NBA live 11 (new retina display pictures! Due Oct 26)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sodsoulja1222, Sep 28, 2010.

?

Who is going to win the nba season this year?

1. Boston celtics

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Orlando Magic

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Miami Heat

6 vote(s)
    31.6%
  4. Los Angeles Lakers

8 vote(s)
    42.1%
  5. Oklahoma Thunder

3 vote(s)
    15.8%
  6. Cleveland Cavaliers

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  1. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    You haven't been here long, have you? I'd say there's been bigger stuff than those three games ;)

2. Sodsoulja1222

Sodsoulja1222 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    I have recently asked eamobile for any news on nba live 11:

http://twitter.com/EAmobile

'The game is still in development. When we have more information we will be sure to post about it.'

3. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    i should be excited by now,i really love basketball games
    NBA Live 10 was good for the first plays but doesn't really satisfied me
    but i think 11 will be much better especially if they'll do what they did to FIFA 11
    major major upgrade on the graphics but with that, i won't be able to play this too :D

4. DrMonkey

DrMonkey Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    You'll be eating those words when Enviro-bear 2011 gets announced. D:<

5. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    :eek:

6. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    get an ipod touch 4 kababayan.. hehehe it will be worth upgrade i think its only 14k in a store somewhere in roosevelt. :cool:

7. strato g

strato g Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    This is awesome news! I really hope that EA goes all out on this one, with lots of good animations and maneuvers, cut scenes ( like FIFA 11 ), practice mode, instant replays, game highlights, game intros, season management features, lots of menu options and full commentary, like FIFA 11 ( instead of sound bites like most app store sports games ). Judging from Madden NFL 11 and FIFA 11, I'm sure the graphics will be pretty nice.

If this is done right, it could potentially offset the initial failure of the NBA Elite franchise. This is mainly because the app store is currently without a strong basketball title. I was hopeful for NBA 2K11, since NHL 2K11 popped up on the app store, but someone already said they got an inside scoop that it's not in the works this year. What a shame!

8. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    For 6.99 or 9.99, it ain't gonna happen. You want a fully featured, true console-quality version of NBA Live then pay 59.99 for it, like everyone else does, and buy the console version. It's beyond ridiculous to expect what you are asking here for $10 or less. It's laughable, to be honest. For 1/6 the price (that's if they charge 6.99, which is most likely) you are going to recieve 1/6 the content. I don't know why this surprises anyone.

9. micgao

micgao Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Because the prices in the appstore are so low people expect too much... my friend spends 15$ on a Justin Bieber album (crazy guy i know) and doesnt want to spend 1$ on an app.

10. strato g

Jun 23, 2009
    I completely get your logic, however my expectations have nothing to do with price. My expectations are based on what the devices are now capable of. The 4G devices are well capable of handling all the above listed features, that is if developers took the time. The games on the app store are steadily getting better. But as nice as they are, the best are still yet to come. Due to Apple releasing a new device every year, we've never gotten to see any of the ipod / iphones capabilities fully maximized. As far as I'm concerned, Apple could stop upgrading the hardware for the next couple of years. That would give developers time to work with and perfect software compatibility. We would then get better quality games with less glitches leading to customer complaints. If this was the case, I would have no problem at all paying a minimum of $10 per game.

11. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    really? only 14k?
    didn't know it's already available in our country
    but right now,what i really want is an iPhone 4 and i don't know how to get one without selling our house :p

12. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    #32 goiMot, Oct 6, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
    new screenshots from TouchAholics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    OF course no-one expects a fully featured console version, it is a phone afterall. But you're definitely not getting 1/6 of the content, do you realise how much that is? One of the main reasons iPhone games cost less is because of distribution, since there's not many costs when it comes to iPhone distribution then devs can easily afford to charge less than console/hard copy versions. This has become a trend as well so if a totally full featured console quality game appeared but was priced at say $20 not many people would buy it because of the price

14. jjjmedia

jjjmedia Well-Known Member

May 27, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Oh, man, already looks light years better than the last game. Looking forward to this! Hope they have Jordan as an unlockable this year.

15. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

16. Sodsoulja1222

Sodsoulja1222 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
  17. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I think NBA 2K has that locked up this year.

18. TNT_HEADSHOT

TNT_HEADSHOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Yay for Retina:D

19. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Looks like the same FIFA 11 engine to me(no 2nd gen support?)

20. strato g

Jun 23, 2009
    No offense, but you've gotta step your game up! The only way to increase the quality of games is to start developing exclusively for the newer devices.