Universal Need for Speed™ No Limits (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

You can't judge the game by it's freemuim standards considering WE COULD HAVE GOTTEN WORSE.

Literally getting tired of the salty freemuim haters.

2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    I don't hate freemium, I sometimes don't like how it's implemented, I'm not about to have an argument about it, I have already deleted this and moved on

3. Anonomation

So you're saying game hasn't improved-

Besides the improvements? It's not like you're gonna be playing it for 3 hours straight. The energy fills up pretty quickly actually. Of course higher level races take more energy.

Just like any other damn game.

I swear some of you didn't even attempt to play the game and are judging it by the publisher's name. Maybe it's not what YOU wanted, but it's a decent game.

Not to mention this is pretty much a companion app in the style of Mortal Kombat mobile.

4. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    This lives?!

5. Cvija01

Cvija01 Active Member

Jan 4, 2015
    Beograd
    ?

Maybe...

6. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Who are you to determine how long someone else is going to play a game? I don't understand your mentality. You like it, that's great. Others don't. You might feel it's a decent game for what it has, others don't. I'm not sure why you knock others because they don't have the same opinion of the game as you do. Do you see anyone knocking you because you like the game?

Instead of complaining about others not liking the game, can you break down the good things about the game from your perspective?

7. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    I've given this game a good run. It's ok for what it is. It's not gonna be the next NFS Most Wanted unfortunately. Those days are gone (for now) I think. It's all about short burst sessions and item/part collecting.

The graphics are really good. I love the rainy tracks. It really shows off how beautiful the game looks. The controls are pretty much like MW. I've had a few missed swipes or taps, but it's pretty rare.

My biggest gripe is the usual when it comes to some F2P games. The developer makes a relatively simple game into a confusing one with adding all the extra F2P shenanigans. There's quite a bit going on with reputation, parts, blueprints, gas, tickets, ect. It's annoying to keep track of sometimes when all you want to do is race.

It's not going to be for everybody. That's for sure. Like I said before, it's more geared toward casual pick up and play burst sessions and part collecting. The races are short and the timers dwendle down pretty quick. It reminds me a lot of Asphalt Overdrive. It's more like an endless runner (minus the endless part) than it is a racing game most the time. I'd still say it's worth a try and just take it for what it is. It's not a BAD game by any means. It's just not what we are normally used to with the NFS mobile franchise.

Believe me. I'd MUCH rather have another game like Most Wanted, but unfortunately we don't at the moment, but I still say that for what this game is, it's still worth a try.

8. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    God damnit. I was really looking forward to this too. This is the worst thing about gaming to me, when a franchise with a great history just spits all over its legacy by whoring itself out and rifling through your pockets while you play. Think back to The Need for Speed for Panasonic Real 3DO in the 90's and how awesome it was, and then look at what these franchises have become today. Sad.

9. Krieger22

Krieger22 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Male
    Malaysia
    #189 Krieger22, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
    Yes, for an energy system game the energy recharges fast. However, it's still a step down from the previous version of the game.

Yes, the game is decent. However, the game's player-friendliness can't be said to have improved over the previous version. Explanations of the game mechanics are still lacking (the game guide on the Firemonkeys website isn't linked within the game unless you stumble upon it via the in-game support option), and in any case they've increased the grinding needed to unlock ,upgrade and customise your cars. Not too bad an end goal for a free-to-play game, I guess.

And for a companion app, it's a tad lacking. Need for Speed: Most Wanted for mobile allowed time attack competition with your Origin friends who happened to play the game on console or PC. The Need for Speed Network app for Rivals allowed you to have second screen functionality or to aid or hinder friends playing the game via OverWatch. No Limits has none of that. At best, it's a bite-sized, portable version of the game that's due to be released this November.

[​IMG]
    At least the collision physics are still amusingly bad.

If you happen to have a PC up for the task or an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3, I'd recommend the 2010 Hot Pursuit. It goes fairly cheap on sale, and is quite the looker. Customisation in the game is limited to "what factory color do you want your car in", though.

10. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I'm pretty excited for this one. I hope iaps aren't to bad

11. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Haha. I STILL have NFS for my 3DO. That game changed everything for me. I just remember my jaw dropping the first time I played it. I remember playing on the moon in one of the Playstation versions.

I've always been a NFS fan. I have just about every game released (minus PC). I just recently went back and played the old NFS V-Rally games for the PS1. They actually still hold up to this day.

12. Anonomation

#192 Anonomation, Sep 1, 2015

Woah wait

This is still in soft- launch isn't it? I said the game itself improved, I didn't say they made it perfect.

MW 2012 Didn't have customization nor did it have the same level of graphics.

It's not the hard to learn either. You just swipe and tap. How hard is that?

13. Anonomation

#193 Anonomation, Sep 1, 2015

Instead of complaint about a game that many haven't played yet, how about they play it and judge it then. Not specifically you.

I'm not judging how long someone should play the game either. The developers have already done that and if you're playing the game and not giving any direct feedback to the devs you can't complain. Once again, you're not gonna be playing a companion app for that long.

Look at Real Racing 3. People jump to protect that monster of a game and constantly play it, but barely anyone bats an eye.

Why the hell is this problem now, when CANDY CRUSH gets five damn stars?

Since when is freemuim mechanics a problem, after people have constantly badgered me to accept it? Doesn't make any sense and people in these forums are sometimes really ass-backwards.

Not to mention, that's still specifically YOUR problem, not the millions of people playing energy based games right now.

14. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Just for the record, I DID PLAY THIS, so my comments are game based not freemium based. I thought it was boring, race for 50 sec tap a box, upgrade.... Race for 55 sec tap a box, blueprint..,, rinse and repeat.... In my opinion, bored already. The freemium part wasn't too hurtful, though I'll be interested to see it later in the game.
    I play real racing 3 daily, go sift the the forum for it and check my frustrations of that game, the reason I keep coming back to it is In My Opinion,
    It is the best circuit racing game on iOS and I enjoy it (even though the need for gold frustrates the hell out of me). I don't give a crap what others think about my gaming preferences and wether or not they like the same things, I'm sure the won't always agree, but that's fine. Each to their own.... Don't drive angry #

15. Anonomation

I understand that. I said "not specifically you."

My main gripe is the people going

"Welp not touching it NFS is dead."

16. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Fair enough. #

17. mati10940PL

mati10940PL New Member

Sep 2, 2015
    Poland
    When they are going to add decals? I can't find it anymore in modshop.

18. Grimstone82

Grimstone82 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Welp, looks like NFS is dead. Not touching it.

19. Anonomation

#199 Anonomation, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    I like people like you :)
    That's the kind of posts we need here.

20. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #200 oscar123967, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    Redownloaded this 2 days ago and I'm digging it. When I first downloaded it a couple months ago I hated it because I wasnt into the whole casual iOS scene, I wanted a hardcore racer not this. But time passed and I started playing simpler games (mainly CSR2 and Dungeon Boss) on iOS and the more hardcore games on console. This has completely replaced CSR2 for me.

Also, guess who just unlocked the ford from the challenge :cool:

[​IMG]

This guy :D Im about to pimp it up (Which is my favorite part of the game even though its crazy expensive)