Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I've yet to run out of fuel (timers), I made what will be a one time $5 purchase of a Subaru Imprezza, 600 gold bars and it gave me $20,000 cash I didn't even know came with the package. I'm not generally a FTP supporter, however I've sunk like 15+ hours into the game and no purchase has been necessary. Also there's no ads. IMO, this's game is very balanced and dare I say fun!

I understand this style will not be for everyone but I'm really enjoying all the upgrading, Tons of different races, for different series of vehicles and the storyline of the main game isn't terrible.
    What I'm having the best time with though is the Series races. I've unlocked (for free, by racing) four cars in different series all with their own tree of challenge races. Leveling up is , if anything, almost too easy and how you gain fuel, gold, cash and car accessories. Very generous.

I'll be playing this for some time to come and I have invested $5 for now (haven't even spent any of the gold yet) and so what if I spend anothe $5-$10 in the future for upgrading or modding my cars in the end that's a cheap price for the level of enjoyment in a game I like and that I'm sure will be sticking around (I'm looking at you Bioshock-Monster Humter).

2. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Totally agree! I'm level 17 now and have played the game for several hours. So far, by juggling Tournament, Car Series and Underground and a few other tricks I haven't run out of fuel ONCE!! It's all about timing your level-ups which fill the tank up again. Oh and keep the car parts when you upgrade so you can fit them into other cars to upgrade them. The game gets better and better with more cop cars and sneaker opponents. Really heart pounding. I LOVE this game- the graphics are superb and I normally hate FTP stuff.

3. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Can't get this game and a handful of others to load up after GameCenter went out with iOS 9

4. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I just did a factory reset on my iPhone 6, followed by an iCloud backup. I'm back in GameCenter and it also squashed a bug I was having with deleting apps and my device freezing up. It's certainly a viable fix until 9.1 releases...whenever ;)

5. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    When I tried to earn blueprint for my car by doing a race again, I didn't get the blueprint in the 3 rewards that would get shuffled. on the description of it, it says possible rewards so there is a chance I won't even have a chance to earn them and my daily race of that track will decrease. I don't like that part.

Other than that, it is a great great game. Racing is fun, getting different cars modification etc. all good.

How do you guys spend your golds and cash? Buying crates or getting stuff from the blackmarket?

6. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I only buy the temporary crates during events. I just get stuff from the black market or races

7. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Nowhere near as good as Asphalt 8. You have timers (fuel) and the races are mostly straight and repetitive. Stick with Asphalt.

8. bored2death

bored2death Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    No limits...pffft. Should've been called NFS paywall.

9. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Or NFS: Limited. Bazinga

10. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    After playing NFS: NL I installed NFS: MW again. IMO the 3-year old NFS: MW is a much better racer than this one, but there are many more customization options in this one. The ideal for me would be a real combination of both: MW races with NL car customization.

11. Lord XIII

Lord XIII Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Well, I've been avoiding racing games for a while (had to deal some sodium chloride) but I can definitely say one thing: you're comparing a game that has been out for years with a game that has just been released. No Limits is still in a state where it can't be compared, and if EA keeps their promise (I highly doubt they will with the new game coming pretty soon), there will be new content in the future. Even so, they are aimed at two different kinds of audiences, so it's more of a preference in the end.

If you want to have an opinion, just play those 2 games and compare for yourself.

12. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I'm sure this has been asked, so apols if it's a duff question...

Why on earth can I only install common materials?

I have one, two and three starred cars.

I have a bevy of grey, green, blue and purple parts.

Why can I only install grey?! In any car?! Of any level?!

(Do I, perhaps, need to upgrade the part container itself, first...? Wheels etc? I do have a few available... But am hesitant about using them on a duff Subaru, when I'm only two blueprints off a two starred decent Subaru...)

13. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Keep in mind that there's different car types and different parts that go witch each type.
    Ex. Muscle, Street

From my experience it's adding parts, and then rebuilding them when you complete each exactions or whatever, and then leveling up the car.

14. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Yeah; I own six or seven 1-3 star cats.

Across all of those, I have yet to be able to fit a single component / material that is not grey / common.

(I have, admittedly, avoided upgrading full parts / units, as I don't want to waste upgrades on cars other than my decent Subaru. At the moment. Which is one blueprint off two-star. I can't think of anything else that might be keeping me back from using rare etc parts - I've got about thirty of them unused, and perpetually unavailable for upgrades, in storage...)

15. Degney

Degney Member

Sep 20, 2015
    What do you mean exactly ?

16. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    You have to fill all the slots on a particular grey component then when you advance it (for free) you can upgrade to green components and so on.

17. Rhane

Rhane Active Member

Oct 17, 2014
    can i transfer my account from iphone to android?

18. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I found out today that your inventory has a limit, thus there is a reason to continually upgrade your cars. I've picked 3 cars of the 5 I have and focused on races to get parts for them, and that has helped me to be able supe up my cars as I go. So far, gold is not a problem, just getting the right parts to upgrade from 1* to 2* and so on. I found, very quickly, that only focusing on 1 car really slowed down progression. Sometimes racing my VW actually gives me parts to use on by Subey. Also, if you have, say, a 2* gearbox but your Subey is only 1*, you won't yet be able to install and use it. Same for a 1* gearbox that can be upgraded to 2*....until your car is at that level, you'll have to hold out. Right now I'm slowly working on STi blueprints, so I'm at a standstill trying to get my PR rating for that car any higher, so I use my BRZ and VW that I can upgrade, or at least advance further into the game with. Also, because of tourneys, right now, my VW is my highest ranked car, even though I want to race my STi.

Think of your garage as a business, and every car is a project you're working towards finishing. At least early on, I haven't run into any pay walls or anything of the ilk. Some cars require the same parts, so you may have to grind a few parts over a few days. But with tourneys, underground races and the car series, I at least have something to do everytime I play. I hope that helps ;)

19. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Geeze. So everyone gets stuck trying to get the Subaru, and struggle to upgrade it.

20. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    i find the Tournament is such a CHEAT. No matter your PR difference, the AI controlled oponent gets ahead of you like a speed demon for half the race. Then you have some seconds to overtake it until the finish, often blocking you in the narrow street and the corner you are left with to overtake it.

I am struggling with my 480 GTI against 410-420 oponents in competiotor rank