Universal NBA 2K15 (By 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Perseus

Perseus Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    #81 Perseus, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
    Coming back to my earlier post. Sprinting all the time makes defending very tricky. Often I overshoot or run out of steam when most needing a burst. Really annoying. Takes alot if the strategy out of the game. And dribbling still annoys me. I want to bust out advanced moves. All in all: please add another control stick to the right and perhaps shoulder buttons on the top of the screen. It would also be fun if you could play your own music playlist ala GTA!
    Also: is there anyway to hook this up to my 2k account so I can earn VC for my PC version?

Edit: is it me or is taking this game more and more space on my iPhone?

2. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I've noticed that too. It was 2.2Gb when installed and it is up to 2.7gb today.

As for the sprinting, it is difficult with the virtual controller, but if you move less in the direction of where you want to go, your player walks instead.

3. squall101403

squall101403 Active Member

May 9, 2012
    How do you make plays like pick and roll

4. Perseus

Jun 29, 2013
    Yeah I actually found that out not long after my post. Increasing the UI mkaes it a little easier, but then I lose alot of my view on the court. I understand it's a tricky feature to implement because of the lack of shoulder buttons, but perhaps a speed toggle or double tapping/flicking the stick should work. Really missing the refined movement you get on the PC/console versions. Wouldn't mind some transparancy settings either.

The game is increasingly becoming a HD hog. What's up with that 2K?

5. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Yep. For me the memory footprint is 1,8gb for the game and the game document and settings is 800mb when it was around 150 in the beginning. The weird is that every time I play for sometime into " my career" I lose almost 200 mb of extra memory. For now I'm ok because I have plenty of space but I'm a little bit curious where this thing gonna go after days of playing!

6. islesfan

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    No. It is supposed to, but I just tried it with my Logitech PowerShell, and it didn't work. Kinda disappointing. 2K14 was really cool with the controller. Maybe they will add it in an update?

7. lyace21

lyace21 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    To be honest, the only trouble I've had with framerate has been during the cutscenes before the game and right between the tipoff and the actual start of the gameplay. During those two parts it kinda freezes for a few seconds but during the gameplay it runs at full speed with no frame drops on my 5c. Weird huh? /:

8. zRebornX

zRebornX New Member

Oct 10, 2014
    it runs smoother if i disconnect from wifi :)

9. arcturuz

arcturuz Active Member

Feb 26, 2013
    i agree, it was released half completed with many options not yet available

but the worst thing is to release it without any net animations

to me net animations is one of the most crucial aspect of a basketball game, giving you a sense of satisfaction when the ball is in

10. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    If they do fix the bugs in this completely it will be one of the best if not, the best game released so far this year. At least in the sports genre. Haven't bothered to try to play it anymore and am just waiting hopefully for a quick update.

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    The net thing makes this a no buy for me really.

12. Perseus

Jun 29, 2013
    Any news on this Sam?

And scoring still carries the same satisfaction for me, moving net or no. I think it's more in the sound than the movement. Swish!

13. islesfan

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    #93 islesfan, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
    For me it is more a matter of what to do next. If I don't see the net move, I assume a miss and I go for the rebound.

14. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    For now it seems to stopped growing at around 770-790 mb on documents and settings. Before the last match the space was 791 and after went down to 774 so let's hope this is the case.

15. Perseus

Jun 29, 2013
    Good point. If walking was easier it would be a moot point (I'm assuming you want to know if you scored so you can run back to your own court and not waste energy running for rebounds that don't happen)

@Sam: sounds like they need to up the req diskspace by +/- 1gb. Thanks for the info. I wonder what is taking up so much info. Can't imagine it's some sort of log on the season. Also wonder if it starts to increase again when you any other mode.

16. And_75

And_75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    L.A.
    Could it be the highlights that are shown between quarters and at half time? That's footage from your game that needs to be stored somewhere

17. Perseus

Jun 29, 2013
    Can't imagine it needing a buffer that big. But maybe it's a compilation of things like that.

18. jaysraptors_to

jaysraptors_to Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2014
    I am a huge fan of the NBA and I think it is awesome that 2k is making games for iOS.

However I am a bit saddened by the fact that 2k can not make good NBA 2K games for iOS. They are laggy and crash prone according to what I have read online and they have still have the nerve to charge a reasonably high price(for iOS games anyway)

I don't mind paying $8 for a game, just make it work well!

:mad:

19. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Disabled action replays. the game runs a lot better now :D

20. tide

tide Active Member

Oct 19, 2014
    now this is 2k showing ea how its done.u upgrade not downgrade the follow up to a successful title