Universal Need for Speed™ Most Wanted - (by EA) - Universal App

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 29, 2012.

1. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    Got it thanks. Well 3 hrs does´nt sound that long. I take it you can go back and forth and redo races as you wish tho with upgraded cars and so on?

2. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    You're right. Each race is typically around 1min 30 secs, so yeah its quite fast. You can replay right away or later with better cars (no upgrades!, just new purchases). At the beginning, I went for all gold so I replayed some, but latter on its really difficult getting gold in the speed runs especially. There are cheats (one time performance upgrades) too.

Really good game performance wise. I'd give it a 4/5. Stunning visuals and great controls. Gameplay could have been a lil more deeper. Police could have been more robust too. Still, I'm a nitpicker....get this game, its awesome action!

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#43 Sanuku, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    Best Action Racing Game of the Year 2012 till Real Racing 3 will replace it. The Team at Firemonkeys has reached a Level of Quality with the current Games that let me literally gasp for more and I can`t wait to see Real Racing 3 finally launch on the Appstore considering what I just have played in the last two Hours.

Taking into consideration the fact that we are talking about an Mobile Title with an current Price Tag of NZ $9.99 it`s Madness how well the hole thing turned out after so many Months.

I`ll just pick up one thing that stood out like in the first few Minutes besides the used Graphic Engine that made me raise both of my eyebrows to just show how many great facets the Game might have:

Drifting in Need for Speed Most Wanted...

[​IMG]

The used Drifting System is working so good that I`m asking myself why nobody else have come up with something similar till today since it`s freaking awesome.

Pressing your thumb on the right side of the Screen and then tilt the iDevice left or right will let your Car drift into the direction you want to move your Car. What might sound like something not Special is in my Eyes a Key Feature why the Game does currently arrange on the Throne of the Action Racing Genre.

[​IMG]

In no other Racing Game since Ridge Racer I had so much fun after I did understood how the Drifting is working and I love it so far.

Yes the used Graphic Engine is fast and does look on the newer iDevice fantastic and yes the Game is not Open World and also the A.I is often similar to the One from the first Most Wanted Parts (PC/Console) where it`s get an Boost after it loose some Ground behind you but in the End we are talking here about an Mobile Title that is working on iDevice from 2009 (iPhone 3GS/iPod Touch) too.

That`s something the Team at Firemonkeys had probably to take into account the hole time so the Open World Feature got probably cut out because of that in the first few Days.

Overall this doesn`t change the fact that the Game is Top Notch and worth every Penny EA/Firemonkeys are charging for it. Till Real Racing 3 will finally launch on the Appstore Need for Speed™ Most Wanted is currently the best Racing Game for iOS/Android on the Market.

4. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    About to get hit by the big storm Sandra (east coast US). Hope I still have wifi when this launches!

5. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Torn on this one. The space is a killer and looking back I found all the NFS games on the iOS to be inferior to the Asphalt games (yeah, surprising that Gameloft's racers actually have been better to me so far).

Seems like the impressions so far as positive, though. I'll keep an eye on it.

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#46 Sanuku, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  7. rhljk14

rhljk14 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Swansea, MA
    That's my worry too

8. Solidfart

Solidfart Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Try reading the info for the game for once!

9. chris1a

chris1a Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    Sweden
    If nothing else you know EA are gonna practically give away their games, including this one, come Christmas time just to take over the charts again. So if your unsure about this one I would definitely hold of these last few weeks.

10. Solidfart

Sep 28, 2012
    Vita... Lol.

11. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    So, what you are actually telling me is that you're having a bigger blast with this then Asphalt 7? Because that is -at this moment- my absolute favorite.

Woah you're fast! So cannot wait to get home and drool all over this gameplay video! :D

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Same here...

13. I'm not sure why people are surprised with this game being able to run on the older iPod Touch. Firemint (now Firemonkey) was always good about optimizing games on old hardware, and RR2 was even able to run on the original iPhone iirc. I think I might eventually triple dip on the iOS, Vita, and PS3 versions.

14. Mr. Anon

Mr. Anon Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Going to school
    East Coast, USA
    Is that Burnout Paradise on mobile? Haha it looks exactly the same, same map layout, even same areas that I remember! Hopefully this is almost as good as BP. Sanuku, do you notice all those graphic/chunk failures while playing, like of the pictures of you drifting.

15. Supercupid

Supercupid Active Member

Dec 20, 2011
    I just emptied space to buy this it better be as good as asphalt 7 or I'll be so pissed

16. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Thanks for the review and the video dude. Cannot wait!

17. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Yes I do.

I haven`t seen yet so far any major Graphic/Chunk Failures. What you can see a few Times is an Drop in the Frames during the Intro of the Races when a few Cars so up on the Race Track but nothing similar during the Races itself.

18. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    Now, that's funny. I totally forgot this game had drifting. I saw it in the tutorial, but I never used drifting (nor saw any use for it) in the proceeding 3 hours or so it took me to complete the game.

19. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Different strokes I suppose. I enjoy the Asphalt games but prefer the NFS games. If NFS doesn't hit your buttons then pass or, as another poster noted, wait for a $.99 sale.

20. Solidfart

Sep 28, 2012
    I see this game has real physics and none of the "scripted" stuff like RR2. So far I'm quite impressed. Looks a lot of fun!