Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    So.....u weren't going to if this free game was ok? HC is a must have for anyone who even remotely likes racing games on mobile. I wouldn't let this hold u back from what's possibly the best mobile racer yet. I paid full price for that, and would've paid 3 times that....no waiting for a sale or anything.

2. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Finally! An efficient way to earn visual points
    [​IMG]

3. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    #283 CoreyFox, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
    Yes, because this game and Horizon Chase has so much in common.. :roll eyes:

Of course I do love HC and bought it on its release day.. It's just apples and oranges..

4. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    it looks beautiful? you need to get your eyes checked
    while the gameplay is okay for a quick fix for people who loves hip / underground racing / street race
    and the monthly subscription earning gold daily thing is a smart move

this is a huge dumb down comparing with real racing series, i cant believe this is from the same developer
    the texture are low res / bland / no aa / blurred

do this game even support ios METAL api??? i will try it on the 6S and ipad pro next month to see if there's any different for latest hardware

5. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    "as long as one is patient" LOL.Is this the key to future gaming?Patience?:D

Some people have really low expectations about what a good game should deliver and are quite easy to satisfy.Sometimes i wish i would be one of them,would make things less frustrating.

6. henryfakesmile

henryfakesmile Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    usa
    there's a reason why things are going backward and these people found it acceptable
    people like that are probably have nothing better to do than checking in random freemium games for the daily check in gift

7. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Yes,you are right.I just have to accept that i'm not the target group.In this case it's not even that bad because the underlying racing game is simplified as hell and not a big loss to me.But it hurts when they destroy games like RR3.Anyway,i decided to avoid any EA games like a plague,no matter how good they are.I appologize and move on now ;)

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

If they took away the only online and added an option to purchase infinite energy I'd be happy.

9. Anonomation

#289 Anonomation, Oct 2, 2015
    Horizon Chase is a better game in no doubt. Doesn't need to be similar to this game.

Well. Actually they're both racing games sir.

10. Anonomation

Nope, I actually was gonna wait until the sale was over because I like getting good premium games at full price, but I needed my racing fix.

Technically, you cannot "wait for a sale" because you don't see it coming. I hate it when people are bashed because they take the opportunity to spend less money.

"Oh you got your new TV on sale? Meh, I bought it as full price. You should feel ashamed."

11. Anonomation

Don't take any of my points to harshly. I don't mean any harm :) I even protected the game before it came out. Please read my posts lightly. I'm not usually great at words because you can't get an exact personally through them sometimes...

I've already grinder pretty far but don't intend on quitting anytime soon.

12. KartRacing

KartRacing Member

Oct 27, 2014
    so it this game as good as or better than asphalt 8 ?

Been long since I dug into a nice racing game.

13. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    I apologize if my comment came across harsh, not intended :) And the point anout the sale was just a general point. I actually was reading people's comments in that thread and even at the sale price, some people were still doing the, "so is it really worth it, since the game just came out and is now on sale?" I wanted to throw my phone across the room Lol Why would someone only be interested with the game if it's on sale, and then turn around and question it's merit because it's on sale? I was like, WTF?! But again, not trying to slam you at all, I was just trying to say it is awesome and worth more than the devs originally charged ;) So, yeah, best purchase you'll make this week for sure...this one on the other hand......glad it's free Lol

14. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Not better than A8 by a long shot. There's no full circuit tracks in this, there are timers that stop gameplay pretty quickly, graphics are just not up to par with that game, and there are some IAP shenanigans going on. It's worth a download and the honest effort to progress, but A8 is a different and better beast.

15. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    #295 Carabak, Oct 2, 2015
    Been long since I dug into a nice racing game.[/QUOTE]

I'd say it's about the same...graphics maybe a little bit better...basically there are cop cars like NFS Most Wanted but not so regularly, and some basic ramps for jumps like Asphalt Airborne. The biggest difference to both these titles is a lot of the races in NL are only maybe 30 secs to 1 minute long. So instead of getting a real rush after about half an hour, you get a gradual build of adrenaline. If you juggle the Car Series races with the Tournament and Underground ones you can play for a long time as each time you level up you get a fuel refill. Collecting card based car upgrades with all the graphical and audio bells and whistles makes the game really exhilarating too. Personally I like grinding games and digging the cool graphics, if there's not much pressure to spend, and there isn't on this IMO.

16. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    So on iphone 6 this game doesnt look that great. I mean it looks ok but rather pixelated and all that? I downloaded Most Wanted that even that game looks way better.

17. Morolord

Morolord Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    Yeah, I have noticed that too (6 Plus here). It looks great when on a night track & raining. Most day tracks look low res, especially when the camera zooms into each car at the beginning of each race.

How does the two-year old Real Racing 3 from the same devs look SO good in comparison?

It's a shame as I am really enjoying the game, I just can't help thinking that it could of looked so much better.

18. CoreyFox

Jul 4, 2015
    #298 CoreyFox, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015

This is more of a racing/management game.. Lots of "daily" quests to rack up, 5 free gear drop boxes each day with, rare drops too.. There is a super rare crate every 48 hours for free..
    Lots of cars, and car upgrades.. The upgrade parts can be "farmed" on particular levels - levels that have a farming cap per day.. You can set it on auto-drive when farming..
    Its a cool game to take in bite size chunks..
    I actually enjoy the racing style , nitrous, drifting, airtime, etc..
    Each car has its own 5 chapters devoted specifically to that car for special races..
    Also, there will always be special events...
    Very Freemium type of game.. I can see why the purists are put off by it.. But for what it is, I do enjoy playing it.. One would never have to spend a dime on this game and still have plenty of fun..

It would not take the Place of Asphalt 8 any more then Horizon Chase would not take its place.. 3 different games..

19. CoreyFox

Jul 4, 2015
    One is retro arcade style racing, done very well.. vs. NFS that is based on modern freemium gaming mechanics..

I have been reaching for NFS over Horizon chase as of late as I enjoy the management/upgrade/farming aspect of this game..

BTW, I am not talking down to you, I understand that you already know this.. I am just mentioning it so that others who have never tried either game can get an idea of what they may entail..

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Energy timers? Gold subscriptions? No way to purchase unlimited energy with a one time purchase?

I left a 1 star review and moving on. This is not Need For Speed.

Billy