Universal NBA 2K16 (by 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Kraudi2k, Oct 14, 2015.

1. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    #61 islesfan, Oct 16, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    Again, I don't have Bioshock, but I have NHL 2K12 and NHL 2K as well as NBA 2K12, 13, 14, 15, and 16. They all work fine. So does WW2K and XCOM. I see no reason to boycott 2K. They give us full games not freemium crap. We should support that! I'm so glad I'm an NHL and NBA fan. I couldn't care less about NFL or FIFA, so I don't have to deal with what EA did to those franchises! At least I don't have to hope for a Brook Lopez card or an energy drink in order to play this game!

2. And_75

And_75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    L.A.
    #62 And_75, Oct 16, 2015
    let it go. 2K already released an official statment saying they are workig on a fix. Can you just give them time to fix it?? Relax

Now, back to NBA 2K16, unfortunately I have encountered a major bug. I have been playing with no issue since launch. Quick games, season mode and career all worked fine. Today, the game crashes every time I start a quick game. I have no idea what's causing this. I did hard reset but didn't fix it. Strange thing is that no matter what teams I select, the loading screen always shows a player of the knicks and then crashes (lol, the knicks are a disgrace)
    Season and my career still work fine. I'm afraid to delete and reinstall because I don't want to lose the save files.

Anyone else has this?

3. Jmartinez41

Jmartinez41 Member

Sep 19, 2014
    Anyone else have this?:(

http://imgur.com/5h2Z1of

4. fight owens fight

fight owens fight New Member

May 20, 2015
    Like this game a lot. The menus are much much much improved, like a lot of the minor gameplay improvements....aside from one thing..

Defense is much harder to me to play. In 2k15, u can hold down the intense D button at will which allowed you to easily sprint when needed to and D up when needed. This game, they switched it to a toggle mode which makes it hard to switch on the fly. Found myself in "defense mode" on fast breaks instead of sprint mode too often. They probably did it so that you don't obscure the screen with your finger, but the previous way made defense much more intuitive.

Secondly, I don't like how when on offense, you can't jump when you don't have the ball (my career), I can't for the life of me figure out how to do an offensive rebound. Wish there was an option to run the 2k15 control scheme.

I'm using an iPhone 5 and the game runs fine for me. Occasional slowdown, but nothing crazy to me.

5. aear

aear New Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Did you use iCloud download the game? This happens to me when I bought the game on my ipad air and download from cloud on iphone 5. But after upgrade to ios9.0.2 and remove the app and redownload, it's fine for me. I think it's the iclould app thinning bug mentioned by apple.

6. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Support quality for old game on every platform:

2K > Capcom > Gameloft >>>>>>EA

2K is just not so good and not so bad.

EA will shut down some game server within a few years on console game.
    And maybe use those servers for new games.:)

But I still want EA to develop a new Red Alert and Star War Battlefront game on mobile device.
    because nowadays the CPU and GPU of mobile device is so powerful.

7. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  8. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    anyone here with an iPhone 5s playing the game? how was it?

9. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Did 2k remove nba 2k15 only wondering wanted to grab that one

10. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Perfect except for the play by play announcer.

11. fight owens fight

fight owens fight New Member

May 20, 2015
    It's weird...NBA 2k12 had way better commentary. It has regressed year to year

12. Rmanluther

Rmanluther Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2012
    How about on a 5c and iPad 3?

13. tobidayao

tobidayao Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2013
    Philippines
    just updated to iOS 9. Now will download 2k16 and give feedback using my 5s too.

14. _mean.13

_mean.13 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2014
    If your wondering where's Emmanuel mudiay, well he's in the free agents. So just go to season then the free agents pool, after that go find him and sign him to the nuggets click finished and it should save the roster for the whole game! Wierd right?

15. Deckard74

Deckard74 Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I'm curious about this too, can a complete NBA noob who hasn't watched a single full game of basketball in his life also enjoy this?

16. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    #77 Freeway82, Oct 16, 2015
    Honestly I don't see any difference between this and NBA 2k15.

If anything, the character model in 2k15 looks crispier and better detailed and 2k15 gameplay seems more fast paced but it could just be me.

And how come 2k16 doesn't have a dribble button and player auto switch like 2k15?

17. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Certainly and I have found video games as a good way to learn about sports I'm not as familiar with like cricket or rugby.
    But yeah I think so just make sure to read about the controls and learn those and realize you may get beat real bad at first :) but you can figure it out the game itself isn't too complicated.

18. _mean.13

_mean.13 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2014
    I think this was a huge upgrade from last year

19. And_75

And_75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    L.A.
    Dribbling is now on the right stick, try making a circle with it and it should do a spin dribble for example. Players models are so much better now than 2k15, higher textures, better light reflection. I can see the crowd and maybe the courts are not much different but the players are, and you can see it better during close ups