Universal N.O.V.A. 3 - Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance - (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, May 9, 2012.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #21 Rip73, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
    A guy on the upcoming thread won a copy of it and he said he had no problems with it on iPod touch 4, which seems to be the minimum requirement. So as long as you don't download it for less than 3GS or touch 4, there won't be any problem.
    Plus the gameplay videos of another person who won it are up on YouTube and it looks super smooth even with the memory usage that display adapter uses. His using an iPad 2.
    So minimum a4 chip, reduced effects, no problems. A5 chip, awesomeness.
    iPhone 4s and iPad 2 myself so, yep, on those two, goty probably.
    Save the negativity for when we do know of some problems.

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    On the flip side, save the positivity until you have it in your hands. :p

That's actually all I wanted to post, the game doesn't interest me. Sorry. I'll go now...

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Already found a few Bugs... and they are pretty obvious. Sorry but this Game doesn`t seem to become as Bug Free as I had wish it would be. Still it`s one of the best One out there on the Mobil Market

4. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Could you give some examples?

5. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Ah, well that's a bit unfortunate.
    Hopefully it's not major ones like multiplayer crashes or crashes in general.

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Writing already an Report to sent to Gameloft instead of actually playing the Game. One is Airplay related and the second One is about the iAP.

Sorry I won`t go further into Detail on Public since it`s not my intention to Blackmail Gameloft for those Bugs even they are damn obvious.

I hope you are fine with it since I don`t wanna see that Thread to become another "Gameloft Bashing Thread* like the once before...

7. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    Please elaborate.

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #28 Rip73, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
    That's a fair point.
    But I do have it in hand already, but only got to play for a very short period of time, so didn't hit, or notice, any problems yet.
    Don't use AirPlay and haven't even looked at the iap so didn't notice the things Sanuku has.

9. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I don't understand what you mean? The purpose of these forums are to share things like this with others. I've seen you point out bugs in other reviews. If game loft dropped the ball and there are bugs then you there shouldn't be any problem with speaking about them. Anyway thanks for your contribution to this site. I always look for your reviews and videos.

10. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    Is the airplay bug like with MC3 where from a 3rd gen ipad it only fills the top left corner of your tv and flickers like mad?

11. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    His point was that a lot of people take to Gameloft bashing for the slightest thing, and the first pages of the thread will be littered with people who haven't tried the game that will attack Gameloft for the bugs they only read about and don't experience.

It's happened before...

12. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Does it run as bad as MC3 on ipt4 ?

13. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    I'm just wondering; have you even read the first couple of pages in this thread? And, have you even checked out the latest pages in the Upcomg Games section thread? Just wondering.

And MC3 ran bad on an iTouch 4th gen? MC3 ran amazingly on my iTouch 3rd gen...

14. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    on a 4th with the retina screen MC3 did suffer in frame rate a fair bit from time to time.

15. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I've never had a problem with any game including MC3 on my iPhone 4. I'm sure it will be liquidy smooth.

16. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Hoping for iCloud save support...I really enjoyed the 1st player story last time... Aside from all the multiplayer

17. Trysis3

Trysis3 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Jdragoon19

1.Yes i have read them ,and i haven't found anything helpful
    2.ipt4's performance is always worse than the ipt3's
    3.if have nothing helpful to say please STFU
    Thanks

18. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    How are they not helpful? JCman7 posted that it runs perfectly fine on an iTouch 4th gen.

19. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    For me its the opposite. I found Nova 2 multiplayer incredibly boring, but this looks a lot better.

Oh cmon don't complain :p MC3 is a buggy piece of sht and it was still mad fun. If this has at least a little less bugs than in MC it'll be awesomw.

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Mc3 did run bad on ipt 4g. Especially when you got a notification or low battery.

Oh and this ^

He didn't actually bother to read it properly because iPod's lag was one of the main questions and he answered many times.