Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Degney

Degney Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Why would we avoid every free game...? Most free games are really good!

2. Degney

Degney Member

Sep 20, 2015
    IMPORTANT
    This game has just come out in uk and Iv got it for my iPhone 5... It doesn't load up! Any suggestions please. Thanks

3. pointaken47

pointaken47 Member

Jul 25, 2013
    U can actually drift lol, it's actually taught (quite late) during the second chapter. Other than that, it feels like an quite boring on-rails racer like CSR. At least there's customization... Oh wait, that's unlocked at rank 7.

Don't get me wrong though, it's actually kind of fun. I want it to be more fun though; I'm a big NFS fan since the second game. Just that cos my phone is running out of space, I'm considering deleting it. But I want to keep my day 1 BRZ...

4. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    Gameplay is ok but i feel like Most Wanted is still better. I dont mind timers in Real Racing 3 because you can just switch cars but in this there is barely any time. 5 races and you have to wait. Wish races were atleast a bit longer too. Its just feels like one of those games where timers really kill the fun.

5. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #245 ironsam80, Oct 1, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
    Totally boring... I know the part of freemium racing, not need to have skilled races, just parts and cars to collect and timers, but this one feels soulless to the bottom. The graphics are good but the race??? where is the race??? I know, it will be more challenging at the end... but noooot.... Thanks EA for ruin such a great series (till now) and thanks Apple that after your fantastic stupid iOS9 NFSMW (this was real NFS) now is without music (as tens of fantastic games) :(

All my hopes to GT Spirit for now but somewhere listen that this will be FTP too.

6. Unseen Studios

Unseen Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    #246 Unseen Studios, Oct 1, 2015
    Not sure why people are struggling with the timers so much. Managed to play for over 3 hours straight without using premium currency or any real world money. Sure the timers force you to play slightly differently, I imagine if you just try to run through the story mode you will quickly be out of energy as it pays the worst exp out. However mixing the story mode with the Car Series really starts raking in the exp. Making the most of your fuel by doing replays just before you level up also helps with collecting parts.

[​IMG]

So far I am enjoying the game. Hopefully it lasts.

7. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Will there be drifting?!

Mother of god, let there be drifting!

It's advertised as having drifting!

Why is there no drifting in the first cup / chapter?! This sucks big, fat donkey balls.

At present, I am basically driving a sack of shoot car through a tedious arrangement of thirty second crapruns.

Attached Files:

8. Unseen Studios

Unseen Studios Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    UK
    It is introduced in the second chapter of the story mode. I'm not sure if you can perform it before that though. To perform a drift you swipe down before or during your turn.

9. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Anyone doing the subaru brz? Currently ranked 400. Trying for top 100

10. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    yeah up to level 15 i haven't noticed any problem with timers too, because the Car series win gives 25% xp so you level up and refuel.. but this is only day 1.

What happens a week from now, if each race needs at least 2 gas, and the level up is miles away, and you can go only 5 * 30 second race once a day?

10 max gas is a JOKE. Almost all other freemium racers have a way to a) ask friends for gas or b) increase you gas size with level up. Let's see how it is a week from now.

11. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    ************* Touch Control!!******* Why did it take EA so many Years to recognize, how important touch control is? So many Need for Speed Games without it.

12. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Timers and fuel aside this can be barely considered a racing game. Ok, I steer the car but would love to have a gas and brake pedal. Absolutely abhor these quote unquote racing games that in essence play themselves. I mite as well watch a video of a race and pretend I'm playing it. This is why the Brownmonster and the Rush Rally series will dominate diluted works like NFS. Amen for being able to actually drive the in-game cars.

13. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

For those who cannot load, reset your device.

14. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    #254 Carabak, Oct 1, 2015
    Wow. I normally avoid FTP games, apart from maybe Dead Trigger and Asphalt Overdrive, and those are good as the graphics are amazing and you get a lot of play without spending too much.

I have to say after playing NFS NL for an hour or two, I think EA have excelled themselves and produced a game equal to if not better than Most Wanted. The graphics are SUPERB with glare, rain etc. also there are jump ramps like Asphalt and cop cars like MW. One downside is so far the races are very short, but you get used to it. Plus after playing Most Wanted for hours I used to get a real downer after the extended high...so maybe shorter races is a good thing. As someone else mentioned you get a fuel refill every time you level up!!! Really impressed.

15. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    wait till you level up to 19 run out of fuel in 5 races and have to wait. If only this had a gas-sending system between friends, or even watch an add to refill some gas or some other way to gain it.

Sure, short bursts of gaming are fine, but 5 minutes? that's got to be a record.

16. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    5 races? I am perfectly fine with that.. These games are not created so that one can sit down and binge-play... I am loving the game so far.. It is beautiful.. It has mechanics borrowed from Fast and Furious game franchise, and of course, Real Racing 3...

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I'm with you in this. I've had a good 1.5h of gameplay just now. Since every time you level up, fuel is maxed, there's no feeling of "oh gosh, I ran out of fuel", but as you say: wait till you level up a few times, come back here and comment.

I had more or less the same feeling with Pocket Mine 2: Begin playing, play a lot of hours during the first days due to beginning at level 1 and refilling every time you level up, but after a few levels, you're at a high level and don't get to level up before fuel/battery/add-whatever-counter-here ran out, forcing you to quit the app and wait for them to refill. And luckily for me, in PM2 the higher the level, the more each run lasts, so I can play for 30-35 minutes before the run out now. In NFS: NL I have the feeling that races are going to force 5-minute gaming sessions always, and that is lame to say the least. Now races are 1-2 deposits/race, but will this be the same in coming levels, or will a race cost 5 deposits?...

I think the game is quite good. It crashed twice on my 4S, I guess due to RAM memory issues, as always, but it's enjoyable. What I'd really like is that EA, in all the F2P environment that NFS:NL lives, gave a bit of premium-ish feeling and allowed for an in-app for infinite fuel.

18. Jmartinez41

Jmartinez41 Member

Sep 19, 2014
    I'm not sure why people are complaining about a brake pedal. If you were allowed to break you would surely lose the race. The races are to short to be braking, have people pass you, then catch up again.

As for the fuel system, I'm currently level 32 and I get to play like 4 races since they start to cost 3 fuel. I wish that every time you level up they give you extra fuel, similar to Trials Frontier and Record Keeper. 10 fuel at level 32 is definitely not enough.

19. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Level 40 and i usually get an hour or so worth of play time, though maybe half of that time is spent on the menus upgrading my cars and such like most of these types of games. Most of the races are still just 2 gas, I occasionally come across the 3 gas, especially late into the car series.

Its a good game if youre into these types of grindy collecting games. If youre not then this wont change your opinion.

20. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Agreed regarding the fuel system though have to note Record Keeper gives you energy bar increases by collecting tokens throughout gameplay. Marvel Future Fight would be the better comparison for gaining fuel increases as you level.