Universal N.O.V.A. 3 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 9, 2012.

1. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    How's it on iPhone 5? Is it still as good plus wide screen support?

2. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Do please, thanks.

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I think it's just a bug really.

On and Connector there already is a big enough difference for me in the iPad 3 vs 4 version: the iPad 4 has retina + full effects with a smoother framerate. That's awesome and totally enough for me. What I was hoping was that the update would either take the radial blur and depth of field from that one level and add it to the rest of the game, OR just cut it out entirely. But no changes were made.

What I'd really like it retina for MC4, or at least a res bump. No reason the iPad 3 & 4 versions should look identical.

4. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Got it, thanks.
    It seems as though its now properly optimised for the iPad 3 (and other devices) which would make a big difference.
    I remember it being slightly laggy on my iPad 2 so judging by what you say and the release notes, I'm guessing its improved across the board.
    As this is still probably the best looking game on iOS (or at least close to it), the update sounds good.

5. Peewhy

Peewhy Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    how does the ingame voice chat work?

6. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    oh god iphone 5 optimization. redownloading asap

7. I'm kind of confused, are you saying the resolution of the ipad 3/4 version is different? The updated ipad 3 version is ipad retina and has no framerate problems whatsoever. I think the framerate is throttled, so probably all ipads are running at close to the same framerates now I figure. If any ipad mini or ipad 2 owner could confirm this, it would be nice.

So the main difference should be the effects like blur which the ipad 3 version does not have.

I have attached a screenshot of the ipad 3 version, can you or anyone else upload a picture of the ipad 4 version, cause I am curious to see if there is any difference graphics wise in the two versions. Thanks!

Attached Files:

8. Yeah, I think the ipad 3 version had the most to gain because of the ipad retina graphics and the slightly underpowered cpu/gpu. Before the update it was sluggish, and it wasn't near as smooth as I would have liked.

I really like the theme in this game. Never have played til the end, but now that I can play it on my tv with a real wireless joystick, gonna play it until I finish it. I am also curious to see whether in multiplayer, the joystick will give me an advantage, cause it controls way better than the touchscreen does.

Happy for the update, at least for now the ipad 3 is ok. But soon enough, like when Nova 4 comes out, I'm sure I will be jealous of all users ipad 4 and above. Cause at that time I do think my ipad 3 will be showing its age a little.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    It's running at retina, but not at full graphics.

Missing particles and old newspapers falling down in the sky, heat haze from explosions, heat distortion from the gun barrel. Pretty minor, but they're there in my version.

If I hadn't have told you about them you would never've noticed :p

10. Thanks for the explanation. I turned the low resolution option mode on to see these effects, and the newspapers do give the game a different look. The blur I can see when you first talk to the first soldier.

I guess there is no reason for ipad 3 players to play the low res mode anymore, since the high res retina version runs so well now. But it is cool to play the low res mode to see what effects we are missing out on.

Got one final question for you, do you ipad 4 owners have the low res option in your settings mode? I can't believe you guys would ever use it cause there is no need for it. Is the low res option there on the ipad 4?

11. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA

12. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Any of you guys snipers? It's really hard in this because of all the rocket launchers.

13. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    I like to snipe when I can,went on an 18 kill streak with it once :D but whenever someone abuses the RPG just use the assault rifle or beat them at their own game-difficult but effective

14. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    I always snipe even with RPG players. Practice makes perfect, right?

Those RPG players are always killing me. :(

15. MarkyMarc

MarkyMarc Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    USA
    I realize many of you are playing MC4, but who still plays multiplayer here? I mostly play the Badlands level because I enjoy sniping.

16. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    I play all the time,and I don't touch badlands because of the people abusing the cars (I just call them warthogs because of halo) to run you over,I've been ran over while I was FLYING

17. MarkyMarc

MarkyMarc Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    USA
    Anyone else have this issue? Right when I press Join, the screen freezes. Deleted and redownloaded the app. Closed all other apps. Still not working, freezes every time.

[​IMG]

18. k1lljoy_89

k1lljoy_89 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Look out your window.