N.Y.Zombies 2 | Story, strategy, action, RPG elements, co-op and more

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Foursaken_Media, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    #41 Trysis3, May 29, 2012
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
    -Well about the blood effects I can't really think of a game that has it done perfectly but I can tell you a great combination for the best blood effects IMO:
    1.it shoud have weight, so it doesn't splatter on the ground the second you shoot an enemy(something like in GOWIII and killZone 2)
    2.different splatter patterns(somethin like in blood&guns or alive4ever, both iOS DDSes)
    3.color shoudnt be too bright or dark
    EDIT:4.blood splatters on screen for nearby enemies is a must Of course and would be nicer if it looks like its thrown at the screen, then it falls down

-some weapon suggestion I have (flamethrower, grenade launcher,dual weelding and maybe some exotic weapons)

-an unloackble filter after you beat the game that turns everything black/white exept for blood would be amazing

EDIT2:-a coop horde mode is a must IMO !!

2. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Dig it! Good ideas, man! Sounds good to me!

3. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Not sure on the rag doll physics... While it would be awesome for sure, that's one of the those things that has to be built in from the ground up, and requires a lot of other stuff behind the scenes to get it working... but we'll see ;)

I like that b&w filter idea ;) As for coop, can't say one way or the other quite yet... We'd definitely love to get some form of this in!

As for other suggestions about weapons, features, etc... we'd love to hear them all! They may not make it in, but it can't hurt to suggest stuff anyway!

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I like that b&w idea too! What about like a night vision filter?

5. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Yeah, another vote for co-op. I'm not the kind of guy who feels like multiplayer needs to be in every game, but zombies and co-op are like milk and cereal. After L4D, I've kind of been hooked on the formula.

As for other suggestions, I just hope you keep the quick-turn feature in this game. Such a simple thing, but it makes such a difference in a game like NYZ.

6. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Yeah I hear you... though NYZ2 is mostly a story based single player experience tbh.

We're definitely not in the habit of throwing half done modes in our games so we can add buzzwords to our press release :p So if we can't get something done that is makes sense and is awesome, we won't add it to this version.

7. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    If you could implement a coop mode that has two players back to back and somehow pull that off it would be nuts. But truthfully nyz is a great single player game and I rather fm focus on that then the mp.

8. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    So you're saying something like the co-op mode in Affliction? Yeah, that'd be pretty sweet.

9. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    What can I do to convince you to finish this fast and transition to a Bug Heroes MMO?

: D

10. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

We've got some cool ideas.... IF we do co-op ;) Don't worry, if it happens, we'll announce it here first.

Hehe... not quite sure about an MMO :p Unless someone wants to fund the server cost haha. Trust me... I WISH we had more resources to do and maintain something like that, but it certainly isn't very feasible at this time. Now... a BH sequel sometime in the future? Won't say one way or the other :p

11. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

And, here's a new teaser pic... brutal and serious are our new buzzwords ;) Every enemy will have a host of animations (all these teasers are actual in game models)... different hits, different knockdowns, get-ups, attacks, etc... we'll be shooting for something around 15-20 completely different enemy types, which will all require different weapon counters and strategies ;) We've even gone so far as to have functioning eyes and mouths... staring you down and snarling and biting ;) We're trying to add a TON of detail to make sure players are immersed as possible!

[​IMG]

12. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Daaaammmmmnnn. That's pretty sick. Definitely looks way more dark and scary than NY Zombies 1

13. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Can't wait for this one. Was a big fan of the first game. Think I'll have to go play it again, because I never did finish it the first time around.

14. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    Damn. I've beat that game 4 times already and it never gets old. Wait until the last stage of that game, it's pretty tough.

15. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Just bought my friend's old 3rd gen!! I can run this when it comes out now!!!! :D

16. Fastbridge

Aug 20, 2009
    NYC, New York. USA
    Just watched the trailer again. Love the deloreon;) one of my favorite cars. Actually tried to buy one not to long ago

17. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    This game both sounds and looks amazing, hopefully you can get new NYZers as well as returning customers/ninja zombie defeating machines of tactical minigun sniping chainsaw awesomeness. Landline..... Boom

18. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

So, I'm curious... and we would love as much discussion as possible, especially from those who have played the 1st N.Y.Zombies...

So, if you had to vote, would you rather have:

a) "node based" movement; think a mix of NYZ 1 and Dark Meadows, where you would tap move to specific new sub areas, then fight off mini waves at those points, find items, gather info, etc. Imagine for ex the 1st 3 levels in NYZ combined into one (start in apartment, can move from bedroom node to living room node, then can move to hallway node, then to another room, and freely back to old nodes). Combat would still be static defense at each node when waves of enemies came at you... this is how it currently is.... a nice evolution of the movement, exploration, but still staying true to NYZ 1.

OR

b) free move ;)

Please keep in mind N.Y.Zombies game-play :) I know a lot of people are vocal about wanting free roam, but I'm wondering if that would alienate a large portion of our original fanbase... let us know one way or the other!

19. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    I say free move. It would still have the multiple weapons, zombie types, strategy aspects, etc of NYZ 1 but with free movement.

My two cents :)

20. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    One of the things that appealed to me about the original was it's lack of free roaming. Not that I have anything against being able to go where I want, but when done right you can create some really eerie moments with fixed movements that don't quite work with free roaming. Of course I realize the same can be said the other way around (Dead Space), but I think you should try to improve upon what you've already established instead of in essence creating a new game. However, I'll play it either way :rolleyes: