Universal NBA LIVE Mobile (by Electronic Arts)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by BobbyBuckets, Feb 18, 2016.

1. BobbyBuckets

BobbyBuckets Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Game is almost certainly going to be released June 25

2. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This game is actually really good, plus it plays much smoother than 2k16 on my 5s.

3. Electrolite82

Electrolite82 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Musician
    Belfast
    I agree,Very pleasantly surprised with this.

4. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Jup, I'm addicted. Great graphics, the energy system is very generous, IAP isn't needed (just grinding), the gameplay is solid, controls are fine and I always have that "just one more game" feeling. Nice!

5. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Love these new EA Mobile sports games. I must say. I'm glad they have struck a balance of fun vs. monetization. I have only spent $25 on some starter cards and feel that's adequate. The auction house is a frenzy. I didn't play Madden when it first launched but have played extensively now and the economy there is pretty stable and conservative, whereas I'm getting tremendous amounts of money out of mediocre silver and gold cards on NBA Live. I'd imagine as the game settles in it'll find its own Zen.

Another reason for the higher prices of cards, I think, is the multiple line-up rosters (small ball, big man etc.) you can't just take say a Paul George small forward, and throw him on your squad. You have to pick and choose who'll fit on what roster and in being so specific, people are willing to pay those extra coin amounts to specialize their rosters.

I can see myself playing this game until EA closes the doors. It brings back the feeling I had as an avid sports card collector as a kid. There's something very appealing about spending 7500 coins and opening the pack to find an elite Kyrie Irving there for the taking or auctioning. Kind of puts me in the shoes of my 26 year younger self opening a pack of cards and finding a Michael Jordan or Larry Bird. Well worth the price to play.

Richard

6. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Good post Richard, I totally agree with you.

7. Faemanx

Faemanx Active Member

Dec 9, 2011
    ill tell you what PISSES me off about this game. SEVERAL times ive been skinned down the middle with them dunking on me with seemingly no intelligent AI defending when im off the ball. seriously thinking about deleting this money grab of a game. SURE let them try and dunk on me ok. patch in some DEF and OFF plays in a future update. but no they wont do that because they want to spend money and time to buy crappy players. nice strategy EA glad to see FIFA or MADDEN arent in the top 100 grossing on the aussie app store i wonder why. the only game i like of theirs is the UFC game and probably the only one. this will sink to to the bottom before to long as well.

8. Jakeopp

Jakeopp Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Game is way too freemium to be enjoyable at all. Can hardly play before using up the entire energy bar. The H2H matchmaking has been pathetic in my experience. Matching against all gold teams and some gold+elite teams while I have 3 golds, a bronze, a silver. As a new player with mostly bad players in my lineups many of the events can be tricky to beat. Gameplay on offense feels very limited and passing is clumsy. (Since it's a mobile game that's to be expected though)

I even managed to fail a dunking challenge with a 7 foot tall Andrew Bogut because he kept going for layups instead of dunks...even though he was right in front of the hoop

9. {SQUEEK}

{SQUEEK} Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Lol and i thought my defense was the only pathetic one. That and rebounding.

I love and hate this game