Nano Fighter 2.0 Submitted to Apple :)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PDJApps, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Those new circular enemies firing what looks like a red laser beam - will they be appearing on most levels? I ask because those guys look like multiplier-killers if there ever were any. Actually, they have me shaking like a bowl of startled jelly :D

2. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    #42 reinhart_menken, Jun 19, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
    *to himself* Phew, I'm still up there, okay :p I'd hate to go through all those 62 levels again (that's 62 minutes).

I'm glad you're against radically changing the game (like adding shops) Pavel, cause it's perfect right now with just pickup and go :) It's a lot more "skills".

Yeah it seems like they'll make close-quarter evasive maneuvers something you'll think twice about too. Fun :D :p

3. PDJApps

PDJApps Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    They are multiplier-killers! :D It's frustrating because you have to attack them differently. I'll wait to hear thoughts from everybody and may tweak things for 2.1 if you guys don't like them the way they are :)

2.0 still seems to crash on occasion so I'm working on fixing that now. May have to redo the way I do my audio. :mad:

I'm glad you like it the way it is. I want to keep it relatively simple to play. (plus don't want to rip off the other games)

4. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Ah man! Why didn't I see this earlier!?! I was in the top 25, but have since been bounced out! Did the scores lock yet? Do I still have time to get my spot in history Pavel?!? :D

Can't wait for this update, it's GOTTA be anytime now. Looks amazing, still loving this game more and more everyday. I'm gonna agree with "keeping it simple", as you were saying. If I really wanted a bunch of ships and upgrade type stuff I'd just go get Isotope. One of my favorite aspects of this game is the simplicity, but with that being said I'm still really excited for the changes you've made. The graphics look nicer, new enemies are always good, and the spread shot idea seems like it will give this game just that little bit of variety to keep things interesting. Great job! Again, I just can't wait!

5. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    Still have time! I'll lock it as soon as I get notice from Apple about the update :) The current 25 showing there are live and change as they do in the phone.

6. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    That's ok. As long as version 2.0 crashes less than the current version, then people won't think you're a sadistic capitalist pig disguised as a caring game designer *crosses fingers*

7. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    The update was taking so long to be approved that I managed to fix some bugs and make a few updates. I have resubmitted the update (this time with 3.0 testing completed as well - which might speed things up on apple's side hopefully)

Also I made a few changes which seem to have fixed the crashing (at least I could not replicate it on my phone running 3.0)

Sorry for the wait guys

8. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    No problem, I'm patient! :)

Is it out yet??? ;)

Actually this could be good, I guess this will give me more time to inch into the top 25 slots on the current leaderboard before you freeze it. I made it all the way from #31 to #30 this weekend! Yeah I know, but it's progress nonetheless!

9. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    Hehe. I'm rooting for you actually! Whenever I check the top scores I always check where you are :)

10. reinhart_menken

reinhart_menken Well-Known Member

May 8, 2009
    No worries, I know it's Apple and not you. In another Isotope thread the dev pointed out that Star Defense has had 3 updates since it's came out, and meanwhile....

2 more weeks and I'm gonna write Steve Jobs an email :p (and it's public knowledge too)

11. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I love the controls for this game. They feel so perfect.

12. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    Thank you! It took a long time to fine-tune them so I'm glad it paid off :)

13. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    It's crazy... One guy can make a game with better controls than Light Wars, Isotope, or Belowscape, and those are all multiple developers who made them.

14. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    Thank you :)

It's easy when you get laid off :D

15. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    Hey! You're in the top 25! Hurry update! hurry!!! :)

16. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    WTF apple, hurry your asses up i've been waiting on this for a while =P

17. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    Yeah it's frustrating!

18. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    Still no word! Perhaps next week will be the week!

Along with the update I submitted a free version of NF with just 10 levels and no online scoring. Hopefully that gets approved at the same time. :rolleyes:

19. The Bat Outta Hell

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    10 levels? I would think 5 would be enough to get a feeling if you want the game or not, but hey, I could be wrong =/

20. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    Yeah, I was debating between 5 and 10 for a while.
    I chose 10 in hopes that it'll give people a chance to really get into it. There's now a little bit of a story-line. Hopefully I picked right hehe.