iPad NanoFighter is OUT!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Phil_Synowiec, May 14, 2009.

1. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    The controls look similar to Dropship and oh my... the description is hillarious:

The game is based in the future. The world leader has fallen sick, and has ordered you and many others to be shrunk to a microscopic size and injected in his bloodstream.

lol

2. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

Love the storyline :D

3. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Sounds like Osmosis Jones

4. renton

renton Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2008
    freelance design
    california
    there is game just like this on the xbox360/'power up forever'... you are shrunk down, and start off fighting the smallest virii, then everytime you beat the boss virus you are a bit bigger/travel up a level in the drop of water your fighting in.. then you fight bigger and bigger virii from there...

5. Beezle

Beezle Active Member

Apr 25, 2009
    Kids :)

This sounds like Isaac Asimov's 'Fantastic Voyage'.

6. armoredisamu

armoredisamu Active Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Heh, you beat me to it Beezle. At moments like these, I remember how old I am getting (currently 33 and counting :p).

And after all these years, I am still frustrated how Hollywood can not make a proper movie on any of Asimov's brilliant novels that I hold so dear to me... :mad: (and, no, 'I, Robot' do not event start to count!)

7. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    +1 , hollywood should drop everything and spend 10 years making the Foundation series ! That would be awesome if they didn't screw it up and miss the point like they did with 'I, Robot'. Lol

8. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    I was all set to buy [app]Anomaly[/app] and then this came out. :mad:

There's a good chance that at least one them will drop in price now.

9. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    What a stupid icon.

Game looks good though

10. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Hey, I'm 36 and I probably would have come up with Osmosis Jones before Fantastic Voyage. Personal tastes, I guess :p

11. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
  12. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Review: NanoFighter falls short of saving anyone

Martin Short and Dennis Quaid…how are they related to the shooter NanoFighter? The movie “Inner Space” was a movie about a hypochondriac who’s accidentally injected with a miniaturized test pilot. Of course, Fantastic Voyage is a classic film that had a similar premise. NanoFighter adopts a similar storyline, but unfortunately, the game suffers from limited options and an inoperable condition—lack of depth.

In NanoFighter, the world leader has fallen ill, and you’re a miniaturized pilot injected into his bloodstream to rid fight the microscopic invaders. The sad thing is that this is the most exciting part of NanoFighter.

The game is divided into one minute levels with each level becoming increasingly difficult. How many levels are there? It doesn’t really matter since each level is the same. The game consists of touch controls: the left pad controls the ship’s movement, while right pad provides directional shooting. A bomb button is provided in the middle and lists the number of available bombs. A health bar is located in the top right-hand corner. Special bonus packs are located throughout and provide shields, weapons or bombs. The game offers local and online scores. I found the controls generally responsive, but there may be a slight learning curve for some.

NanoFighter includes a Training option that runs through the controls, and Mission option that includes the story about the world leader falling ill.

At the beginning of each level, a list of microscopic enemies is provided such as white blood cells, parasites and viruses and a new one is added at each level. The game is flawed in that you have a minute to play each, and if you have any health left, you automatically move to the next level. In addition, the game does not save the last level you completed so you start over each time. But ultimately, it makes no difference because each level looks the same.

In general, if you’re looking for a basic “no frills” shooter, then NanoFighter is that game. But honestly, there are better shooters with considerably more depth and more replayability.

Albie Meter: 3 stars (average)—repetitive gameplay and lackluster presentation

13. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    We should have a Big Albie thread for your reviews. Also for some other valued forum members who write solid reviews.

And thanks for this one too :)

14. DieseliPhone

DieseliPhone Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2009

Virii - love it!!! :)

15. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    This game is addictive. After unlocking all the "saves" I started playing from first level till as far as I can get (got to 39 from 26), and I got to 37. I sincerely wish there was a hard mode though :p

Then I got bored and wanted to see the world score, and I didn't know I HAD to submit mine before I can see it. So now I'm at top 1 out of 88 (yeah, that's not really much, and the game just got out not long ago) :p I bet most of you would have higher scores anyways if you submitted to world score.

16. Chumbake

Chumbake Well-Known Member

I was so thinking of innerspace when I heard the premise! You beat me to it BigAlbie.

17. parranoya

parranoya Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2008
    The thing I get paid for
    CANADIA
    Well who knew that the WBC's were bad for you ----I kept bouncing into them thinking hey ---how can they be bad ----and kept killing the centipede like bugs ---- very simple but I can see this takign a while to beat.....great game if you like them ---dual stick control just liek iDracula. Fun for about 2 days. Where iDracula kept me playing for a week...The Quest kept me playing for 3 weeks...and Rogue Touch ----well--- have not stopped yet.

18. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    Yeah, since you're a foreign object inside the body, they'd attack you too. I didn't even know they were that until I started paying attention to the enemy chart :p

19. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Lackluster presentation? I thought the stills looked pretty nice...