Nanostudio or Beatmaker 2?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by EfratBarTal, Jun 6, 2012.

1. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    Hey guys,

I'm considering buying one of these. I tend to go with NS, but would like to read some opinions. Which would/did you pick, and why?

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Nanostudio hands down.

Then again, I'm a synth head. ;)

Beatmaker 2 is a good app, and makes a better sampler, but it's install is HUGE (you're stuck with their default samples) and I just don't like the UI as much as NS. It does have some more filters/effects.

OTOH, Nanostudio has synths! It also has Synthstation 25 support, and a developer who has been much more receptive to customer feedback.

If you go poking around the TA thread for Pitman, you might be able to find the link to the music I contributed to that game, which I did with NanoStudio. ;)

3. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    pitman is a great game and all the project's personnel did a great job making it!

i somehow had a feeling that you will be the first to respond to this thread because i dug up some old threads about music-making apps and you were quite active in them as well! :) thanks for the elaborate response, definitely going to take your opinion into account in the moment of truth.