservatively, I need ten.

13. enriquegill012

Mar 22, 2015
    I've played it and my only gripe is the energy system. The graphics are okay considering how the weather effects, customization, and backgrounds look!

14. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I am watching cars race themselves ("easydrive").

In order to play a random number generator card game.

In order to have a chance of winning a card.

In order to upgrade a car.

In order to can watch it race itself.

Slightly faster than my current car currently races itself.

So that I can stand the same chance of winning something on exactly the same RNG.

I'm kinda bewildered as to why I'm still playing.

Whatever this is, it isn't a racing game. A "watching cars" RNG / card game, perhaps?

15. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Dammit, even the level obstacles are the same.

You'd think, seventeenth time round, that the police would've realised that I knew they'd set up their roadblocks there. All of them. Right there.

Or that car that's going straight on across the junction. In front of me. Really? Does it really have to be there again?

Because that's exactly where they've been every time I've hit this level (with multiple different cars / across multiple different stages)

Yuck.

16. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    You mean the one that crosses right infront of you right infront of the ramp you're aiming for?

Yeps, i've collected that car and sent myself flying more times than I care to admit.
    Wasted many a fuel on that stupid car.

17. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    #437 frownface, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    Still playing this pretty avidly, but can definitely say that the game has slowed down considerably and is now much more of a grind. I am level 36

I get most of my enjoyment from the tournament now, which i've been doing fairly well (a few top 250 finishes and currently 24th)

The biggest PITA is trying to farm materials needed to progress. The biggest offender previously was the 'relay' with most upgrades needing one and only 1 place to get it, but after level 30 a 2nd event alleviates that a bit.
    Currently I am finding most difficulty farming 'springs' with most upgrades need 2 or more and only 1 event provides them and i swear they deliberately withhold them from me, providing me between 0 & 1 every 12 hours.

How's everyone else going?

Edit:

I'm also finding that trying to upgrade a part from rare to epic is extremely hard, aside from the 15x blue conversion kits, you need to fork out 250k in cash to slot it, then there will for sure be an equally expensive rebuild cost.

18. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Member

Oct 2, 2013
    I am at level 54 now, the grind had started to take off now. Once you get your sports cars, the super and hyper are a massive grind to get.

The parts are hard to come by, especially specific blue parts that I happen to not have at the time while some commonly appearing ones, like gasket, relay and bearing, those are also annoying difficult to grind too. The crafting system is terrible as parts doesnt tell how useful they are.

The RNG unlocks are equally awful because you get pretty much all garbage with occasional parts drop or cards that you want for your cars.

The game is fun but really, the energy system is also infuriatingly annoying with 3 fuel events in Car Series while full fuel recharge takes more than 1 hour to do so. 2 fuel for car series is just nice though.

Always online is another issue because I do not have internet all the time on the go.

The races are fun with really good handling model and quite well designed tracks. It just the limitations they forced upon the game because it is a freemium does make the game a lot less enjoyable.

Hopefully the Shelby Mustang cards obtainable elsewhere like Black Market or Tournament store, I am still 16 cards short from maxing my Mustang.

19. frownface

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    #439 frownface, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
    I can imagine if they require 25-40 blueprints each.

Did you get the supra? I am tempted from a completionist standpoint but can't help but think there are better uses for tournament trophies.

I am perpetually short on cash, at the start of the game I used all my funds at the loading dock, but now I and spending it all slotting parts (15-35k to slot a part) Does it ever get better?

20. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Nah, I havent got Supra but I dont know whats the point of getting one when it will be a pain in the ass to upgrade. It will be another Shelby Mustang GT500 that is difficult to upgrade except this one takes extremely long to upgrade. If we can buy the cards for Supra from Tournament store, why cant we do the same for the event only GT500 Mustang?

Slotting parts will get insanely expensive as you go further, I pay as much as you slotting materials now. Cant do much about it to be honest. I think the grind to obtain those materials are even worse.