Nano Fighter 2.0 Submitted to Apple :)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by PDJApps, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Karuko

Karuko Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Yup, now the game is more in tune with its description. Congrats Pavel!

2. PDJApps

PDJApps Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Thank you. I figured it'd be smart for a 2.0 version to organize and give it a small story.:)

3. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    Hey all,

I'm adding a page on nanofighter.net for viewing the top 25 scores.
    This will lock in all the Nano 1.x scores forever (as soon as 2.0 is approved) and start a new top 25 for the 2.0 version :) This way the scores won't simply be thrown away.

http://www.nanofighter.net/scores.aspx

so far ... REINHARTMENKEN, ftw ;)

Pavel

4. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    any news on the update as far as the approval process?

5. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    No, still waiting sadly. Normally by now it would have been approved so they must be very busy over there...

6. goldglover411

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    yea with OS 3.0 coming out and that convention apple is probably overwhelmed....hope it comes out soon i keep on checking the app store hoping to see a little red 1

7. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    Soon enough hopefully! Although it might be good if it came out after the new phone does.

8. mofard

mofard Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    You should add more ships

9. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    Hmm, what do you mean?

10. goldglover411

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    like different colors and shapes with different abilities....you could add a monatary system along with points

11. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    I hope the addition of backgrounds does not significantly slow things down when tons of critters are onscreen. If it turns out that it does then hopefully Pavel will consider adding a background toggle in a future 0.01 update. I think the game is great as it was, although the spread weapon thing does look cool.
    Am I the only one who is checking the app store several times daily for the update?

12. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    For the next (big) update I'm planning a new game mode, but creating a monetary system with new ships I feel might take away from the soul of the game. It would lose the simple pick up and play feel that I was going for. Personally I don't enjoy overly complicated games on the iPhone. I never seem to play them to their full extent.

I mostly built this the way I'd enjoy it when I first started this project. Hence the lack of bosses. I HATE bosses because you're going along, enjoying your game, and all of a sudden :eek: :eek: :eek: some JERK of a boss ruins everything in two seconds! :D

13. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    That was my worry initially so I spent a lot of time figuring out how to optimize everything. Right now it should feel the same if not smoother when there are tons of critters.

By the way...
    http://www.nanofighter.net/scores.aspx
    I'm building a scores page based off your recommendation Grubjelly :)
    As soon as the new version is released, your position will be locked in forever and a 2.0 score list will be created.

14. RM imagery

RM imagery Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Photographer (interiors, architecture, abstract ar
    Long Island, NY
    This is my feeling too, for all these GW type games. The new vid does look good and I will probably pick this up. I tried Light Wars, Pew Pew and Isotope in the past month - all decent, but I do get bored with the gameplay after 5 minutes.

Pavel, if the next version had what Your Personal Robot suggests, it would really enhance the replayability and interest.

What if there were a recurring bonus stage that has to be earned? - either by reaching a certain score or picking up a special gem that appears if "X" is achieved. Our ship would be awarded with faster speed and a more powerful gun and all enemies' behavior would change as they scatter and run from us in fear. Maybe they only move in a straight line but many of them moving in all different directions and unique speeds. We have 20-30 seconds to rack up as many points as possible before our gun and gameplay reverted to normal until the next bonus stage...

15. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Wtf I need to check the upcoming section more, didn't even notice it was submitted since the 11th =P

16. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    I absolutely love that idea!
    It might actually make it to the next major update.

Thank you
    I make a lot of changes based off of what I hear here :)

17. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    Wow the 11th, it has been a while! Bad time to submit an update I suppose :)

18. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Pfft, there isn't a bad time to submit an update, since submitting it later won't get it out any faster =P

I can't wait for this, along with the isotope update.

Oh yeah, the firing sounds like my sprinkler =D

19. PDJApps

May 18, 2009
    I should have rushed it to get it in before all this madness :)

It sounds remarkably like a sprinkler, you're right! How can I ever play again! :D

20. RM imagery

RM imagery Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Photographer (interiors, architecture, abstract ar
    Long Island, NY
    Very cool. Can't wait to experience it.