Apple TV NBA 2K16 TV Edition

Discussion in 'Apple TV Games' started by Spindler, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Spindler

Spindler Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
  2. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    I'm pretty disappointed that they decided to make this separate app you have to pay $10 for. 2K16 is awesome, but I can't justify paying another $10 to play it on Apple TV when I already bought it for my iPhone and iPad. If it was $10 originally and that's how I could access it on Apple TV I would have been fine with it. I hope this doesn't become a trend with developers. Charge more for an app, but don't make people pay to access on different devices.

3. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
  4. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    So this tvOS version is just a simply port from the ios? That's shameless when they can do it universal
    My last 2k game played was the sega dreamcast version and I was going to buy this lol

5. Spindler

Dec 17, 2008
    aren't most apple tv games?

6. jayplay

jayplay Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 21, 2015
    Entrepreneur
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Some titles started out as Apple TV 'exclusives', like Rayman Adventures, but found their way onto iOS.

To me it's one unified platform and I always prefer having universal apps, but I can understand developers trying to establish the Apple TV/living room experience as a more 'premium/console-like' and therefore aim for a higher price point, which is totally legit. Chariot is a good example. If I'm not mistaken, it's an ATV exclusive for 9,99 $ -- which is still 5 bucks cheaper than the identical console version on Wii U or PS4.

I'm totally fine with MFi controller enabled premium games between 5 or 20 $ on Apple TV. :)

7. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Agreed . I just wanna know if this game at least have local multiplayer for two ?

been needing to buy more multiplayer games since heaps of friends started hopping around my place

I have bought Riptide GP: renegade and it's stunning ! It works so smooth wether split screen four player or online game session

8. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Yeah does anyone know if this has local multiplayer?

9. Spindler

Dec 17, 2008
    it doesn't