Universal Nameless: the Hackers RPG (by BoxCat LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I have a LOT of issues with that list...but I love the site and the proprietor of said site, so I'm not going to get into the definition of an RPG now.

It's funny...the only paper and pen RPG I ever bought and attempted to play (none of my friends wanted to read any of the booklets) was called "Paranoia!", and the main premise was that the GM had real ultimate power. Amything to further the narrative, as long as it was funny. Someone contests a rule? The gm can change the rules at will. Kill the character. You don't question Big Brother (the GM).

Party about to successfully complete a game? And survive? Find a way to kill them. They aren't SUPPOSED to survive.

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Any impressions, Vovin? (You know, or other fake people who've been hanging around for years?)

3. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    You fake people hurry up with your fake reviews lol

Seriously fake? Does that noob even think before calling people fake who have been here a long time?

4. Estrica

Estrica Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    #24 Estrica, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
    How to get the IT Security Credentials for the Internet Provider mussion? <.<

There is a main story, differently noted on the map and optional missions as well, so no random battles. Each mission is actually a battle. You get byteCredits and ResearchPoints from them. You can buy items from BCs and increase your skills with RCs.
    As I wrote before, you don't wander on the map, you just tap and select a mission. In the cities you can have other missions or get an interaction between your characters.
    On the map your HP and Energy points slowly increase. You can use your skills from the Energy points (not all requires it). I think the HP and Energy is common for all characters. You can decide in each turn which character's skill to use (or item or defending) - so only one move per turn. In this sense it is uniqe, don't remember any similar one.
    Still not too deep in the story to tell anything about it. Graphics is okay (sometimes great, sometimes not so), but I don't really like the music and sounds (others might find it good).
    Main problem is stability. Have to close a lot of apps for it to run at all and there still are some crashes, luckily it autosaves often (can save manually too).

5. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    I have a comparability question, iPods are not listed! Can you please give me a list? And waiting for some reviews..........

6. grmartin@mac.com

[email protected] New Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Seems to not be on the US store.

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Weird; it was earlier today.

8. bestkevin

bestkevin Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    It doesn't seem to be on Canadian app store anymore either.... :(

9. Bischi777

Bischi777 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    It just sounded and looked so cheesy. Thats why it sounded faked, even if you guys did hang around here for years. No offense ment.

10. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Really, because they showed enthusiasm for it? I know people can get a bit acerbic round here at times but they do as a rule give games the benefit of the doubt normally.

11. Bischi777

Jan 10, 2013
    No, it was because of the pictures where you can barely see the game but big breasted manga babes instead. Normally that doesent say anything good about a game :)

But if my intuition has tricked me i do apologies.

12. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    lol. :)

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Ahahaha!

EDIT: It is not on the appstore anymore, I was already thinking of TOFTTing since there arent any imps yet.

14. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Yeah...you'll know I'm joking when I make a post about Bras vs. Panties, Sperminator, or Pissy Flip.
    :)

15. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    Man, stuff disappearing after one day...there should be a rule against that.

16. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    You play enough Japanese-influenced games, you eventually forget the boobies are even there.

17. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    never!!!!!

18. Bischi777

Jan 10, 2013
    One shall never forget the boobies! :)

19. Zanetsu

Zanetsu Member

Nov 9, 2012
    Well, that was kind of a bummer, saw the thread and wanted to check the game out but it was already gone. I wonder why it got pulled.

20. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Got a email from boxcat and it was a stealth launch to see how it goes and if there would be crashes and the release will be in a few weeks