Universal N.Y.Zombies 2 (By Foursaken Media)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Hen14, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

I don't think that'll be possible :(

Thanks, adding fixes to the next update!

2. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Anybody been able to play Co-op yet? would be cool to play a game with someone on this thread or on the beta team, that knows the game.

3. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

I think the initial problem with v1.0 (iOS 5 vs iOS 6 matching problems) really caused some issues... we've found that people are much slower to update large games like this one, so a high % of people are still on v1.0 even now :/ Also the RAM in the current version is RIGHT on the threshold for lower RAM devices, which is also giving some players issues... this has been fixed in the next update!

It definitely works though (me and ninjackid played on a while back), but an arranged game would prob work best at this point.

-----

Also we added a few new changes to the update since it was last announced (waiting on approval now), including much better stability for lower gen devices (especially for co-op), much better performance (especially for older devices in heavy action), better lighting and shader effects, and a few other goodies!

• NEW WEAPONS: Tommy Gun and the Winchester “Special”
    • players will no longer get stuck on enemies, and can “push” their way through crowds
    • added new shader effects for better looking lighting on all devices
    • major performance boosts, especially on ipod touch 4 and iphone 4
    • major crash and stability fixes on lower RAM devices (iPod Touch 3/4, iPad 1, iPhone 3GS)
    • improved zombie pathing
    • other miscellaneous optimizations
    • fixed a save data bug
    • rocket launcher no longer kills survivors
    • enemies now spawn on coney island side missions
    • can now invite multiple people to multiplayer without crashing

4. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yup, it definitely works. And when it does, it's a blast! :D

Sounds like a great update, can't wait!

5. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Christmas sale for $.99 for a short time.

6. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Update 1.2 just went live! New weapons, better lighting, and tons of performance improvements.

7. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Woohoo!!! :D

8. SmackDatButt

SmackDatButt Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    #668 SmackDatButt, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    Just finished the campaign on Normal...

The ending is soo awesome and sad! I almost cried, the background music an everything else totally sucked me in :) I felt so bad for him..

9. pylos

pylos Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Please add another campaign.

10. Foursaken_Media

Patreon Indie

Haha, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Would absolutely love to, but just not sure how feasible that will be, at least at the moment :( We will still release some new content in the future, but a whole new campaign would be quite an undertaking.

If it ever does happen, we had already mapped out a ton of cool ideas, situations, and characters though... ;)

11. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    N.Y.Zombies 3? ;)

12. SmackDatButt

SmackDatButt Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    I'm running on an iTouch 4th gen, and before the latest update (with lighting improvements & crash fixes & such) everytime I tried a mission, the game crashed.

I'm very happy with the latest update, everything works fine and I'm glad your team works to improve the flaws of the game.

I've never had a successful multiplayer experience. I don't know if its a server issue or a client issue or what, but I've always had to wait at least ten minutes, only to get an error message, if I even choose to wait that long.

13. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Time to play this again.

14. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Just chiming in to say that after the latest update, Multiplayer works fine now! I played a game with my friend, (who has a 4th gen, btw) and damn it was fun!

15. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Playing Side Missions...

Hey everyone,

I have never thought to ask this.

When I go back to play sidemissions, is there a map name listed anywhere? It says obviously what the TASK is, but does it list Sewer or Hospital or etc. anywhere?

It feels like a crap shoot sometimes and I go into a side mission totally ill-prepared....

if it is not there, could Forsaken guys take a few brief minutes and add it in? I know you guys are rocking it with H&C and the other new game...

THANKS!

16. viskjall

viskjall Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Suburbs II

Im lovin it but im stuck for quite some time now.

Can anyone give me some pointers for Suburbs II? I specialized in Melee but this level is like a "help from above" mission. I'm supposed to save two survivors in the streets from my window but despite having completed a bunch of side missions to get me a .50, rifle, M16, the survivors still get killed. They get swamped eventually and the big monsters are doing the rest. im tired of doing all thise side quests just to update all these guns. Had i known, i wouldnt have specialized in melee. Is there another way? thanks

17. Nucky

Nucky Member

Feb 3, 2013
    This is one of the stages where the auto turrets and bear traps come in handy. It also helps to have a premium weapon, like the gold dual pistols that have unlimited ammo. Don't not use all three turrets at once. Use one at a time. Start by setting up one turret near the survivors. Then set up a perimeter of bear traps around them (not too close though). The bear traps will stun the zombies they catch and hold them in place, giving you a chance to react. The auto turret will automatically target and take out zombies for you. You then do your best to gun down all the zombies. When the auto turret expires, set up another one. If you feel yourself losing the battle, set the remaining two turrets at the same time. I beat the game on normal, hard, and nightmare using this tactic on all the "rescue from above" missions. Good luck!

P.S. Does anyone know where all the hidden journal pages are? I'm missing the one in Central Park, the beach, and "escaping over water" (I'm assuming Brooklyn Bridge) It feels like I searched everywhere and I can't find them.

18. viskjall

viskjall Member

Jul 22, 2011
    I'm sorry nucky but it appears to me, that i cannot leave the room on the 2nd floor. i have only a small window from which i can shoot. how am i supposed to place bear traps and turrets around them when they are far away in the streets?

As i was specialized with melee, i had little ranged weapons to start with. I eventually beat the level by doing TONS of side quests, to buy and update 50cal, M16, golden winchester and Hand grenade.

I eventually beat the level but needless to say i was really annoyed having to spend so much time to spend on ranged weapons. i breezed through every other leven until then and could not anticipate something like that.

19. Nucky

Nucky Member

Feb 3, 2013
    That's great that you beat the level. Using my tactic, even though you're trapped in the second story window, you could still use turrets and bear traps. They appear wherever your aiming crosshairs are positioned.

20. viskjall

viskjall Member

Jul 22, 2011
    whaaat i had no idea :D thanks for the info!! if only i had known! :D