iPad Nano Fighter 2.1 and Nano Fighter FREE - finally out!

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PDJApps, Jul 5, 2009.

1. PDJApps

PDJApps Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    #1 PDJApps, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
    Hello all!

Apple has FINALLY approved the new version of Nano Fighter, as well as the free version :)

iTunes link for FREE version
    This has the first 10 levels and no online scoring but should give you a good idea of what it's all about.

iTunes link for FULL version
    This is the full game with 70 unique levels and a new baddie ;)
    (Screenshots and description in iTunes are not updated yet it seems)

Many of the changes for this version came directly from suggestions I received here, so thank you guys :)

I'm offering promo codes in exchange for reviews, comments, and suggestions. Hopefully it'll help boost popularity like it did last time. PM me if you're interested.

The top 25 scores for the old version can be found at www.nanofighter.net. They are now locked in!

2. Veratek

Veratek Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    VERATEkĀ®
    washington
  3. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    I've sent a PM, and I have to say after all the hype from TA, I must give it a try.

4. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    O
    M
    G

lol.

I'm so happy!

5. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    #5 reinhart_menken, Jul 5, 2009
    Thank you god.

Edit: Hmm...not shown on appstore :(

Edit 2: It's there now!

6. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    wooo hooooo :) 'bout time apple!

7. Barbosa

Barbosa Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    N.Y., USA
    PM sent! Game looks awesome! :D

8. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    PM sent. This looks like a lot of fun. Anyone remember Fantastic Voyage?

9. PureSkill

PureSkill Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    We will see...
    Flour Bluff
    Cool, this looks like a fun version of asteroids. PM Sent!

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Nano Fighter Promo

PM'd although I am probably last in a long line... It's been one I've been considering.

11. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    Asteroids? Heck no. This is 50 times better! I'm hooked already.

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #12 S.I.D. CrAzY, Jul 5, 2009
    Just download the game again and a "This update is free" or w.e. message will pop up.

Edit: Just realized you could be talking about the iPod App Store, not the computer App Store. I downloaded it off the computer BTW.

13. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
  14. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Too late... I just bought this like ten days ago and currently enjoying it :)

15. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    I hope everybody likes this new version better :)

16. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    will let you know, d/ling and syncing now

17. brttrx

brttrx Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2009
    You definitely hit a home run with this update!

Currently No. 1 in the world (out of 4 :p)!!

18. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    :D Thank you!

19. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    A Fantastic Voyage indeed!

Truth in advertising...I had never played this before today. I got the lite version when it was released and enjoyed the bit I played, but didn't get to purchasing the full version. The dev offered promo codes, and I was lucky enough to receive one, so here are my impressions. They are very positive, but I want to stress that these are true impressions, not clouded by the promo code, as I have no problem stating how I truly feel about a game (as anyone who may have read previous posts of mine already know).

I asked in an earlier post if anyone remembered the movie Fantastic Journey, about a ship shrunk down and injected into a body to do battle there. When I was a kid this idea struck me. Later, when I went to Disneyland and went on the Fantastic Journey ride (since inexplicibly removed) this fascination grew. What a great concept. Nano Fighter works from a similar idea, and I must admit, just the idea behind the game piqued my intrest.

A great idea is just that if there is no content behind it, but luckily this game has plenty of content. I never played the original version, so I can't speak to that, but this new version is smooth as silk on my 3G S. You start (after an optional tutorial which is a nice touch) in the first area of the body, which is an artery. This is the first of a series of stages which is broken down into 5 levels each. The artery starts at a nice, modest pace and introduces you to some of the bodily enemies you'll be facing. Some of the baddies I've come across so far are white blood cells, bacteria of differing types, and viruses. These enemies all have different strengths and weaknesses. There are power-ups which appear randomly and these change every 3 seconds. They are extra bombs (more on those in a moment), increased shields, and weapon upgrade. What's nice about this is that you can use strategy to determine which power-up you want and wait until it cycles to that one. You have two shooting options with a toggle button on-screen. One is faster single-shot, and the other is slower double-shot. You also have a limited supply of bombs which wipe out the entire screen. It is good to wait until you are on a score multiplier (received by taking out multiple enemies without being hit) to use your bomb for maximum points.

This game fits into the "Geometry Wars" style, although it certainly has its own style and differentiates itself from the pack commendably. I had never played Geo Wars before I got my iDevice, and still haven't. I did however buy "Light Wars", then "Isotope", then "Circuit Strike One". I've enjoyed all of these, so apparently I'm a fan of these types of games. This game can easily take its place among those I mentioned. It does some things better than the others, and some things worse. That can be said about them all. I truly enjoy this game, and will get a lot of playing time out of it. It includes global leaderboards that will keep me coming back for more, although I plan to get toppled from the top by the time I finish this post. I highly recommend this title, and based on what I've read so far, many others do as well. If you're wondering if it's the "same old, same old" Geo-Wars type shooter, fear not. This has a distinct feel, and will sit comfortably with your other shooters. If you don't have any games like this, and like what you've heard, by all means pick it up!

20. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you liked it! :)
    I'm very curious to try it out on a 3gs. Still haven't purchased one myself. (I should probably get on that)