Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Also really not keen on the lack of a difficulty curve because, by definition, it's p2w. I'd guess 80% of my races are "easy" with nearly all the others "medium."

Contrast that with the fine tuned and awesome difficulty curve of premium NFSes... And this sucks.

"Hmmm, let me spam some more twenty second cakewalks for grindparts I can no longer store!"

2. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    They get turned into normal parts for that type of car. I.e. They will become muscle car parts

3. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

The paywall in Underground slaps you in the level 20s in Chapter 5 of I'm correct, I barely got to "Porche Unleashed" with a Volkswagen Gold GTI in the 400s.

For the Snoop Challenge, I'm in the 4th chapter and there's a race that requires 692 performance rating, the last race of chapter 4.

You get no choice by to grind and waste tickets event thought the races might pasig oh not give you the parts you need to upgrade. Oh well.

4. 2hvy4grvty

2hvy4grvty Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Anyone know what the "conversion kits" are for?

5. Anonomation

They're upgrades that appear for specific parts. You'll eventually get a part and one of the little upgrades will need a conversion kit.

6. xmonalisax

xmonalisax Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    If we finish all of the snoopy races at last will they give me that car? I know that this car is only for that tournament.

7. 2hvy4grvty

Feb 10, 2010
    If you mean materials, the conversion kits are never used as a material.

8. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Idk if it has changed since soft launch, but i bought a bunch of gold prototype crates and after finishing the challenge I got all my gold back. Idk if this is the case anymore

9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I'm at the same stage, didn't know it let you play earlier races for parts, i thought it's ridiculus how we have to make that jump in PR, since driving skill cant cover it.

10. Anonomation

It gave me free tickets at some point, and I bought the rest I needed via gold. I'm now over 700 in PR, and I'm waiting for the 5th Chapter to open.

11. Lord XIII

Lord XIII Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Yeah, I noticed. I'm level 27 and things begin to get crazy on Chapter 6. Thing is, I had a head start due to loading the soft launch version's save (blueprints were easier to get, so I had a maxed Dodge Challenger with stock parts by the start of this version, crazy huh) so I didn't feel the paywall's strike.

Also, I try to grind for materials after finishing the races in the Snoop Dogg event. That way, I get spare materials that can be either sold or used in the future.

12. Anonomation

I just checked and confirmed, Conversion Kits work as materials for specific parts

13. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    This last chapter of the Snoop challenge is taking forever....only because of the timers but dang....13 races. Gonna be a nail-biter to the finish I think.

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I cant even get there. I hit some medium hard races and cant beat them.

15. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I actually hit a brick wall too. I got to race 7, with my PR at 730, and the race is at hard level. It's like a 15 second race, so there's no way to build enough boost quick enough to pull into the lead. F*** EA, this is the same trash bull**** they pull with all their freemium games. Let you get (literally in this case) 80% of the way there and then shut you down. I'm going to grind tomorrow and see if I can get the parts needed, but damn.....7 f'ing 30 PR isn't enough to even beat 7/13 race. And to think I almost bought the STi IAP that disappeared for $5. I would be very mad at myself right now. Still, the amount of time invested, and I still feel the burn.

16. Lord XIII

Lord XIII Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    #376 Lord XIII, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    Want some salt in the wound? Race 8 is at Easy for a 736 PR car, so it would be Medium at worst for a 730 one.

EDIT: To be completely fair, they gave you gold throughout the whole event, so if you saved it, you can pass the race.

17. 2hvy4grvty

Feb 10, 2010
    #377 2hvy4grvty, Oct 11, 2015
    There's a brick wall in the main story though. Seems like the sports tier cars get unlocked at 35, and the super cars get unlocked at 50. Don't know of anybody that got the hypers unlocked yet, but I'd imagine it'd be 70-75 or so. Buying the 900 gold crates (10 of them) don't even guarantee blueprints in them, and the unlocks are 25-35 blueprints. I'd reckon you'd need over 200k gold and you wouldn't even be able to get all the cars, let alone unlock them to stage 7. All the latter races take 3 fuel each, so that gives you 3 races per refuel.

18. RyanSkotw

RyanSkotw Well-Known Member

May 15, 2015
    #378 RyanSkotw, Oct 11, 2015
    Im at race 3 of the last stage of snobdog, think Im gonna buy my way to finish this fking event >_< well but if u think of it, the ~1k gold to get the very good car is worth it. But!!!! Will they let u keep the car and all the star and parts after the event or u have to build it again from scratch @@ because the part have the "boost" sticker on it

On a side note, I did foolishly buy the subcribe gold, but seeing that EA so greedy at IAP like this, I wont spend or play this game often again after my daily gold stopped. F2P mobile game sucks, especially if the game comes from big brand company

19. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Those brick walls are indeed a pain but definitely the work a round in these events will be saving the gold rewards to toss at those occasional walls.

20. mati10940PL

mati10940PL New Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Poland
    I don't understand your posts, guys. I complete all Snoop challenges without spending money. I always farming parts and credits for crates. ;)

Attached Files: