iPad NANO Price Drop $1.99 -> $.99

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by rustcycle, Feb 25, 2009.

1. rustcycle

rustcycle Member

Jan 16, 2009
    software engineer
    Colorado
    #1 rustcycle, Feb 25, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  2. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I feel like no one will regret this purchase. If you're in the mood, this will pay for itself in like 5 minutes, if you're not, then you probably won't like it. You know what i mean

3. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    what is this???

looks like a spawn illuminate game

4. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Well you pulled me over. I'll let you know what I think later after I've played nano a bit.

5. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    I know the dev must hate this, but most people compare it to playauditorium.com (Auditorium) But basically it's a game where you probably should have headphones on, as it is ambience based. You try to get bits of energy into certain nodes... i'm so bad at describing this, but you use your finger to steer them into the nodes, and it feels as if you're guiding bits of mercury or something, it's really responsive..

This was based on an art installation, if i'm correct, and this is the direct implementation. It's fun to have a background story to the game.

If you like Newtonica 1, then you'll probably like this game.. As long as you plan on listening to the game (gameplay influences the ambiance) then you would like this! Hope this helps

6. iGecko

iGecko Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Film student, photographer
    Montreal
    I messed around with the lite version a bit ago and I was impressed. The gameplay definitely confused me, but the music and ambiance pulled me in. One of those "I'm not sure what I'm doing but I can't stop doing it" game. It might be even more relaxing than Zen Bound! I hesitated a lot, but I think I'll pick it up at 99 cents. Might help me unwind!

7. rustcycle

rustcycle Member

Jan 16, 2009
    software engineer
    Colorado
    #7 rustcycle, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
    Doesn't bother me at all - I like PlayAuditorium, it's very well done - I'll take that as a compliment!

Forgive me for getting off-topic, but since you brought up PA I wanted to mention that I actually have another music-centric game in the works. Where NANO is more ambient, this new title will feel more rhythmic, perhaps more like PA in some ways. Before I can devote much energy to this new music game, I need to finish the Rustcycle and Edifice albums (still a few months away) and two FORMation titles. Without giving away too much, the material from those albums will be manipulated throughout the game...a bit of rock (Edifice), a bit of electronica (Rustcycle)....

An Edifice track, Biomachines: http://edificemusic.com/bio-3-5-08-dry.mp3 - and a live YouTube clip of that song - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVQsB_xH-hA

A Rustcycle track, The Vaulted Blue: http://rustcycle.com/a11_vaulted.mp3

(These tracks are still in production)

The installation isn't quite done yet - only so many hours in the day, only so much caffeine a human can take :) I'll post pictures when its set up...

8. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    LOL. I still haven't gotten around to getting this. I have a growing laundry list of apps I need to buy. *Groans*
    I only got the lite version to give feedback on some sort of error that people were getting.

9. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    aren't you impressed with my research/memory?? :p

10. rustcycle

rustcycle Member

Jan 16, 2009
    software engineer
    Colorado
    Quite!!

11. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    That is great news, you've caught my interest. Can't wait to hear more about it hopefully in the months to come. ^ ^