Universal NBA 2K15 (By 2K)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Oct 16, 2014.

1. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Yeah, ever hopefull, I thought I'd see, thanks Mess

2. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    The game is really great and the character animation is top notch but the framerate is horrible on my iPad Mini 2. It slows to a crawl.

I don't know why devs refuse to properly optimise their games for the iPad Mini 2 and iPad Air. They optimise for iPhones and that's it.

3. arcturuz

arcturuz Active Member

Feb 26, 2013
    finally bought the app

graphics and gameplay experience is leaps and bounds over nba2k14

however the frame rate is not very smooth on the ip6+ and net animations are almost non-existent.

4. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Yep, smooth it will be probably for now only on Ipad Air 2

5. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Picked it up and it works flawlessly on my 5s:D you weren't kidding about the battery drain hahah
    Apparently there will be updates because there are a few game modes that are locked
    I am a little disappointed that there are no midgame saves in mycareer. The console version has that, why doesn't this one?:confused:

6. Neddy F

Neddy F Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    I found the speed change (to 65) ironed out some of the lag on iPad Air.

7. Perseus

Perseus Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2013
    I buckled and got it. Really liking the game sofar. I'm not sure if anyone from 2K is watching but I have a few pointers already. Missing a hold to sprint button instead of having the player sprint all the time. I love the element of having to conserve energy on the console/PC version and being able to place a well timed sprint. Also: why not add a second d-pad on the right for dribble moves/advanced shooting. Unless I'm missing something, you're not able to do these advanced moves? Also: please add the option for graphical tweaks like simplifying or even completely disableing the crowd.

If I come up with anything else I'll let you know.

8. vls3bo200

vls3bo200 New Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Iphone 5 feedback

Hi,
    I have tried NBA2K15 on my iphone 5 and .. it works.
    I've tried the default camera only (press camera) and both quickgames and my players are playable.
    Ok it's maybe not as smooth as it can be on ip6, but you actually can play it, and it doen't feel buggy or strange.

First impression, a lot of graphical changes from previous version (I've tried them all if I remember correctly) and gameplay feels more alive.

But I've not found any way to call for a screen or for a specific play.
    So if you play Griffin / LBJ / other finisher, that could be ok, but if you wanna play a passer PG or a pick & roll pass, you can't initiate any offense... It's very sad, even more that when you're on offense without ball, the drilbble button changes for a set screen button and yes... you can set a screen.
    I can't believe there isn't a way to call for a screen or something.. do anyone know how ?
    I've search the net for control list, but nothing pops up.. even 2K support is as empty as Josh Smith 3pts made average stat line.. :eek:

More feedback on the gameplay when i'll have tried it more.

And for the battery performance.. 3 games sucked about 50% of my battery, with only nba2K running on the phone (wifi and 3G/4G connection switched on)

9. vls3bo200

vls3bo200 New Member

Oct 17, 2014
    Yes it does...
    and runs correctly on a Ip5 16gb (you have some freezes at the start of the game, but in game action runs consistently)

10. chitty007

chitty007 Active Member

Jan 17, 2013
    My 6 plus runs it really Smooth except the beginning toss etc. I'm loving this game.

11. And_75

And_75 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2009
    L.A.
    Anyone noticed the funny dude who screams "OH NOOOO" like they are murdering him, whenever you miss a basket??

This games needs an option to call "plays" at least on offense. It also needs a better dribbling system. Would also love to be able to pass to a specific player by just touching him. That would be the equivalent of icon pass on console

It wouldn't hurt to have alternate jerseys as well, but i guess I'm spoiled ;)

Still, this is a breakthrough game in the mobile series.

12. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    That's the one thing I noticed that is a little annoying. Often, you can't tell if you scored by watching the net. You can only tell by what happens next. If they set up out of bounds, I assume it went in. The scoreboard is too small to read on my 5s, so I go by player behavior.

13. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I kinda miss the one touch controls from time to time. Gamepad can get frustrating. As for third jerseys, being a Nets fan I'd have to say NO! Have you seen those awful Dodgers jerseys they wear on Blue Night? Ugh!

14. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Gonna go a little against the grain, but I'm not a diehard b-ball fan anyways.
    There was quite a bit of framerate slow down on iphone 6+, which is amazing as this is supposedly apples current top end device.
    Also, yeh ok the graphics are cool, though still manages to be a bit rough around the edges. Though what more can I expect, the graphics are still by large very good.
    My gameplay wise disgruntlement is that maybe these games are becoming so real, that it's loosing touch with the ability of the gamer (myself), to use the onscreen controls THAT accurately. Every attempt to steal the ball or reject a shot in defense lead to a foul. I know it's almost like that in real life in some games, it can just be a foul-athon. But it seriously got annoying.
    And then passing. Sometimes I'll pass to where I intended and sometimes not.
    I dunno, I've played NBA in the past, even on ios, and it just felt like you have more control in the older ones. Even if in real life it was more like a foul in the way you stole the ball, it seems like this game won't let you get away with as much, making it quite frustrating.

I got a refund on this one.
    It's not my thing anyway, as you can no doubt tell.

15. squall101403

squall101403 Active Member

May 9, 2012
    Works fine on my ipad mini 2. Just set game speed to 60. Noticed that freethrow animation cant be skipped and you have to wait for the referee to throw you the ball

16. ferolac

ferolac Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Dose the game also lags on iOS 8? because i am playing it on ipad mini 2, ios 7

17. RomanReigns

RomanReigns Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Works well on my 5s..lags at the beginning of the match but it settles down.abt to try on ipad air

18. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    #79 worldcitizen1919, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    Where is the game speed setting? I advised someone to change it then couldn't find it again? I'd really like to play this.
    I found it but it still lags and freezes but so do other games since ios 8.

19. shankar

shankar Active Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I have this game on my iPhone 5s on 8.0.2

I tried setting the game speed to 60 but still it lags

Anyone with the same config ?