Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. benfica88

benfica88 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Anyone know how to change the language?

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Mmmm… aside from renewed graphics, this reminds me a lot to the old NFS on N-Gage, which was quite bad to say the least. Does it play as well as the iPhone version of NFS:MW? That one had a great physics engine IMO…

3. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Maybe you right or when someone does defend the game, they get shouted down by everyone else that hates the game so why bother posting?

Take Sim City as example even Eli commented about the amount of "We hate the game....." posts

4. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Interesting someone posted its on the Dutch store.

The version on the Taiwan App Store is also in Dutch (I believe) which is weird.

5. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    I don't think you can. I just went through the menus using Google translate and couldn't find any language option. Did you download it from the Taiwan store? Is yours in Dutch too?

6. benfica88

benfica88 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Yeah for both questions. I'm assuming because English isn't included according to the AppStore description it defaults to the next. Was hoping to change it to Portuguese.

7. Dan't Ponic [ModProof]

Dan't Ponic [ModProof] Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    It's unacceptable a 2015 Game (NFSNL) can be worse than a 2012 Game (NFSMW)

Worse Gameplay
    Worse Graphics
    Worse Quality
    Worse Sense of Speed

... And a lot of Fuel, Gold, Timers, Energy, IAP, etc...

UNACCEPTABLE! :mad:

8. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    That's because almost no one has actually tried it yet. They're just moaning based on principle.

Show of hands. Who's actually downloaded and played the game?

9. chicago1271

chicago1271 Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2014
    #29 chicago1271, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    I downloaded it. It not that bad. That why it called soft launch.

10. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

I've played it and my only gripe is the energy system. The graphics are okay considering how the weather effects, customization, and backgrounds look!

A lot don't realize that the game is only in soft-launch, and Most Wanted was 1.5 gb!

11. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    You moaned about it in the Upcoming thread then done an edit.

I've downloaded it and it's not great, but the lighting effects and the city look stunning it has to be said. The guys on NFS No Limit's official Twitter feed said that Metal will be there for devices that support it, so I presume it'll come in an update because it's certainly not using Metal right now.

Just now the timers are 5 mins per each "block" of your fuel tank, but this will no doubt change. Remember how often with each update Real Racing 3's timers and race prize amount would change?

I still think people saying "it's a soft launch" are expecting miracles. I guarantee it'll be 99.9% unchanged when it launches for real.

12. Anonomation

But there are No Limits to how much it can change!

13. Dan't Ponic [ModProof]

Feb 11, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    How about the US$ 99,99 IAP? (3.750 Gold) :D

14. Anonomation

99.99? What are you not rich? THERE ARE NO LIMITSSSSSS!!

15. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Hahaha! Painful pun, but a good one! :D

16. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    From the Facebook page for the game (official feed):

For the first time in the franchise, Need for Speed: No Limits is an experience that has been developed exclusively for mobile devices. We have the ability to evolve the game over time and bring AAA level graphics, deep visual customization and car tuning in a form that's unique to the mobile platform for Need for Speed. Now for the nitty-gritty:

Is this game free?
    Yes, the game is free to download and play with the option to make purchases. Purchases will allow players to improve their cars and achieve higher levels of success more quickly, but are not required to complete the game. We look forward to giving millions of players the opportunity to experience ongoing updates with new content and features.

Is it online only/is there an offline play mode?
    Players will need to be online to play, ensuring they're able to have ongoing full access to the game features and content.

Will there be an online multiplayer mode?
    Online multiplayer won't be in the initial release of the game, but we're actively adding new features for players to enjoy.

Who is developing the game?
    The game is being created by the Firemonkeys; developers of Real Racing 3 and previous Need for Speed titles on mobile, from Melbourne, Australia. We'll be using that extensive mobile racing expertise to bring players the most exciting edition of Need for Speed on mobile to date.

What engine is the game using?
    Need for Speed: No Limits uses the Isis engine.

What platforms will the game be available on?
    We're currently launching on the App Store and Google Play, but we're always exploring opportunities on other platforms.

When will the game be launching?
    Keep an eye on the App Store and Google Play for release in 2015. Follow us on Facebook (http://bit.ly/NFSNLFB) and Twitter (http://bit.ly/NFSNLTW) for updates.

Is the game soft launching?
    As some of our fans have so diligently noticed, we are soft launching in selected territories and expanding those as the game evolves to ensure a high-quality, exciting experience for players.

Will the game be open world?
    Not for initial release. We know it's a mode that a lot of players look forward to.

Will gamepads/controllers be supported?
    There won't be gamepads or controllers supported at launch, but we're exploring opportunities with partners.

To what degree can the cars be customised?
    There are millions of possible combinations of car parts, including engines, gearboxes, suspension, spoilers, roof scoops, bonnets, tinted windows and more.

What kinds of controls will be supported in the game?
    The game will be sporting 3 different steering control schemes, with gestures to drift and boost, catering to a variety of play styles.

What are the minimum device specs that will be supported?
    We always push the boundaries of technology when we release new titles for mobile devices, which can sometimes require the latest hardware. For Need for Speed No Limits we recommend minimum device specs of:
    iOS: iPhone 4S with iOS 6.1+
    Android: API level 15, 1.21.2GHz processor, 1GHz RAM, 800x600 screen res - GPU - Tegra 3, Adreno 302, PVR SGX543/545

17. skeuomorphic

skeuomorphic Active Member

May 23, 2014
    :confused:[​IMG]

18. Dan't Ponic [ModProof]

Feb 11, 2014
    Lisbon, Portugal
    #38 Dan't Ponic [ModProof], Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    Even the Drift is worseeeeeeeeeeeeeee than Most Wanted!

:eek:

19. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    WHAT?!? What did they do? Apply it to the in game lampposts? Those textures look so low resolution it's unreal.

20. skeuomorphic

skeuomorphic Active Member

May 23, 2014
    What if open world is an iAP