Universal Need for Speed™ Most Wanted - (by EA) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Appvism

Appvism Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    UK
    Well i finally completed the game first time round! - that is, made it to the most wanted #1 spot...

2. photogeek133

photogeek133 Member

Dec 19, 2012
    #1022 photogeek133, Mar 10, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
    While I agree that drifting has more benefit for poor handling cars, I feel that learning how to drift in the game will ALWAYS lead to faster times and higher average speeds. Drifting seems to catapult you through turns instead of slowing you down. I've tested this on several cars and found that you will always leave a turn going faster (often 20mph or more, depending on several factors) than if you'd taken a strict racing line without drifting. You maximize your exit speed when you smooth your transition from drifting to a straight line.

I discovered this while trying to drift an entire track. I would often wreck badly at the beginning and all of the cars would be far ahead of me. Then, as I was drifting through all of the turns, I would catch everyone and win the race. Looking at my competitive Speedwall I can tell when someone else perfects the art of drifting because their times and average speeds get significantly better than those who just take a good racing line.

Also, drifting is wonderful for stabilizing your car as you land a jump. It took me forever to figure this out but it's the only way to keep high speed while landing a jump instead of ending up on a guard rail.

Drifting also recharges your nitrous faster so all in all it's a win for everything but absolutely straight lines.

So basically, if you're not drifting, you're missing out on a lot of what makes this game fun and somewhat easy to beat.

3. underage17

underage17 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2012
    Is this for real? Looks like MW with TSM

Attached Files:

4. Appvism

Feb 9, 2013
    UK
    Not that i'm trying to revive this thread, but i'm not on origin and i just got what i feel like a fast time - tell me if this is any good?:

Cameron Dr
    Hit Ride Set Car Bugatti (last race here)
    No mods
    My time: 1.06.64

Is this a good time?

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'd call that very good.

6. Appvism

Feb 9, 2013
    UK
    Yeah, it felt fast and was one of those laps where everything clicked. However, i played some more of this later and beat it! Best time now (no mods) - 1:05.73

7. photogeek133

photogeek133 Member

Dec 19, 2012
    I've got 1:03.14 as my best time but that's with Power Pack and Nitrous Burn mods. I'm fairly certain those mods should be worth more than my 2.59 second advantage so my hat is off to you for that one. Proper racing at it's finest. Well, for a mobile device video game at least.

8. Appvism

Feb 9, 2013
    UK
    Whoa, thats fast! I've been using this race to grind some cash since its fairly quick, hence don't bother spending cash on mods. Plus i have no plans on buying the bugatti - i just don't like the look of that car!

9. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    I wish they'd add more to this game, I like it so much but once you beat it, all you can really do is start over.

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nonetheless, this and Asphalt 7 are by far the best racing games on the appstore. Would've been RR3, but we all know what's keeping it from being the best.

11. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Add Multiplayer to this one and it's the best mobile racing game ever.

12. Jacob007

Jacob007 Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Indiana
    The amount of sparks in this game that you see when you hit something makes me sadistically delighted. I'm not sure if I beat my car up to see the amount of sparks come off of it or the sheer joy knowing I can destroy the vehicle and not have to repair/service it and wait on timers! (RR3, I'm looking at you;))

13. t0panka

t0panka Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Creative Director
    Slovakia
    #1033 t0panka, Apr 30, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
    I want to ask. I start playing this game two days ago because i was busy with RR3 and need little distraction. I see that there is every week some NFS special car (now its Huyara but i just cant right now make money for it). So those NFS cars that i missed are GONE? I cant get them now?

BTW
    Jacob 007 - true dat! .)

14. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    There are 14 NFS cars altogether, and a different one is offered each week, cycling through them then coming back to the first ones again.

15. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    lol I just notice today that you can take out opponents. It's just that I rarely have a chance to do this, other cars are either too slow or too fast compared to mine.

16. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.
    [​IMG]

17. t0panka

Feb 12, 2010
    Creative Director
    Slovakia
    COOL! Thanks for answer i can play hardcore now ... need 2,5mil for that Huyara .)

18. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Okay so I guess what I said wasn't the most awesome quote of the week, but anyway where do you find all these pics? =)

19. t0panka

Feb 12, 2010
    Creative Director
    Slovakia
    google . com ---> "Samuel Jackson GIF"

.)

20. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    No man I mean GIF for forum posts in general like Micheal Jackson eating popcorn or Nicholas Cage laughing and stuffs like that.

Hope nobody minds the off-topic.