Necromancer Rising

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by eggzbacon, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Apple accidentally kicked it out of their system, but they game was fine and ready to be approved, so he resubmitted it so they can hurry and check to make sure everything's still fine, and then it'll be out.
    I'm really interested in this.

One thing I wish you could change is how wimpy all of the shields look in your videos. They're tiny! I'd want a big shield so that I'd be more protected and look more Bad-A. :D

2. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Thanks for the answer, I am really impatient for it to be out since I have been waiting too long.

And I completely agree with the shield, if you look at the equipment screen, it looks fine, but in game, it looks like I am holding a cereal box in defense of sword slashes. What were you thinking soul_dragon? (actually I know precisely what you were thinking, reduce the shield size in order so that the player can see more of the screen, but still Com'on, our perception of a shield is usually a big metal plate slightly larger then your body, not a flat carton of milk with a handle attached to it). Sorry if it seems mean, but that was the number one thing that turned me off from the game, after seeing the video, the only flaw really, and one that is easily fixable, I think. I want this game and wish it to do well on release, so I am not being mean. You put so much effort into this to let a small aesthetic thing deter potential customers.

Anxiously awaiting release,
    Sukal

3. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Actually, those are only the shields at the beginning of the game. I got to use the dev tools to skip to the later levels and test them, and the weapons get alot bigger and awesomer, and your shields and gear just become insane. There's swords with 2 blades on them... yeah, awesome stuff. Trust me, you'll like it later on.

4. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Saaaweet! :D I'm really wanting this now. Looks for sure worth 6 bucks. Haha I'm glad that we're finally getting away from casual games. I don't know if you can say, but can you beat the game? Like, how long will it take to get all the way to the bottom of the dungeon?

5. motitas

motitas Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    its 7$ he told me just now. well I'm gonna get it

6. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    From what I played, it's going to be a good while. It's got a ton of quests. I think there's about 5-8 tiers if I'm right, and each has a lot of quests for you to do. I didn't get to test the storyline quests, but even the side quests we tested gave us a good amount of gameplay. I don't think I got past the 2nd floor honestly.

7. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Could you post a pic of the later equipments please? Or just the guy holding a bigger shield if you want. That will prove it to me. Thanks.

8. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    #48 Somerandomdude, Jan 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2010
    Umm... I'll see if I can this weekend. Gotta edit the .mobileprovision file to allow my new iPod to use it, then get there and take a screen. It wouldn't be much trouble, just need some time to do so.

9. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Wait, there are sidequests?!? I thought this was a straight up dungeon crawler to get to the bottom and kill the evil lord or whatever. This is awesome! I really hope it comes out this weekend! Why isn't this getting more responses? This looks like an epic game for the iPod!(fits in with ravensword, infinity project, spider, etc. But not just as a small groups game, but it also looks fetchin sweet.)

10. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere

I'm not sure how it's going to be in the retail version, since we only tested these side quests, but they're pretty much typical side quest material of killing, collecting, and boss battles. It really works well from the beta testing and is a good way to level up without grinding. Plus the monk (quest giver dude) is always in reach since you have a teleport to village spell from the beginning.

11. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    such a loyal beta tester... willing to help in anyway just to lure in one more sale.

Bravo.:)

12. motitas

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    New blog post says that it's about to be approved by apple I hope it's out this weekend

13. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Lol yeah... it's just such an awesome game and so much hard work has been put into it that I don't think something as small as shield models should turn someone away from it.

14. motitas

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    you can edit the UDID in mobile provision files? how do I do that I wanna make my old betas available to my new touch.

15. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Any luck with those screenies?

16. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Oh crap I totally forgot! I'll go do it right now. I have to download the build again, so this could take a bit. Sorry about that.

17. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Well, idk if I should be saying this pubicly... I'm afraid that someone might abuse it and make it so that all their friends can test the game as well... Good/bad idea guys?

18. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    It's not really that hard =/

19. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Don't. Tell. Anyone.

20. Somerandomdude

May 31, 2009
    Somewhere
    Good idea. We don't need this knowledge to fall into the wrong hands... Should that happen betas would be able to go public and then what would be the point of beta testing, let alone selling the game?

It's not that hard to figure out though.