Universal Namco Arcade (NamcoBandai Games Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AnarKitty, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Robotwars

Robotwars Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    :rolleyes: Uh huh.

It's still illegal to copy them, even if you own them anyway. You still need permission.

2. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    I don't understand why (Licensing Issues?) Namco doesn't port over their early 80s arcade hit games such as Super Pac-Man, and Jr. Pacman, among others to the Iphone/Ipad.

Even some MAME users would be more than happy to plunk down a couple of bucks if they include Gamecenter Leaderboards and Achievements.

Or even include maze variations that didn't exist in the arcade versions. I guess that's what people use Misfit MAME for:)

The titles in this current collection are not worth it.

3. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Exactly. Here they go with this! Screw that! Definitely don't want to play my games like that. I will never help that get a head of steam!

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well theres an update with 3 new games (PacLand, Pacman and Rolling Thunder). I'm glad theyre adding new games but they've forgotton the important thing, they need to change the crazy IAP's.

Surely someone at Namco must see theres a Midway Arcade app which is doing really well with cheap prices and point that out to their boss ?

The Namco app 'could' be good but the prices are just stupid. If it was 69p a game i would be quite happy (Midway is far cheaper) but 1.99 or 2.99 per game ? Ridiculous

5. retrogamer

retrogamer Member

May 11, 2012
    With the latest update (1.2.4) this app now has iCade support! Seems Namco is slipping in iCade support for some of their titles (at least on iPad). Here's hoping the trend continues.

6. masvil

masvil Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2011
  7. y2kmp3

y2kmp3 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Can someone explain how these IAPs work?

Can I buy the game machine itself so I don't have any coin limit? The IAP descriptions are not clear at all? I only understand that coin one.

8. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    it's a total disgrace how this is the only way I can play pac land on my iPhone.
    wish they would just release it as a separate app it was one of my fav arcade games. used to go over to the shop across the road from my high school to play it on lunch breaks ;)