Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Lord XIII

Lord XIII Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    #381 Lord XIII, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    Well, not many of us did grind for materials after completing chapters (or it seems like it) , so they eventually get walled. I paid for that race too, but I was too lazy to grind the materials and/or wait (even though I didn't need to because I almost seized victory with the amount of PR I just mentioned).
    Anyway, good for you if you didn't need to spend anything and congrats for getting the car and free gold.

Also, I have 3 prototype materials that weren't converted. Is that normal?

2. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011

Second to final race of event I hit a ramp and boosted mid way up it. I caught air, serious air. I cleared the bridge in front of me, cleared the light poles on it, clears the roof of the building next, and then came down, glitches through a building and watched The city float away above me heh.

Ahh yea and about the trouble with this event. New game to me, now that I have the grove in mind and next event will be much less spendy.

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #383 chief78, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    I sold a bunch of prototype parts and got 2 5-packs from the event store and was able to get enough materials to upgrade. On the last race now, and have enough PR to where it will be "medium" difficulty. I did notice 2 races where the difficulty unnaturally spiked, ie. a big push to just pay past the wall. So my issue lies in the fact that the difficulty is not gradual. It's "easy race x3, then super hard race, and then magically another few easy races, followed by a tough as nails race." These are the type shennanigans I can't stand from EA. They do this in all their games and it's a shady practice that just turns me off. Hopefully this last race at "medium" difficulty won't force me to throw my phone across the room :) We'll see in about half an hour when I get another ticket to ride. I, as well, am hoping I get to keep all my installed parts and star level, because that was a ton of time and work and gild expenditure to get here. Somehow knowing EA though, I'll have to start from scratch.

EDIT: Wow, kept the car and all the parts. The catch? I have to rank up to lvl 40 to use it. There's always a catch with EA, always. But I'll take the car and work on ranking up. At least it can be used very soon for the next tourney, and I had enough parts to continue supe'ing up the beast. I only wish I could take the "snoop dog" wording off the car and keep the rest.

4. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I had a race where a police car went off a ramp and landed straight on it's left side and proceeded to drive on it's side the entire race. I wanted to take a snapshot but it was a tough race I couldn't afford to lose. But there is definitely some type of glitch with collision detection while in the air if you get sideways or hit a bridge, light etc.

5. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    For Snoop dog, i spent 180 gold (90 and 90) to skip the super hard races in chapter 4 and chapter 5. Off the event, i figure i came out more than even, since the last reward alone was 150 gold + gold for each chapter.

It WAS hard and i couldnt have done it without looking at the forums and figuring out i could SELL prototype parts to get more crates and redo old chapters.

All in all, some bonus gold, a sweet new ride and actually fun races - some were won by milliseconds at the last turn. Up to now, much better than asphalt 8 imo - if only we didn't have the timers...

6. mati10940PL

mati10940PL New Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Poland
    Yea, much better than A8... But tournament mode is a bit similar to the CSR Racing multiplayer mode. We must only win a races and gain higher tier. (sorry for my english, I'm polish)

7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Well. I was able to make it to c.5,600th in tournament and to round four of Snoop's challenge in a week in which I had three days off work, sick.

This does not bode well for my success in future weeks.

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I started with around 500 something gold and I'm left with 106. At least I get the car. I'm awaiting tickets to play the last race.

9. thesinmaster

thesinmaster Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Guys, I don't know you but I'm freaking n'joying this game even though it drains battery as hell...

I havent got to the paywall yet and my rep is 31, and I'm in the mid of chapter 6.

Got Snoop Dogg car and upgraded to aroınd 750's. You can use it in car series until you become rep 40. I haven't sold any parts I used ehile upgrading SD's car and at the end of the event, it was converted to ingame currency ( well my intend was to keep it to the next event ;) )

Grinding is unevitable but hell, it is free!

A very good f2p game even though it comes from EA. And it deserves to be played.

Not as rich as A8 but on the other hand, it could take forever to have a good car in A8 while getting blueprints is more motivating and entertaining ( like farming items in diablo ).

Hope you all enjoy like I do!

See you on the road ;)

10. Hippida

Hippida Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Need for Speed™ Maze of Limits

This was fun, but I'm of and away. To many Limits ironicly ^^ ;)

The good thing, if you had the time like me, is that you can use tickets in between to farm parts needed for the final races, pretty much how I mostly spend my fuels, as underground and series is on hold til I get a better ride/upgrades

I did get the 50/day gold aswell, and now that the snoop car went poof, I dont even care that I'll lose those 800 gold from uninstalling this game. ATM this game has gone from no limnit, to a Maze of Limits, mehh I cant be bothered.
    Back to A8, as I prefer MP, and that I can pretty much do whenever, and I'm Only limited by my own skills

Yeah, getting to the points where I could beat Snoop wasnt hard. Grinding parts when I compleeted each day, getting some 5 material crates. The really darn annoying part is that I won much harder races, then the final Snoop race, but when it came to that, and having my 750rp car, I stumbled every fubar 10 to 15 races.
    As I'm left with grinding, I may return later, and see if the game has evolved to something a bit less pay to play, cuz grinding I just dont do much of, in any game

I'll take what I've learned from this game, and apply it to A8, but tbh, I'm done with mobile gaming for a while, to disapointed I ended up at 98% completion in snoop tourney

11. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    @Hippida - last comment, I thought that's where I'd get stuck too. I don't blame u one bit. I'm sure something will come along that will just tip the scale enough for me to delete this game too. Sorry to hear it though.

12. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I actually finished it, but my whole reason for doing it was ruined. You need to be level 40 to use it in Underground mode.

13. frownface

frownface Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    I finished the snoop dogg challenge this morning, the last 2 races ended up being surprisingly easy (requiring one attempt each)

Otoh i had lots of difficulty with a number of the hunter missions.

My final car was ~740 PR. Basically during the event I kept grinding parts and event credits, every time i reached 20k credits i'd buy 5 boxes then sell the parts i didn't need to help fund the next pack of 5 boxes.

I was surprised that I am unable to actually use the car in the underground however, it's restricted until I reach level 40, which is unfortunate as I expect that once I reach 40 i'd be driving far more interesting cars.

However I do understand why they did this, as I hadn't progressed far with the actual story so getting a 700+ PR car would generally just spoil the rest of the game.

14. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Oh and add salt on the wound, that stangs car series burns 3 energy per.

15. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Unless I'm very much mistaken, I see that 8*loot crates with 5*Snoop blueprints each are available for 600 gold.

Any idea how many *s that'd get? I've got 300 gold. Can see the rest being grind able in a day or two...

16. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    (I write ^^^ that with the full and tragic awareness that EA are clearly desperate to hawk this car out.

So presumably it'll be on an "omgz three times better than one third of half price WITH ADDED GOLD" deal in two weeks time, shortly before a vastly better car is released for exactly what this un currently costs.

And with shinier bumper stickers.)

17. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Observation : if you cross the finish line in the air, that jump distance doesn't count towards the daily. And in particular, I'm referring to the current tournament jump just before the finish line heheh.

18. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    You guys see the Snoop limited car for $10? What you think?

19. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    How do you earn money for the mod shop in this game? Too many separate currencies #

20. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #400 oscar123967, Oct 12, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    You get them as a random prize from underground races or tournaments.

Anyone know what "BUSH" means? It says it on all the parts on the snoop dogs dodge challenger