N.Y.Zombies 2 | Story, strategy, action, RPG elements, co-op and more

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, lol, either way I'm sure whatever you guys finish with will be awesome. I'll buy it either way! :)

2. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Good stuff. I can't say one way or the other what it will end up being, but this is good stuff. Would love to hear more NYZ 1 vets opinions!

@ ninjackid -- thanks :) So far everyone on FB wants it free-roam ;)

3. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    I think you guys could pull off a really awesome sequel with node-based movement. Like you said, it would stay true to the style of NYZ1, but would add a whole new level of strategy. Advantages of this would be larger levels, and an increase in the impact that player choices have on the gameplay. Players could choose to move to a different area in between waves, and you could provide incentives and challenges that encourage movement. For example, random items might spawn at a different area, but if the player goes there he will have to face a tougher mob of zombies, or maybe even a boss battle.

There's so much that you guys could do if you added even limited, node-based movement. In my opinion that'd be the way to go.

Free roam would be awesome too, but it wouldn't feel quite NYZ style. If you could find a way to effectively implement both styles of movement, that would be the best.

4. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Having a node based game would be great, but free roam would be good too, I think have it that you can move between nodes at any time, and you can shoot while moving on the path to the next node, do that way you can retreat if you have too, and move back to a point where you can snipe from. Have the waves come from one main node, and switch randomly every wave, but have many fewer zombies come from other nodes. A large part of the gameplay would be the same, the defending your position with mines and fire and what not, but also, you could move, and have to fight to get to the next node, so that you can't just retreat with ease, one must have a few zombies spawn at the node you are going towards, and have some of the spawning numbers for the wave you are on switch to the node you moved to, while still having about half the zombies spawning at your previous node.

5. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Thanks for the thoughts :)

That's pretty much what it is right now, haha ;)

If there WAS free move however, it would actually be very similar to the node based game-play... except you could move around each node/area freely. Most levels would still have you doing something first before you can progress to the next area (defending, finding an item, rescuing someone, etc).

It is a really tough decision for us, because both ways are actually pretty darn cool in their own right. Even with free move, its still not your typical shooter (we'd still have tons of easy switch weapons and items ala NYZ1 style, both tap to shoot "from the hip" AND aim down iron sights, tons of weapon vs enemy strategy, etc)...

6. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Hey guys, new teaser screen :) Game is starting to come together quite nicely as our technology grows... we're really excited to get a game-play trailer up in the next few weeks so you can see it in action!

[​IMG]

7. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Looks hella sick! Can't wait for the trailer.

8. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Sh*t, that looks awesome! Can't wait!!!!!

9. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Looks great. Can't wait for this. Thanks fm

10. Oktagon Games

Oktagon Games Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Game Developer
    Brazil
    I like Zombie shooters the game screenshot looks impressive!

11. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

#71 Foursaken_Media, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    Fallen heroes of N.Y...

[​IMG]

Also we'd like to briefly talk about some of the new elements in N.Y.Zombies 2... first one is an RPG-esque, branching Skill Tree. You'll have to choose carefully which skill branch you place your points in, as you won't be able to get everything in one play through!

Oh yeah... and co-op is now confirmed!

12. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Man this is going to be awesome! Would you guys hurry up and finish it :)

13. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    So happy. This will be amazing beyond belief, you guys are one of my #1 developers for content, quality, and innovation.

14. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Take my money? :cool:

15. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Co-op!!! F*** yeah!!!!!!!!

You guys are downright awesome!!

16. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Love it. I know u guys are gonna knock it out of the park

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Nice! :) Will love the Co-Op mode.

18. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

not just your money, ALL THE MONEY! :eek:

19. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

It's going to be funny to have some of the old-school beta testers from N.Y.Z 1 back on for N.Y.Z 2... considering its been what, like 3 years?? :eek: Can't wait ;)

20. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    If you need any new testers... :D