N.Y.Zombies 2 | Story, strategy, action, RPG elements, co-op and more

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Oh definitely... we'll be announcing beta details when that time comes ;) As long as you have a compatible device, you'll be able to apply! Those who have showed support for the game early will also probably have better chances ;)

2. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    I cannot wait for this, and I hope it develops into a true community inducing game, as well as a popular one, seeing as it looks even better than the first one, which was amazing, of course, and NYZ 2 looks to make that original experience *that* much more interesting and terrifying and immersive, as well as having co-op, which I think will add a ton of depth to the game, having different people with specific roles, ie: sniper for long range/heavy armoured, medic to heal self and teammates, can also throw down flares and seismic charges, maybe also brain bombs, gunner to take on the masses, and show them the light with automatic weapons, and engineer, using shotguns an melee to protect the team as zombies close in, and placing mines as well as using grenades and molotovs as well as any other placeable destruction devices (like turrets with limited ammunition). Of course, there would be no specific classes, it would all be based on the gear you specced into, and if there are skills (I can't remember if you mentioned them) based on which ones of those you specced into. You could also have, for online, a basic sniper class with only certain weapons available, a basic gunner class, a basic engineer class, a basic medic class, so that people could jump straight into multiplayer if they wished to, as well as having the option to use your single player character in multiplayer. Also, keep in the kind of weapon slots you had before, where you could take whatever you wanted, but we're limited by the number of slots, so you couldn't just be a god machine, and kind of have to specc into a set of weapons and skills, at least in the beginning- middle of the game, nearer the end it should open up. You could maybe even have randomly generate maps generated in chunks, with random waves, getting harder as time goes on, so that even once you finish the campaign, there is always a new map to play, with unpredictable waves. Although that would be awesome, you should also keep the ability to have a single, or a few, set survival maps with set waves so you can plan and strtegize, those are fun too. Anyways, I can't wait to see what you amazing people do with this amazing game.

3. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    What if we've only been observing but not posting in the thread :D

4. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Heh, some cool stuff in there ;)

N.Y.Zombies 2's co-op right now is structured so that on specific campaign levels you can join up with a friend to help you beat it... but only levels that make sense in the story, where you might be with other people. We have to be very careful about how we implement co-op because we do not want to take away from the story or atmosphere... N.Y.Z2, like the first, will focus mostly on a story based progression.

There will also be an "arena" survival level however, with waves. You and your pals can load out with whatever equipment you own, and you can shoot for a high score as a team. We have a perk system, so your "class" will be dictated by how each of you decided to stat out your character - whether its melee centric, tanking, ranged, explosives, etc! We have a branching skill tree, so it should be interesting to see what kind of combos people come up with!

Now, I don't want to/can't go into too much detail right now... but while N.Y.Z 2 will be more of an evolution of the 1st game and really more of a story based game, we are also working on a completely separate, totally fleshed out "zombie defense" game as well, which will have a LOT of cool stuff suited for that type of game... Originally we were thinking about adding this as an endless mode for NYZ2, but its gotten to be just too big and awesome for that! Look for more details on this later.

Well, at least you don't have to worry about that anymore, now that you posted :p

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    My mind nearly exploded from the awesomeness of that last post!!!

Is the co-op Bluetooth? Or Local Wi-fi? Or both? :)

6. Kbcorwin

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Foursaken_media, that sounds amazing :) Both sound good, and I like your decision to keep them separate, because I agree, too much in one game can leave some modes ignored or underused, and by designing the separate fully fleshed out zombie defense game for survival, you can probably get more people playing, and the more people playing, the more fun it is, 'cause then co op match up doesn't take forever. P.S. I am thoroughly impressed that you guys have stayed as one team developing, marketing, and selling, and not used a publisher to sell your games through, nor have you guys become publishers your selves, which crescent moon did successfully, and did well, but when you look at chillingo, you can see the dangers. And your guyses game ideas are always great. Ok, no more ultra long posts from me!

7. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Um, I believe its wi-fi and 3g... i'll have to double check to see exactly what we're including.

Haha... hey, as long as you're posting relevant stuff (which you are)! But yeah, hopefully we can keep releasing games under our own label... I guess we'll see how our next few games do!

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Well, I'm gonna bet they do very well.
    NY zombies and Bug Heroes (an ingenious concept and game by the way) are two of my all time favourites.
    I'm also intrigued now about the Zombie defence game you mentioned. Obviously you can't give details on it, but damn it, my list of instabuy games coming out is just getting larger and larger. Definitely should have got the 64 gig iPad.

9. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I agree fully with this!

10. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I think the way you guys are leaning towards having the coop it's gonna be a great and innovative way of doing it. I can't wait for this. Any info on how far along the gane is. Any ETA on beta build. I'm getting very anxious. Lmaoo

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hell, i am too. :D

12. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Sorry, no projected date for release or beta quite yet... as always, you guys will be the first to know though! We'll likely be recruiting for the beta primarily from TA, so definitely stay tuned ;)

13. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    And let the groveling to be a beta tester being.

14. Kbcorwin

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    At least it seems like not too too many people are watching or posting on the thread, hopefully it will only be those who are serious and want to help/ will help who apply, but there will be a few hangers on, or people who want to help at first, but later get bored.

15. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    The way that's helping me wait is totally avoiding this thread. If I can't read about all the great features then I won't be hyped. If I'm not hyped then the game comes faster. And when it does come out I wil be amazed about how great the game is and will not be disappointed by any aspect because there will be stuff i didn't expect! :D As you can see it isn't working though since I'm replying to your post..

16. Kbcorwin

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Fireball... You so silly... You been watching Ryan's blog at all?

17. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Hopefully that'll change once we post some game-play footage!

18. Kbcorwin

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Don't worry, you guys are plenty popular, you'll have plenty of customers for this, at least I hope you do!

19. Fireball926

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I've been trying not too! See I totally forgot about it now you reminded me, and why am I back here, need to think of a good way to get my mind off the game. Or just cave and watch every waking detail of it :D

20. Kbcorwin

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Hehe, good luck with that :) I've been watching it, but not too closely, checking in every other day or so.